Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Uplifting quotes & Inspiring Thoughts

Eugene March 22nd, 2014

I hope you can help me add uplifting and inspiring quotes here.

Hope is important because it can make the present moment less difficult to bear. If we believe that tomorrow will be better, we can bear a hardship today.
― Thích Nhất Hạnh, Peace Is Every Step: The Path of Mindfulness in Everyday Life

FH:54

Axyl698 May 9th, 2018

"Life is like riding a bicycle: To keep your balance, you must keep moving."

~Albert Einstein

"My brain has no heart. My heart has no brain. That's why when I speak my mind, I seem heartless and when I do what's in my heart, I seem thoughtless."

~Unknown

creativePenguin5165 May 9th, 2018

The thing I realize is, that it's not what you take, it's what you leave.

soulsings May 9th, 2018

Joseph Campbell mythologist

"Follow your bliss."

amiableIceCream87 May 9th, 2018

The future belongs to those who believe in the beauty of their dreams. - E. Roosevelt

Maurialeman May 9th, 2018

Worrying is like a rocky chair. It will give you something to do but it won't take you anywhere.

EditedByDesign May 9th, 2018

Every hard thing seems impossible till you do it.

-David Bryan

Firefly3246 May 9th, 2018

"On particularly rough days when I'm sure I can't possibly endure, I like to remind myself that my track record for getting through bad days so far is 100 percent, and that's pretty good."

SilverSong1 May 9th, 2018

"Even the darkest night will end and the sun will rise / The sun will rise and we will try again" - Victor Hugo / Tyler Joseph

"No one else is dealing with your demons/meaning maybe defeating them will be the beginning of your meaning friend." - Tyler Joseph

"If you have the courage to fail, you have the courage to succeed." -Shalane Flanagan

"The pain that you've been feeling cannot compare to the joy that is coming" -Romans 8:18

Azurentz May 9th, 2018

"I wish you'd listen closer to the songs I play, because the lyrics speak the words I fail to say."

spacylacy May 9th, 2018

@Azurentz

I like that one. Awesome.

S2unflower May 9th, 2018

You're only here for a short visit.

Don't hurry, don't worry.

And be sure to smell the flowers along the way.

- Walter Hagen

pandaLoverIrika2727 May 9th, 2018

Constant is the only change

calmArrow24 May 9th, 2018

WarmUnicorns422 May 9th, 2018

"The greatest success comes from the freedom to fail"

"Progress is what brings true happiness"

gentleRainbow34 May 9th, 2018

You can

oaktownchick May 9th, 2018

You know who your true friends are when you hit rock bottom.

Falalin May 9th, 2018

"I am not a stop along the way, I am a destination." - Blair Waldorf

May 9th, 2018

1. Sometimes you are not that much.. important for a specific person in your life that you think you are.....

2. No one cares ( especially ppl who meet us online )

Reececup1986 May 9th, 2018

I love this quote:

Solve argments with a dance-off

By: Dove (Candy)

Lostwolf5804 May 9th, 2018

"What is better? To be born good or to overcome your evil nature through great effort" - Paarthurnax

Lolowise475 May 9th, 2018

...I breathed easier having known him/her... Walt Whitman

Imperfect84 May 9th, 2018

" You are always one decision away from a different life"

It doesn't always feel that way, but this quote I feel gives hope.

eyebrows0009 May 9th, 2018

the sad thing is that i actually thought you were different

CharlieWJ May 9th, 2018

"Fall down seven times, get up eight."

"What would you attempt to do if you knew you could not fail?"

"Your current situation is not your final destination."

Player2 May 9th, 2018

"I don't do drugs, I am drugs." -Salvador Dahli

PermanentlyBroken May 9th, 2018

In order to stand up, you gotta know what falling down is like

Heavenmeadows May 9th, 2018

A rollercoaster

dynamicBranch4991 May 9th, 2018

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done!

funnyNickel4177 May 9th, 2018

Mistakes shape us into who we are meant to be. If we didnt make mistakes, how would we truly learn anything? Its hard to believe that when its us making the mistake we can see that there is a reason for everything; but there is. heart

sillyseraph002 May 9th, 2018

you are not required to set yourself on fire to keep others warm

paradoxy May 9th, 2018

@sillyseraph002

I have never heard that one but I love it!

spacylacy May 9th, 2018

Truth is often stranger than fiction. Big things come in small packages.

AmyBeeneLPC May 9th, 2018

"Enjoy the small things... because it may turn out they were the big things all along"

crimsonOcean5349 May 9th, 2018

Happiness is the consequence of personal effort. You fight for it, strive for it, insist upon it, and sometimes even travel around the world looking for it. (and sometimes I find it in the backyard looking at the sky). You have to participate relentlessly in the manifestations of your own blessings. And once you have achieved a state of happiness, you must never become lax about maintaining it. You must make a mighty effort to keep swimming upward into that happiness forever, to stay afloat on top of it. -Elizabeth Gilbert.

ambitiousWriter9575 May 9th, 2018

"I have not failed, I just found 1000 ways that won't work"

-Thomas Edison

paradoxy May 9th, 2018

It's none of my business what you think of me.

EllieJays May 9th, 2018

Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall. — Confucius

flowermermaid26 May 9th, 2018

JRR Tolkien has been credited the most for this quote but some also say that it's not his? But one quote I always look back to is
"Not all those who wander are lost"

<3

AnotherIrishman May 9th, 2018

My favorite quote of love is from the movie The Mexican when is enough enough when is it time to quit the answer is is never when it comes to matter of the heart never quit never never give up