Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

CaringJoy January 29th, 2016

@Younas

Just let it go... Younas

I can relate so let's just inhale and exhale!

ivoryWater3161 January 25th, 2016

You are not the opinion of someone who doesn't know you. - Taylor swift

BlueAmberGreen January 25th, 2016

carefreePerspective39 January 26th, 2016

@BlueAmberGreen

Awesome!

The question is what cannot be taken away?

I will think about that whole day!

smilelychee January 28th, 2016

@BlueAmberGreen then it depends on nothing???

Geodc January 29th, 2016

@BlueAmberGreen I was always told true happiness is a choice made from within. Hence that choice to be happy can never be taken away.

And the peanut gallery is alive and well. Lol

CaringJoy January 26th, 2016

"I can tell a lot about a person by what they choose to see in me."

Image result for fairy silhouette

annabell14 January 27th, 2016

CaringJoy January 27th, 2016

"Let's try to avoid insecure thoughts from ruining something amazing."

sadvoices January 27th, 2016

I just feel unwanted and lonely all the time

CaringJoy January 29th, 2016

Life is 20% what happens to us and 80% how we react to it.

Image result for candles and flowers

How we react affects the outcome!

goodbyebleuskye January 29th, 2016

Comme tous les rêveurs, je confonds le désenchantement avec la vérité.

goodbyebleuskye January 29th, 2016

@goodbyebleuskye Jean Paul Sartre

igruaminion January 30th, 2016

If you want to know what a man's like, take a good look at how he treats his inferiors, not his equals. - J.K Rowling

I'm not on the lookout for clones; it's not something that interests me. After all, Dolly will never be the same as the other sheep. - Andrea Pirlo

Itsacrazylifewelive January 31st, 2016

Veni Vidi Vici

PetiteCup January 31st, 2016

@Itsacrazylifewelive

came see saw

forcefulCoconut5720 February 2nd, 2016

@Itsacrazylifewelive I came i saw i conquered?

Itsacrazylifewelive February 3rd, 2016

@forcefulCoconut5720 yess :)

CaringJoy January 31st, 2016

"Our life no matter how bad we might think it is, it's actually someone else's fairytale so let's try to be thankful."

Image result for candles in water

contentment..

AndieM February 1st, 2016

It doesn't matter how hard you may fall, what matters is how you stand up and clean up your scraped soul and heart.

February 1st, 2016

In the one hour that we spend listening to a member, there is a chance to form a connection like no other… they trust us with details of their lives that they can't express to the person they really want to be telling it to. In that one hour, a lot changes… it's like the golden hour. In that moment you become the treasure chest for these intimate details. And that marks the beginning of a race to the finish line where the treasure awaits… by opening up to you, a member is already setting the wheels in motion, plotting in his mind a course of action, to blurt out what needs to be said. They're scared, they're anxious, overwhelmed and maybe even angry with themselves for not being able to take that leap. That's where we come in … they pour it all out to us, free themselves of that burden , so that the emotions are no longer suffocating and the prospect of revealing those secrets, harbored for so long in the dark corners of their mind, is no longer as daunting as it once seemed… after all, it's gold coins and even the pirates are looking to loot it. After all, everybody wants to be special enough to be entrusted with these golden coins - these secrets - no matter what they are. Even if they're hard to accept at first , or tend to send people running for the hills. We often keep them secrets for this reason itself.. because we worry they're not a part of us that others will accept. The idiom skeletons in the closet captures that nicely. But, I don't think so… I think that to be bestowed such secrets is a privilege, and I wish more people would see it that way… because ultimately we all have dark sides, and unglamorous secrets but we need people to accept that… to love us enough to help us find the treasure chest and the key… because when our ship was sinking on that dark and stormy night,we threw that chest overboard along with our advisor with firm instructions to safeguard it with his life. So to every member out there, grappling with the unimaginable idea of revealing scary secrets, you deserve somebody who will accept you, completely … somebody who will count themselves richer for learning truths about you that very few others were vested with. To every listener out there, don't get eaten by the sharks roaming the waters… they have a keen sense of smell, so don't let it all cut you .. the information and the painful facts. And remember to keep things separate .. lock away the treasure and don't let anything pollute your river. It's your clean waters that makes it possible to sustain so much precious diversity.

CaringJoy February 1st, 2016

Our value doesn't decrease based on someone else's inability to see our worth. We're already validated by our uniqueness and self love.

Image result for scented candles

we're more than enough...

Ors February 2nd, 2016

Any statistician would have called us impossible :)

CaringJoy February 2nd, 2016

"Let's stop waiting for Friday, for Summer, for someone to validate us, Happiness is achieved when we stop waiting for it and make the most of the moment we're in Now."

Image result for candles and water

8steplisten February 2nd, 2016

How would you feel if people listened to you more often? Now imagine a world where we all listened to each other more often.

dhabib March 2nd, 2016

@8steplisten i would be happier and free and i can breathe more and distress released and cleansed also :)

It

You have to listen with your heart and mind, if you want people to speak with theirs.

CaringJoy February 3rd, 2016

"Someone who is worthy of our love, will not put us down in a situation where we feel we must sacrifice our dignity, our integrity, or our self worth to be with them."

Image result for candles and flowers wallpapers

8steplisten February 3rd, 2016

"I think, therefore I am" I listen, therefore you are.

CaringJoy February 4th, 2016

"I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions."

Image result for butterflies

LittleMatryoshka February 4th, 2016

Forgiveness

violinist2k15 February 4th, 2016

"People will tell you that you can't, for as long as you're trying to do something, and they're wrong. But nothing can be more wrong than actually believing them." - Markiplier

violinist2k15 February 4th, 2016

warmheartedHuman2014 February 12th, 2016

@violinist2k15 I can't like this enough! #whovian

8steplisten February 4th, 2016

To listen is to allow someone to exhale as the tears roll down their face.

blissfulWaterfall17 February 4th, 2016

You won't realize the distance you've walked until you take a look around and realize how far you've been.

MeteorShower February 5th, 2016

You can't live behind a stop sign all your life and when you want to do something, that gets your heart beating, decide that it's safer not to.