Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

Eugene OP March 27th, 2014

It is a beautifulquote. Thank you for sharing.

calielizabeth892 August 12th, 2014

So true

Silverling August 9th, 2015

This is so incredibly relevant to everyday life

Sandidegeer November 29th, 2022

I agree.....

planet13language September 20th, 2015

In love with this quote :)

safeandsoundta April 5th, 2016

@lellers Another great quote by Henry David Thoreau that remains a personal favorite: "Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined."

dan7 June 8th, 2016

@lellers Wow this is really inspiring. I've have been trying to find and force happiness in my life. I feel like that would make everything in my life right. I'm realizing that happiness comes naturally and cannot be forced.

lovingdxrkness February 12th, 2017

@lellers I really enjoyed that one. It reminds me of a video poem I've heard read before called 'happy' :)

Grapeppy July 10th, 2020

@lellers

awesome!

Eugene OP March 27th, 2014

You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don?t try. ?Beverly Sills

lilgothicemo April 26th, 2015

This is so true

Eugene OP March 29th, 2014

?If you don?t like something, change it. If you can?t change it, change your attitude.??Maya Angelou

exuberantSugar6771 July 29th, 2017

Slowly learning this one. Could.have used this as a reminder for this week at work. Thanks

Eugene OP March 30th, 2014

?Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan ?press on? has solved and will always solve the problems of the human race.??Calvin Coolidge

amethystfeather0207 January 19th, 2018

Press on!

Eugene OP March 31st, 2014

People often say that motivation doesn?t last. Well, neither does bathing. That?s why we recommend it daily. ?Zig Ziglar

A1exville November 11th, 2019

This one made me laugh. It's true

Eugene OP March 31st, 2014

Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can. ?Arthur Ashe

passionateChestnut16 January 15th, 2015

I'll have to keep this in mind next time I beat myself up for not having a "perfect" day. Thanks for sharing!

andy126 July 21st, 2015

I really really needed this today, thank you

Eugene OP April 2nd, 2014

When everything seems to be going against you, remember that the airplane takes off against the wind, not with it. ?Henry Ford

KaylaBella March 16th, 2015

?Sometimes our light goes out, but is blown again into instant flame by an encounter with another human being.?

--Albert Schweitzer
This helps me every time i feel down.

quietOak351 July 25th, 2015

What if that wind falls you down?

bewarethefreakchic April 2nd, 2014

"Pain and suffering is the key to open all windows." -Angelina Jolie.

I posted this quote on my wall right next to my bed. I read it sometimes when I'm feeling down.

SingingButterfly22 April 24th, 2019

@RainbowButterflyGirl123

Shouldn't it say Hold On?

Rhodiumx April 3rd, 2014

It is our choices that show what we truly are, far more than our abilities.

- J.K. Rowling

(original quote had a "Harry" in it though)

pricemb26 April 18th, 2014

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter. ?Martin Luther King Jr.

Kristey April 22nd, 2014

Those you matter don't mind and those that mind don't matter. - Dr Suess

BloomWhereYouArePlanted February 28th, 2016

@Kristey

Eugene OP April 24th, 2014

Life is like a camera. Just focus on what?s important, capture the good times, develop from the negatives, and if things don?t turn out ? take another shot. - Unknown

@

You?ve gotta dance like there?s nobody watching,Love like you?ll never be hurt,Sing like there?s nobody listening,And live like it?s heaven on earth. - William W. Purkey

karen38 April 24th, 2014

I've always loved that one.

Cocodrile15 December 6th, 2015

Thank you for sharing!

Basch09 January 1st, 2016

I like this quote. It's something I need to do more. Glad I came across it.

Basch09 January 1st, 2016

I like this quote. It's something I need to do more. Glad I came across it.

Rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life. -J.K. Rowling

@

Annalia April 24th, 2014

" I think an important part about being okay is knowing that sometimes you're not okay, or you don't feel okay, and acknowledging that is just part of being okay." -Sam Miller of Paradise Fears