Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

impartialTree3773 August 4th, 2015

Today you are you, that is truer than true, their is no alive who is youer than you.

-Dr. Sues

lostinthought2015 August 4th, 2015

It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves. – Edmund Hillary

IrishMatthew August 5th, 2015

"Love" is just a word but YOU bring it definition - Eminem

Tmb141311 August 5th, 2015

"Throw kindness around like confetti"

Kitkatt5289 August 5th, 2015

"Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise"

Tmb141311 August 5th, 2015

Oh and one of the best harry potter quotes "happiness can be found even in the darkest of times, if one only remembers to turn on the light"

Lyn992 August 5th, 2015

You are beautiful, and worth more than harming yourself.

TheHumanBeingBeforeYou August 6th, 2015

This may not be good but eh, it's true. "Love is like pie, it's good no matter how you slice it"~TheHumanBeingBeforeYou.

IrishMatthew August 6th, 2015

The only thing standing between you and your goal is the bullshit story you keep telling yourself as to why you can't achieve it.

Wjdan August 6th, 2015

Live a life you are proud of .

asdfghjklpink August 6th, 2015

"If you think you can't handle the upcoming darkness, remember the extraordinary strength in which the trees kiss their leaves farewell every fall."

doublerainbow August 6th, 2015

"Darkness cannot drive out darkness. Only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate. Only love can do that." -Martin Luther King

yellowTown August 6th, 2015

Peace is not an easy thing to find. It is to enjoy this moment, and then be able to let it go. How do you reward the man who needs nothing to be content? I live by these two!

BiancaCE124 August 6th, 2015

"Take a lover who looks at you like maybe you are magic". -F.K.

bowlofnoodles August 7th, 2015

No lies, just love. Even if you lose, you still get stronger everytime.

DEGRXSSI6 August 7th, 2015

"Love the person, not the gender."

thehoodlum August 7th, 2015

It's okay, little fighter, things will be brighter

Maddogginit August 7th, 2015

Learn to love yourself before someone else.

unbroken6275 August 7th, 2015

"Every time you lose you're only stumbling forward to win again" (source: Dexter Yager)

coffeeandadvice August 7th, 2015

"The race is not to the swift it is to those who keep on running."

"You are as happy as you make up your mind to be."

"Well begun is half done."

"The only way out is through."

ranewbery91 August 7th, 2015

I thought I'd share something, that could be of use to some of you who suffer with the same anxiety and depression that I also do. Something that someone said to me that made me rethink everything.
Life is such a precious gift, you get one shot at it, and that's your chance to make a difference to the world and the people in it. No matter what you're situation is, whether you are the most anxious, awkward, shy, self-conscious, unhappy person (or so you'd believe) no matter who you are you have made a difference to someone's life, even if you don't realise. The world would not be the same without you, I don't know if any of you have seen the film Sliding Doors? But to briefly explain, it's about two different outcomes that the lead character experiences, in both instances her life has gone in completely different directions, why? In the first instance she got the train home from work early, and came to discover her boyfriend was cheating on her, in the second she missed the train, and she never found out. And the rest. But one thing that you can't explain, something we take for granted in the world is for our ability to make someone else smile, to be of so much importance to someone that they truly couldn't live without you. Whether that's a partner, a mum, dad, grandparent, friend, or so on. You're presence makes impacts somebody else's life. I have been experiencing anxiety disorder for the last year, and have been battling with depression since I was 13 years old, there are many contributing factors I could think of to why this has happened to me, but focusing on the past, the negative, or what may happen in the future (anxiety and panic attacks) is a waste of time. Imagine you're 90 years old looking back at your life thinking about all the amazing things you have done ? No one causes your unhappiness because YOU have the power to choose your reaction, and ultimately your outcome. So start living. I read somewhere once "being an optimist or pessimist may not effect the outcome, it's just that the optimist has a better time in life"
Through my day to day life I have constant struggles, but I'm improving, it doesn't happen over night, but it happens. You control your mind, your mind doesn't control you, take back the control and make a difference to your life, and that black cloud, shadow, weight that's pulling yo down whatever you want to call it, will disappear. We all have good and bad days, and that's fine, but you're existence matters, and you're no more or less worthy of having a wonderful life than anyone else, you have the ability to do amazing, life changing things. Get rid of the negative thoughts, and everything else will fall into place. I promise.

ListenLady August 7th, 2015

As an anxiety sufferer my favourite saying is "FACE THE FEAR AND DO IT ANYWAY" I learned this from a CBT session and have carried it with me. Anxiety can stop you doing so much when it's bad so I always try to remember this. If there is something I want to do, I do it, anxiety or not!

sympatheticMap8403 August 8th, 2015

I suggest we learn to love ourselves before it's made illegal

Mirbles0632 August 8th, 2015

"Your only obligation in any lifetime is to be true to yourself"

Billsfan321 August 8th, 2015

At times our own light goes out and is rekindled by a spark from another person. Each of us has cause to think with deep gratitude of those who have lighted the flame within us.

— Albert Schweitzer

HiddenHugsAndSecretSmiles August 8th, 2015

this is for everyone who cuts or has ever even thought of cutting; please every time you want to cut, take a marker and draw on yourself. it could just be a simple circle on your wrist, or it could be a intricate pattern all the way up your leg. its your choice. i used to cut and this simple tip jas helped me so much.

presidentbouncecatAya August 8th, 2015

Admire someone else's beauty without questioning your own.

elliebels August 9th, 2015

"Not everyone can become a great artist but a great artist can come from anywhere"

presidentbouncecatAya August 9th, 2015

Amazing.

ILOVELIFEandMYSELF August 9th, 2015

Child, do not pity yourself For a dream That did not cone true: The only ones who deserve pity Are those Who have never Had dreams of their own. By some guy that is accient

LetTheWindBlow August 9th, 2015

Don't give up,for you have not failed until you fail to try

AutumnLeigh August 9th, 2015

"Nothing happens, if nothing happens."

AutumnLeigh August 9th, 2015

I got the above statement from someone on 'Intervention' who was trying to get off some of the most powerful and deadly drugs out there. What he meant by that passage is the REAL inspiration. What if all of us were given an 'Intervention' flight to a place by the desert or ocean and all the counseling we could wish for, for as long as we needed it to pick ourselves up and lead our own lives? None of the medications or therapy sessions are going to make a change in our lives unless we match the value of the therapy with our own insights and changes. Nothing happens until it happens....but when it DOES, it's more than inspirational. It's lifesaving.

marinadelrey August 10th, 2015

A smooth sea never made a skilled sailor.

coffeeandadvice August 10th, 2015

Smile.

Billsfan321 August 10th, 2015

If I can stop one heart from breaking,

I shall not live in vain.

If I can ease one life the aching,

Or cool one pain,

Or help one fainting robin.

Unto his nest again,

I shall not live in vain.

— Emily Dickinson

Lyn992 August 11th, 2015

If you think you have no friends and no one loves you, well then im your friend and i love you.

0ceanminded August 11th, 2015

nothing would be the same without you

cocoon August 11th, 2015

My current situation is not my final destination.

haitay22 August 11th, 2015

"The ship is safe in the harbour but that is not what ships are built for."