Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

Believenu August 29th, 2018

One of my favorite quotes is from a Chinese proverb and reminds us that even the most difficult and challenging things we might go through all must begin with a single step forward:

"A journey of a thousand miles must begin with a single step."

LucidBeing August 30th, 2018

"There is nothing more important than to feel good" - Abraham-Hicks

lovelyWhisper66 September 1st, 2018

Jonathan Archer from Star Trek Enterprise

Justmehello September 3rd, 2018

"Don't give up. Push through the droughts. Channel the inevitable disappointments back into the craft. Break molds. Think. Create. But most importantly: stay alive. And in the meantime, make it about others. That seems to work. Stay strong, live on, and power to the local dreamer." -Tyler Joseph

Laufeyson62 September 4th, 2018

happiness can be found even in the darkest of places if one only remembers to turn on the light - Dumbledore

Laufeyson62 September 4th, 2018

and here is another one...

just because something works, doesn't mean it can't be improved - Shuri

coconut333 September 5th, 2018

Even after all this time the Sun never says to the Earth, "You owe me". Look at what happens with a love like that. It lights up the whole sky.

RobertRobert September 6th, 2018

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴ƷThe world does not want to be saved. It wants to be
loved. That's how We can save itƸ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ

lovelyWhisper66 September 6th, 2018

"If you help someone, you help everyone" Aunt May from the new Spider-Man videogame

GrahamBarroneICHP September 7th, 2018

This ancient advice is never truer than when challenging those anxiety induced automatic negative thoughts.

What are those thoughts youre having about yourself are they true, are they necessary, and are they kind?

g

Want more personalized guidance? Check out my profile
awksolli September 7th, 2018

Ive come to the realization that I have absolutely no idea what Im doing half the time - David Bowie

This is somehow uplifting to me in a way. Someone as amazing as him also has those moments of what am i doing oh well

September 9th, 2018

September 9th, 2018

FHI September 9th, 2018

Do something today that your future self will thank you for. ♡

MissPen September 10th, 2018

TO COME HOME TO YOURSELF

May all that is unforgiven in you,

Be released.

May your fears yield

Their deepest tranquilities.

May all that is unlived in you,

Blossom into a future,

Graced with love.

John O'Donohue

BENEDICTUS (Europe) / TO BLESS THE SPACE BETWEEN US (US)

SnowSerenity September 11th, 2018

"One psychiatrist said that creativity is the successful resolution of an internal conflict. Theres something in that. For people in any form of art, there is a compulsion."

— Phyllis Dorothy James, quoted by Elizabeth Renzetti in Shrewed: A Wry and Closely Observed Look at the Lives of Women and Girls

lovelyWhisper66 September 12th, 2018

LittleTurtle77 September 12th, 2018

Image result for today you are you

EnjolrasPermitsIt September 14th, 2018

"You are a human Being, not a human Doing."

So important when I feel like I have to achieve things to validate my existence! heart

Storm48 September 14th, 2018

"Worry is a down payment on a problem you may never have."

sensibleLychee6742 September 14th, 2018

How can you expect anyone to believe in you, if you dont believe in yourself?

turquoiseN79 September 14th, 2018

"Never ever ever give up"

MtChopsticks September 14th, 2018

I used to think a problem shared was a problem doubled. But someone told me that when you share an apple, its halved.

a problem shared is a problem halved

brainybrainy September 14th, 2018

However bad life may seem, there is always something you can do and succeed at. Where there's life, there's hope.

― Stephen Hawking

AbbyHarris1976 September 14th, 2018

"If you're going to lose, lose with enthusiasm." -- former Edmonton Oilers coach and Detroit Red Wings goalie Ron Low

greenNorth1560 September 14th, 2018

"Not all who wander are lost"

Alonesometime September 14th, 2018

Take my advice. I'm not using it.

WinterWarror September 14th, 2018

I had discovered that learning something, no matter how complex, wasn't hard when I had a reason to want to know it. ---Homer Hickam

redLemon2497 September 14th, 2018

@WinterWarror

Love is patient and kind; love does not envy or boast; it is not arrogant or rude. It does not insist on its own way; it is not irritable or resentful;it does not rejoice at wrongdoing, but rejoices with the truth.Love bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things.

So now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; but the greatest of these is love.

Corinthians 13 4:14
AmalieAnne September 14th, 2018

"So why study history? Unlike physics or economics, history is not a means for making accurate predictions. We study history not to know the future but to widen our horizons, to understand that our present situation is neither natural nor inevitable, to understand that we consequently have many more possibilities before us then we imagine."

Yuval Noah Harari (2011)

prattleclack September 15th, 2018

@AmalieAnne

And because those who dont study history are doomed to repeat it. Which is a quote from Santayana or Edmund Burke depending on who you ask.

AmalieAnne September 19th, 2018

@prattleclack I think they both said it but in different ways but both meant the same. smiley

PocketAngel September 14th, 2018

and then I remember... It's in my blood.

joyfulnoise25 September 15th, 2018

live to be happy, and be happy to live ~~ Joey Kidney

Tyshawn102 September 15th, 2018

@joyfulnoise25 I love this quote

littlexl September 15th, 2018

It's not a question of can or can't. There are some things in life you just do.

Kenzie28 September 15th, 2018

"Come on step it up!" - Sonic the Hedgehog

"Humans are amazing and are capable of so much!" - Me inspired by the Doctor (from Doctor Who)

redTiger8575 September 15th, 2018

"If you are uncomfortable, you are growing"

Jinxygirl2015 September 15th, 2018

Be patient with yourself. Not everything in nature blooms all year.

prattleclack September 15th, 2018