Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

LauraG August 9th, 2014

'The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don?t have any.'

BR November 18th, 2015

Forget regret or life is yours to miss.

-RENT

LauraG August 9th, 2014

'The mind is everything. What you think you become.'

LauraG August 10th, 2014

'I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.'

LauraG August 10th, 2014

'I?ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.'

LauraG August 10th, 2014

'Whatever you can do, or dream you can, begin it. Boldness has genius, power and magic in it.'

LauraG August 11th, 2014

'The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.'

LauraG August 11th, 2014

'Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined.'

LauraG August 11th, 2014

'When I stand before God at the end of my life, I would hope that I would not have a single bit of talent left and could say, I used everything you gave me.'

1000ReasonsToBeHappy August 11th, 2014

"Just because you think you're not worthy of happiness doesn't make it true."

- uh, me, I guess.

mikan August 12th, 2014

"Life is never wrong or right. It's just us and decisions fighting to stay upright..."

LauraG August 12th, 2014

'No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.'

-Robin Williams

LauraG August 12th, 2014

'You will have bad times, but they will always wake you up to the stuff you weren't paying attention to.'

-Robin Williams

LauraG August 12th, 2014

'You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.'

-Robin Williams

Violiness August 12th, 2014

My math teacher once said this to us, "Comfort zone is a beautiful place but nothing ever grows there."

gentlegiant August 12th, 2014

around here, we don't look backwards for very long, we keep moving forwards, opening up new doors and doing new things, because we're curious, and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.

Walt Disney

I love that quote

CharliRobin August 12th, 2014

"Life is like riding a bicycle; to keep your balance you must keep moving."

Friend told me this one, not sure who it's from! :)

LauraG August 13th, 2014

'Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.'

LauraG August 13th, 2014

'Happiness is not something readymade. It comes from your own actions.'

LauraG August 13th, 2014

'You can?t fall if you don?t climb. But there?s no joy in living your whole life on the ground.'

LauraG August 14th, 2014

'If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.'

LauraG August 14th, 2014

'What?s money? A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and goes to bed at night and in between does what he wants to do.'

LauraG August 14th, 2014

'In order to succeed, your desire for success should be greater than your fear of failure.'

TheWriter August 14th, 2014

"Sometimes our light goes out, but is blown again into instant flame by an encounter with another human being.?
―Albert Schweitzer

Lunalovelymoon August 14th, 2014

" These days everyone cares about yourlooks, No one actually takes time to care enough to look at your heart" - Lunalovelymoon

LauraG August 15th, 2014

'Happiness is not something readymade. It comes from your own actions.'

LauraG August 15th, 2014

'The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person who is doing it.'

LauraG August 15th, 2014

'Build your own dreams, or someone else will hire you to build theirs.'

Apple74 August 15th, 2014

" Before you start some work, always ask yourself three questions - Why am I doing it, What the results might be and Will I be successful. Only when you think deeply and find satisfactory answers to these questions, go ahead."

- Chanakya

HopeIsAlive August 15th, 2014

"The road to success has many potholes. You'll fall into some-and they're messy. Not only will you have to climb back out, you'll have to dust yourself off, refocus, recommit, and keep going."

LauraG August 16th, 2014

'It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.'

LauraG August 16th, 2014

'Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.'

LauraG August 16th, 2014

'You can?t use up creativity. The more you use, the more you have.'

LauraG August 17th, 2014

'It?s your place in the world; it?s your life. Go on and do all you can with it, and make it the life you want to live.'

LauraG August 17th, 2014

'You may be disappointed if you fail, but you are doomed if you don?t try.'

LauraG August 17th, 2014

'Life is what we make it, always has been, always will be.'

Sa12 August 17th, 2014

Fall down 7 times, stand up 8. Japanese proverb. Every saint has a past and every sinner has a future. Mark twain. And last but not least, someday your life will flash in front of you, make sure it worth watching.

Humnah August 17th, 2014

"People are like teabags- you never know how strong they are until you put them in hot water." :)

LauraG August 18th, 2014

'Doubt whom you will, but never yourself.'

LauraG August 18th, 2014

'I was always looking outside myself for strength and confidence, but it comes from within. It is there all of the time.'