Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

Bacell10 March 1st, 2016

Dry your tears child. Life is too short for so much sorrow.

~American Horror story

writerchick88 March 1st, 2016

This is from the Desiderata (which can be found in it's entirety here) but this stanza helps me:

You are a child of the universe, no less than the trees and the stars;
you have a right to be here. And whether or not it is clear to you, no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Nichole31 March 1st, 2016

@writerchick88

cyanPlatypus6370 March 1st, 2016

"When no one is watching, live as if someone is."

(uncredited)

Source: found in coffee table gift book by Max Lucado.

ToBeSuperman March 1st, 2016

You are the reason someone has strength to smile. And I know that deep down you know someone is the reason you smile. We are all loved. Even if we don't realize it.

Thebriarpatch March 1st, 2016

I have a little motto when I'm in need of grounding "be proud, be thankful, be strong" and I try think of one thing for each and repeat it back to myself.

johnnyV March 1st, 2016

Stay positive today ppl.

BeBrave121 March 1st, 2016

Everyday may not be good but there is something good in every day 🌞

mctcagito March 1st, 2016

"You are not as powerless as you think you are. You have the power to save yourself."

Sjr March 1st, 2016

I used to live with a woman who suffers from ALS. She always repeated this phrase:

"Rest if you must... But never quit."

I got it tattooed on the side of my wrists last year.

It comforts me when I need to be comforted. And keeps me motivated when i need to be reminded to never lose the will to live.

Crashingwaves2403 March 1st, 2016

When the caterpillar thought her world was over, she turned into a beautiful butterfly smiley

RainbowButterflyGirl123 March 1st, 2016

The flower that blooms in adversity is the most rare and beautiful of all.

RainbowButterflyGirl123 March 1st, 2016

Sometimes life is like a dark tunnel. You can't always see the light at the end of the tunnel, but if you just keep moving... you will come to a better place.

RainbowButterflyGirl123 May 22nd, 2016

(Yes, these quotes are from a TV show)

Dragonbeauty March 1st, 2016

I just have to have hope, no matter what, that good things await me if I don't give up. Just my thought.

tjb28 March 1st, 2016

@Dragonbeauty this is a favourite of mine.

Wonderer413 March 1st, 2016

"I have been and always shall be your friend."

-Spock

rainbow6 March 1st, 2016

wink

bandsbandsbands March 1st, 2016

You are not your thoughts. You are not your emotions. You are the soul inhabiting the human body that is having those thoughts and emotions. Breathe that in for a second.

EmmanuelGoldstein March 1st, 2016

"He gazed up at the enormous face. Forty years it had taken him to learn what kind of smile was hidden beneath the dark moustache. O cruel, needless misunderstanding! O stubborn, self-willed exile from the loving breast! Two gin-scented tears trickled down the sides of his nose. But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Big Brother." - George Orwell's 1984
Not exactly uplifiting but if you look at it the way I do, it's actually quite positive because Winston did, sort of, get a happy endind because whereas all his "friends" got tortured/killed/revealed to be thinkpol agents he actually got a nice ending with a sinecure job and he didn't get killed.
All he had to do was betray everyone he loved and surrender his will to the state.......
UmbrElla1413 March 1st, 2016

You cannot change other people, make their decisions, take their actions, protect their feelings. You cannot change the universe, right all wrongs, influence all circumstances, eliminate all suffering. But these are not the things that will determine your happiness.
Remember that it is your beliefs, your mindset and your actions that change your life and determine your happiness. So learn more about what could make you happy and change your mindset.
And never stop asking these three questions: What meaning am I giving to this part of my life? What other meaning could it have? What changes can I make to transform this part of my life?

dhabib March 2nd, 2016

@UmbrElla1413 i like wat you said good point i like it

MissDiamond March 2nd, 2016

@UmbrElla1413 You are really awsome.. when I read this post, I feel like.. isn't it me, always affected by others.. but you make it all clear.. thank usmiley

SupportingSoul March 1st, 2016

Life is all about self discovery with the least amount of self destruction yes

perfectxstranger March 1st, 2016

"If I am worth anything later, I am worth something now. For wheat is wheat even if people think it is grass in the beginning"

UmbrElla1413 March 2nd, 2016

@perfectxstranger This is a beautiful analogy, thank you!

dauerhass March 1st, 2016

i've been travelling in the desert of my mind and i haven't found a drop of life

PanicAtTheDiscount March 4th, 2016

@dauerhass March to the Sea?

idontunderstand March 1st, 2016

What's the point in being grown-up if you can't be childish sometimes?

MissDiamond March 2nd, 2016

@idontunderstand thats rightyes

fairmindedApple800 March 1st, 2016

If anxiety was a friend instead of an enemy.

JCAlways March 1st, 2016

@fairmindedApple800

I'd be friends with a monster

dhabib March 2nd, 2016

@fairmindedApple800 anixety bothers me :) i would have to say its both im taking meds for it its a hemopathic medication

fairmindedApple800 March 2nd, 2016

@dhabib it's getting too much these days

JCAlways March 1st, 2016

What do you do to control extreme anxiety if you don't wanna take sedatives anyone?...

Do you brake the hyperventilating cycle and go back to normal ever???

I'm terrified that I can't...😓😖😖😖

Jinks March 2nd, 2016

@JCAlways if I ever get an anxiety attack again I usually end up in the hospital because everything...the world the air my mind body everything goes up to level 5000. And its just massive.the only way to get around it is to go thru it.