Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

heavenDew42 July 16th, 2018

May not be the best but Im far from the worst

MikeyK July 18th, 2018

When you're down, depressed or feeling hopeless, remember that we find ourselves in our struggles and forge identities through our efforts.

ScottFantucchioLMHC July 18th, 2018

Forgive the length of this quote, but I feel that this whole speech in necessary to convey the message behind it. I find this to be an inspiring way to re-frame some of the negative things that happen in life:

How do I deal with setbacks, failures, delays, defeats, or other disasters? I actually have a fairly simple way of dealing with these situations, summed up in one word: 'Good.'

This is something that one of my direct subordinates, one of the guys who worked for me, a guy who became one of my best friends pointed out.

He would pull me aside with some major problem or issue that was going on, and hed say, 'Boss, weve got this thing, this situation, and its going terribly wrong.'

I would look at him and say, 'Good.'

And finally, one day, he was telling me about something that was going off the rails, and as soon as he finished explaining it to me, he said, 'I already know what youre going to say.'

And I asked, 'What am I going to say?'

And he said, 'Youre going to say: ‘Good. '

He continued, 'Thats what you always say. When Something is wrong or going bad, you just look at me and say, ‘Good. '

And I said, 'Well. I mean it. Because that is how I operate.'

So I explained to him that when things are going bad, theres going to be some good that will come from it.

Oh, the mission got canceled? Good… We can focus on another one.
Didnt get the new high-speed gear we wanted? Good… We can keep it simple.
Didnt get promoted? Good… More time to get better.
Didnt get funded? Good… We own more of the company.
Didnt get the job you wanted? Good… Go out, gain more experience, and build a better resume.
Got injured? Good… Needed a break from training.
Got tapped out? Good… Its better to tap out in training than tap out on the street.
Got beat? Good… We learned.
Unexpected problems? Good… We have to figure out a solution.

Thats it. When things are going bad: Dont get all bummed out, dont get frustrated. No. Just look at the issue and say: 'Good.' "

-JOCKO WILLINK

GrahamBarroneICHP July 19th, 2018

Each day the first day: Each day a life.

Dag Hammarskjold

Well said Dag. Fitting words for a humanitarian economist statesman.

All we ever have is right now. Despite all of our broken promises, dysfuntional behaviours and failed routines Dag tells us that its ok. Begin again the next day. Its the moment we stop beginning again that we can lose ourselves to the past or hide in fear of the future. Every breath: New life.

g

Want more personalized guidance? Check out my profile
Chicuno September 9th, 2018

@GrahamBarroneICHP

Good stuff. Thanks for sharing all of it.

ThereseAlice July 19th, 2018

JenniferPattersonLMFT July 20th, 2018

First I looked for a happy Friday image, and then I remembered that not everyone feels that way.
Then I thought about an uplifting quote, but that didn't feel genuine to me today.
So I thought puppies and kittens, that covers most of the bases for everyone!
Enjoy this nugget of interspecies love, and remember to take care of yourselves.

heart

#onesimplesmallstep #selfcompassion #puppiesandkittens

JenniferPattersonLMFT July 20th, 2018

HERE IS THE PUPPY AND IT'S KITTEN.

beehappy132 July 21st, 2018

Your now is not your forever

starsabove7303 July 21st, 2018

Don't get stuck in the moment.

innercircle July 23rd, 2018

Your value does not decrease just because somebody fails to see it.

GrahamBarroneICHP July 23rd, 2018

I cannot stand the words ‘Get over it. All of us are under such pressure to put our problems in the past tense. Slow down. Dont allow others to hurry your healing. It is a process. One that may take years, occasionally, even a lifetime – and that OK.

Beau Taplin

Couldnt agree more with this sentiment. We are too quick to overcome for fear of letting others down, embarrassing ourselves, looking foolish, week or out of control. The relationship with our self is the one that will always be there. It is the most important one to have. Cultivating that sense of child like curiosity about who and how we are is at risk of being ‘adulted away by fear resulting in more pain and sadness. Do what needs to be done and find those that will support you in that.

g

dapperKiwi3773 July 25th, 2018

Life is always 50/50 or Yes and No, with creative thinking you can always change the outcome.

8Moonlight July 26th, 2018

You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection
– Buddha

Until you value yourself, you wont value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.
– M. Scott Peck

A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.
– Mark Twain

jessica0512 July 27th, 2018
jessica0512 July 27th, 2018

@jessica0512 Typo in 2nd Quote: Out not Our

GrahamBarroneICHP July 27th, 2018

And sometimes I have kept my feelings to myself, because I could find no language to describe them in.

Jane Austen

And isnt this often the way. We keep silent our thoughts and feelings not wanting to cause fuss or concern. Ashamed of weakness or afraid of the consequences we say nothing, suffering in silence.

It takes courage to heal. Reach out, say those first few words and feel the burden lift.

g

Sayeshan July 29th, 2018

"𝔻 𝕟 𝕥 𝕘 𝕘𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕝𝕖 𝕚𝕟𝕥

𝕥𝕙𝕒𝕥 𝕘 𝕕 𝕟𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥,

ℝ𝕒𝕘𝕖, 𝕣𝕒𝕘𝕖 𝕒𝕘𝕒𝕚𝕟𝕤𝕥 𝕥𝕙𝕖

𝕕𝕪𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕗 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕝𝕚𝕘𝕙𝕥"

-𝔻𝕪𝕝𝕒𝕟 𝕋𝕙 𝕞𝕒𝕤

cuddlyMagic92 July 29th, 2018

"Right is right even if no one else does it." Juliette Gordon Low.

lovelyWhisper66 July 30th, 2018

Totheskyandbeyond March 19th, 2019

@lovelyWhisper66 Yoda ruuulzz

IIAlexeyII July 31st, 2018

"Don't limit your challenges.

Challenge your limits."

-no idea who xD

SunnyMaya August 1st, 2018

"We all change, when you think about it. We

Mazelgrace August 3rd, 2018

If you have courage to release your destiny then whole universe will conspire to help you. ~ Alchemist

Some infinities are bigger than other infinities. ~ Tfios

Forever is composed of nows.~ Paper towns

8Moonlight August 7th, 2018

1. Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no ones definition of your life, but define yourself.
– Harvey Fierstein
2. Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.
– Lucille Ball

8Moonlight August 8th, 2018

Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.
– Eleanor Roosevelt

lovelyWhisper66 August 9th, 2018

JenniferPattersonLMFT August 9th, 2018

I don't know about you, but this was what I needed to look at this morning.

#fuelingup #selfcare #motivation

Kessie92 August 9th, 2018

"Why die tomorrow knowing I could have had a piece of cake today?"

- Gabriel Iglesias

Kessie92 August 9th, 2018

"Not everything that counts can be counted, and not everything that can be counted counts."

- Albert Einstein

bob59404 August 11th, 2018

Mind over matter. If you don't mind - it doesn't matter!

Jazzy2020 November 23rd, 2018

@bob59404

Everything that we entertained in our mind are not all good or helps us feel good.

Our mind is the most powerful parts of our body. It can make us feel good and bad.

We can spend our entire life entertaining thoughts that cannot help us. Then wake up someday

Realizing that we have spent our entire life thinking for nothing.

beehappy123 August 13th, 2018

YOUR NOW IS NOT YOUR FOREVER

thats a quote that has got me through so much. Whenever things get difficult thats what I think.

If youre going through a difficult time at the moment, I want you to know you are not alone. Theres a whole community here waiting to help you as soon as you say the word. Things will get better. And well be here to support you every step of the way :) <3

EliwasanIsland August 16th, 2018

I will love myself despite the ease with which I lean towards the opposite

- Shane Koyzcan

Jaeteuk August 19th, 2018

I watch a lot of Korean Dramas, and I've written down all meaningful sayings from them. Here is a few of my favorites:

"Tears aren't a signal of pain, but a signal of healing, and because tears are needed to wash away pain and longing." - God's Quiz 4, Ep. 1

"Love from the weakest and the poorest person is the biggest love, enough to protect and embrace everybody." - same as previous, Ep. 4

"If misfortune doesn't come by itself, then we'll not face the misfortune alone." - Hyde, Jekyll, and I, Ep. 8

"What I need now is the courage to look squarely at my wounds." - same as previous, Ep. 9

"If you want to escape life's darkest tunnel, try to love somebody, because great fortune may be awaiting for you." - Triangle, last episode

8Moonlight August 20th, 2018

If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.
– Fred Rogers

Rileigh7474 August 20th, 2018

My favorite quote would be: Its kind of fun to do the impossible - Walt Disney

faithfulPlum6286 August 22nd, 2018

knowyourtrueself August 29th, 2018

lovelyWhisper66 August 29th, 2018