Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

idc July 28th, 2014

Love who you wannalove, live how you wish to live and never let anyone stop your from turning your dreams into reality.

-Jared Leto

chayala224 July 29th, 2014

"An arrow can be shot only by pulling it backward, So when life is dragging you back with difficulties, it means that it's going to launch you into something great."

~Author Unknown~

"Believe in yourself and all that you are. Know that there is something inside you that is greater than any obstacle."

~Christian D. Larson~

jazzzzyy July 29th, 2014

"A lesson for all of us is that, or every loss, there is a victory, for every sadness, there is joy, and when you think you've lost everything, there is hope" -Geraldine Solon

LauraG July 30th, 2014

A bird sitting on a tree is never afraid of the branch breaking, because her trust is not on the branch, but on it's own wings. Always believe in yourself!yes

LauraG July 30th, 2014

Always believe that something wonderful is aboutto happen!

Mints July 30th, 2014

?Whatever you now find weird, ugly, uncomfortable and nasty about a new medium will surely become its signature. CD distortion, the jitteriness of digital video, the crap sound of 8-bit - all of these will be cherished and emulated as soon as they can be avoided. It?s the sound of failure: so much modern art is the sound of things going out of control, of a medium pushing to its limits and breaking apart. The distorted guitar sound is the sound of something too loud for the medium supposed to carry it. The blues singer with the cracked voice is the sound of an emotional cry too powerful for the throat that releases it. The excitement of grainy film, of bleached-out black and white, is the excitement of witnessing events too momentous for the medium assigned to record them.?

? Brian Eno,A Year With Swollen Appendices

slights July 30th, 2014

I really like this. We should all definitely embrace our imperfections.

tothesquare July 30th, 2014

"Do not store up treasure for yourselves on earth, where moth and decay destroy, and thieves break in and steal. But, store up treasure in heaven, where neither moth nor decay destroys, and thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there also will your heart be." Jesus Christ

Kamna July 30th, 2014

Everything you want is on the other side of fear.

JiddyMint2 July 30th, 2014

Please remember that no matter how alone or unwanted you feel, someone needs you, they want you happy, even if you haven't yet met that person.

LauraG July 31st, 2014

'Sometimes when things are falling apart, they may actually be falling into place.'

LauraG July 31st, 2014

'Beauty isn't about having a pretty face. It's about having a pretty mind, pretty heart and pretty soul.'

LauraG July 31st, 2014

'Good things come to those who believe, better things come to those who are patient and the best things come to those who don't give up!'

LauraG August 1st, 2014

I am not what I have done, I am what I have overcome.

LauraG August 1st, 2014

What defines us is how well we rise after falling.

LauraG August 1st, 2014

'Healing doesn't mean the damage never existed.It means the damage no longer controls our lives.'

LauraG August 2nd, 2014

?When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ?happy?. They told me I didn?t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn?t understand life.? - John Lennon

LauraG August 2nd, 2014

'Friendship is not about who you've known the longest. It's about who walked into your life, said "I'm here for you" and proved it.'

LauraG August 2nd, 2014

'Be kind, for everyone you meet is fighting a hard battle.'

Jenell August 3rd, 2014

"We cannot tell the precise moment when friendship is formed. As in filling a vessel drop by drop, there is at last a drop which makes it run over; so in a series of kindnesses there is at last one which makes the heart run over."

-James Boswell

Jenell August 3rd, 2014

I'm pretty sure I originally read this originally in Fahrenheit 451 by Ray Bradbury. It has always stuck with me.

LauraG August 3rd, 2014

?Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.?

LauraG August 3rd, 2014

?Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.?

LauraG August 3rd, 2014

?The best way to predict the future is to create it.?

LauraG August 4th, 2014

?The first step is you have to say that you can?

LauraG August 4th, 2014

?Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.?

LauraG August 4th, 2014

?If there is no struggle, there is no progress.?

LauraG August 5th, 2014

?Rise above the storm and you will find the sunshine.?

LauraG August 5th, 2014

?Life has no limitations, except the ones you make.?

LauraG August 5th, 2014

?Believe you can and you?re halfway there.?

Barush August 5th, 2014

"There's no way I am as bad as you told me I was." - John Grant

laramsilva August 5th, 2014

Storms make trees take deeper roots.

anna97 August 5th, 2014

?There is no magic cure, no making it all go away forever. There are only small steps upward; an easier day, an unexpected laugh, a mirror that doesn't matter anymore.?
― Laurie Halse Anderson, Wintergirls

LauraG August 6th, 2014

?The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.?

LauraG August 6th, 2014

?Happiness is not the absence of problems, it?s the ability to deal with them.?

LauraG August 6th, 2014

?Be believing, be happy, don?t get discouraged. Things will work out.?

LauraG August 7th, 2014

?It always seems impossible until it?s done.?

LauraG August 7th, 2014

?It?s always too early to quit.?

LauraG August 7th, 2014

?Do not wait to strike till the iron is hot; but make it hot by striking.?

LauraG August 9th, 2014

'Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn?t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.'