Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

LauraG August 18th, 2014

'We can do anything we want to do if we stick to it long enough.'

Kahel August 18th, 2014

"Don't do nothing becuaseyou can only do little, DO WHAT YOU CAN"

Mihaela August 18th, 2014

"Think about the pluses, not the minuses"- Sheila

"that's my thing for 2014: try to just let life happen, worrying will not change the outcome"- Sheila

"it's not a big deal"- Mrs. Froese(my teacherr)

zeiwald August 18th, 2014

So far it's my absolute favorite :)

"We are all a bit messed up - doesn't mean we can't be happy."

LauraG August 19th, 2014

'In any project the important factor is your belief. Without belief, there can be no successful outcome.'

LauraG August 19th, 2014

'Don't wait for extraordinary opportunities. Seize common occasions and make them great.'

LauraG August 19th, 2014

'When you get into a tight place and everything goes against you, till it seems you could not hang on a minute longer, never give up then, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.'

Celty August 25th, 2014

??Depression is not beautiful poetry and sympathy from loved ones and a beautiful girl crying in the middle of the night while her boyfriend holds her and whispers ?I love you? over and over again. 
Depression is not dead flowers and lana del rey music and dark eyeliner and lipstick smearing your face as you cry in a dirty bathtub smeared with your own blood. 
Depression is a foul taste in your mouth and smell in your room because you don?t care enough to take a shower or brush your teeth. 
Depression is longing for the days you cry because feeling something is better than feeling nothing and being sad is better than the blunt anxiety that is a constant in the back of your mind. 
Depression is watching your friends slip away because you don?t care enough to call them or see them and in turn feeling lonely and ignored because it feels like they don?t care enough to call you or see you. 
Depression is watching your grades plunge because how can you care about them when you don?t even care if you live or die?
Depression is having your teachers and your parents call you lazy and unmotivated and a deadbeat because of these grades and because your illness is so blind to them you have trouble convincing even yourself that it exists. 
Depression is your back aching from staying in bed for hours a day, hoping you can live out your life in bed until you don?t have to live anymore. 
Depression is staying up until five a.m. watching tv because if you turn everything off you will be alone with your thoughts and there is nothing on earth worse than that. 
Depression is groaning in disappointment and anxiety when you wake up the next morning. 
Depression is praying yet again that night that you don?t wake up. 
Depression is not romantic. It is not beautiful. It is disgusting, empty, ugly. It is a pain so deep and long lasting you forget how you ever were without it.? In honour of robin Williams?
? Anonymous

Celty August 25th, 2014

?Growing up, I wish I hadn?t tried so hard to fit in. I?d tell myself to just embrace what you were born with because it?s beautiful and you were made like that for a reason. It?s tough being a girl. I think we need all of the support we can get.?
? Shay Mitchell

Celty August 25th, 2014

?Growing up, I wish I hadn?t tried so hard to fit in. I?d tell myself to just embrace what you were born with because it?s beautiful and you were made like that for a reason. It?s tough being a girl. I think we need all of the support we can get.?
? Shay Mitchell

Celty August 25th, 2014

?We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty?
? Maya Angelou

Celty August 25th, 2014

?Ultimately, you need to take responsibility for making the decision that brings peace to your heart. If you make a mistake, it?s not the end of the world. But being true to your heart is the key to your happiness?
? ~ Anon (monastic)

Celty August 25th, 2014

?Find joy in everything you choose to do. Every job, relationship, home? it?s your responsibility to love it, or change it.?
? Chuck Palahniuk

Celty August 25th, 2014

?Look at the weaknesses of others with compassion, not accusation. It?s not what they?re not doing or should be doing that?s the issue. The issue is your own chosen response to the situation and what you should be doing. If you start to think the problem is ?out there,? stop yourself. That thought is the problem.?
? Stephen Covey

Celty August 25th, 2014

?People will forget what you said.
People will forget what you did.
But people will never forget how you made them feel.?
? Maya Angelou

Celty August 25th, 2014

?We are all travelers in the wilderness of this world, and the best we can find in our travels is an honest friend?
? Robert Louis Stevenson

Celty August 25th, 2014

?No one can make you feel inferior without your consent?
? Eleanor Roosevelt

Celty August 25th, 2014

"The idea of one side suffering defeat while the other side triumphs is out of date. Instead we have to develop dialogue. We have to make an effort if we want a peaceful, more compassionate world. It requires education, based on patience, tolerance and forgiveness. Too often violence results from greed, so we also need contentment and self-discipline.​" _ His Holiness the Dalai Lama

Celty August 25th, 2014

My main interest is in the promotion of human values. From birth we have a sense of affection and some sense of concern for others. We need to nurture it. Scientists have found that to ensure even physical health peace of mind is essential. People often think that love and compassion are only matters of religious concern, but in fact such values are necessary in all human relations. _ His Holiness the Dalai Lama

Norah123 August 26th, 2014

"My life is full of unlimited possibilities"

Norah123 August 26th, 2014

'If there is no enemy within, the enemy outside can do us no arm" African proverb

Celty August 27th, 2014

?Empathy is about standing in someone else's shoes, feeling with his or her heart, seeing with his or her eyes.? - Daniel Pink

Celty August 27th, 2014

"Too many people feel invisible. ?No one else can play your part? is meant to tell people that they matter." TWLOHA

LauraG August 27th, 2014

?Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.?

LauraG August 27th, 2014

?Most great people have attained their greatest success one step beyond their greatest failure.?

LauraG August 27th, 2014

?Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.?

nina50 August 31st, 2014

Teardrops are the waterfall of the heart

Silentlistener97 September 4th, 2014

very true!:)

LauraG September 2nd, 2014

'When someone undermines your dreams, predicts your doom, or criticizesyou in any way, remember, they're telling you their story, not yours.'

ElizaEm September 2nd, 2014

?So, what if, instead of thinking about solving you whole life, you just think about adding additional good things. One at a time. Just let your pile of good things grow.?

―Rainbow Rowell,Attachments

Jaelin September 2nd, 2014

Even the Darkest night will end and the sun will Rise- Victor Hugo

Jaelin September 2nd, 2014

"Never be ashamed of a scar, it simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you"- Unknown

Yarrie September 2nd, 2014

?And still, after all this time, the Sun has never said to the Earth,
"You owe me."
Look what happens with love like that.
It lights up the sky.?

―Hafez

Celty September 4th, 2014

"Right from the moment of our birth, we are under the care and kindness of our parents. Later, when we are sick and old, we are again dependent on the kindness of others. Since we are so dependent on others at the beginning and end of our lives, how could it be that we would neglect kindness towards others in the middle?" his holiness the 14th Dalai Lama

Minyaa September 4th, 2014

"Pain is inevitable. Suffering is an option."

-- Haruki Murakami

DJones September 4th, 2014

The first step is you have to say that you can.

-Will Smith

kismet September 6th, 2014

Don't look back and think 'if only...' ; just look forward and say 'next time...'

Mints September 9th, 2014

ANTI versus PRO ? Two very different Approaches to Solve a Conflict or Issue

?I was once asked why I don't participate in anti-war demonstrations. I said that I will never do that, but as soon as you have a pro-peace rally, I'll be there.?

― Mother Teresa

Soulcry September 13th, 2014

From the shining sky of dreams

fallingrain of hope

Meeting earth of reality

A happy future is sowed

Noasu September 14th, 2014

Every man is a hero of his own story.