Community /

Mindfulness Center

Create a New Thread
Gif Photo Link
Mindfulness Automated Taglist
by tommy
Last post
Sunday
...See more Welcome to the Mindfulness Taglist This thread is an auto-updating list. The list is regularly updated by forum leaders and can be found below. Having issues? Reply below and someone will help you! Why should I join the taglist?  ✔ Never miss out on sub-community check-ins, discussions or events ✔ Get tagged and notified by community leaders whenever a new relevant thread has been posted ✔ Become a more active member of the community. What do I need to do? ✅ To add yourself to this taglist, press the Post to Thread button below and write the exact words Please add me. ❌ To remove yourself from this taglist, press the Post to Thread button below and write the exact words Please remove me. ------------------------- Current taglist as of May 23, 2024 @4551SP @adventurousBranch3786 @alexandralee @AllAboutThePeace11 @amiablePeace77 @avistaco @CaringSub @CatHanderOutNoah @cloudySummer @communicativeJet616 @daydreammemories @EchoOrAsh @etherealize @Falcon05 @FloraBelle @frankPark1546 @hardworkingBeechwood6063 @healingsoul4892 @iloveyouxx @infiniteforever12 @InsightfulPhoenix @JarofSeeds627 @Kickan75 @kindRiver6 @Littlejoy11 @nessapressure05 @NotAllHere713 @onwardforevenmore @pamharley003 @PeacefulBeach3454 @peacefulDovex @PopPunkPrincess17 @Rainboho @rebeccastgo @sky2Ocean20 @Snowy00 @spongbobishappy @Swordpsalm @tallZebra8032 @warmMemory6263 @yellowPineapple3652 @yzzil @Zeraphim
Support discussions
by amiablePeace77
Last post
Wednesday
...See more Hello everyone, we hope you’re all doing okay 💙 Today, we would like to give you an update on discussions taking place in the 50+ and mindfulness community. At the moment we are in the process of working on discussion templates and also creating new ones for discussions in future. Soulsings [http://www.7cups.com/@soulsings], adventurousBranch3786 [http://www.7cups.com/@adventurousBranch8786]and me, amiablePeace77 [http://www.7cups.com/amiablePeace77]  want to offer you the best options possible and for this we need your help. Please submit possible discussion topics in this thread, example Dealing with feelings of loneliness. Kindly let us know as well what discussion times fit you best. Kindly also give us feedback on the how the discussions have been going and what you would like to see changed. We kindly ask you to use constructive criticism and avoid being critical and we can work on it.  We appreciate your help 🙏 www.7cups.com/@soulsings [http://www.7cups.com/@soulsings]amiablePeace77 [http://amiablepeace77]adventurousBranch3786 [http://www.7cups.com/@adventurousBranch8786]
Mindfulness Session Schedule updated 8-18-20 (same every week unless noted)
by soulsings
Last post
March 6th, 2023
...See more Continuous Repeating Mindfulness Session Schedule 2020 repeats every week Can't make a session? Check out our Video Resource Library http://tinyurl.com/y9kf3xgx Monday 3:30PM - 4:30PM EDT soulsings co hosting with amiablePeace77 18+ Tuesday Wednesday Thursday sessions 5:00PM-6:00PM EDT soulsings co hosting with amiablePeae77 18+ Friday 10-11pm ET Teen Mindfulness Discussion RumpleSteeleskin Saturday Sunday to add or remove your name, please submit this short form http://goo.gl/NQxyyb [http://goo.gl/NQxyyb] @303315 @awesomerainbow @adocker @adventurousfan @Ady23 @amicableBlackberry1972 @AutumnLeigh @amiablePeace77 @AMusicalSilence @astray @AnActiveListener @AjanMalic @aifos1976 @asilentobserver @alfalfasproutdeux @ambitiouschestnut9158 @ambitiouscity3124 @Asimov @badoinkitydoop @basty @blueocean @BillyWilson @babybenfin @behindhazeleyes @beloved316 @BetterTogether101 @billywilson @blindfaith @BlueberryFriend @BlueMossWeaver27 @blueocean45 @borderinline @brainybrainy @BridgetAileen @brilliantTurtle89 @BuddhistDracula @blueDiamond @brendenjensen @brilliomturtle89 @bluewolf1229 @benevolentOrange31 @bk20102kb @butterflycat @busyemptymind @callforhelp @calmHero86 @CaringBrit @Catlover1993 @Char1otte @Claito @cloudySummer @Zayb4you14 @compassionatelistener108 @cookeybear @courageousCake401 @CrissiArabela @courtmarievibes @Cyanapricot8399 @cyanWater7627 @DanaMH @diplomaticShade2167 @Deeperblue @diplomaticconfucious @discreetOwl14 @elmira73 @enigmaforte @EnigmaForte @emilyLanes @EmOnTheGo @EmunahHere @equanimousCosmos @ErRoach @Evaparker02 @essdee Fairhouse @FreeSoul1417@fighter23 @frozenmermaid @Gaara @gentlePeace76 @ghofrane @GhostInTheShellx @gongoozlersoup19 @Gozzil @gracefuldeadlyswan @happydandan @happylove2611 @helpfulHuman4993 @helpfulBranch221 @Harleemoon @hopefulnatural @houserabbitsrule @HeckhoundBreaker5 @helpfullBranch221 @Hereyzzil @hopeless104 @IcyLight @InvisibleAngel92 @Itsybitsyspider91 @inventiveOrange1 @JayTheBird14 @joyoussun45 @JustMarije @JZack45 @keion @kindsoul10 @kirtokun0731@kevan @klemen @knowledge57 @Kodachrome73 @Joe2017 @JustLikeMellie @Jenna0903 @joyoussun47 @JenSee @justconfuses87 @Kanzi @KatMae @KokoroHereForYou @KrinkTheMellowUnicorn @kvo8 @KattPiper @Kumiko @ladibugca @LG22 @Lionellinu13 @lia345 @Learntolive @LilaGrace @Lifeislove123 @lightforlife @lilynoelle @LilyLila @lightofhope89 @Lovejoy @leothelittlelioncub1 @longing4peace @maibock @Mango3 @marsmoon @melliontm @melliotm @Mellietronx @Mikey123 @MistyMagic @motivationalhomegirl @Musicismyfriend @NancySV1 @natg @NevaehRose @niceTangerine6642 @NoDramaBabyLlama @NotQuiteBlue @nourrirvotreame @obie2 @onedirection1213 @onwardforevenmore @oxfordshiregatsby @passionateCircle3866 @peacefulwarrior10 @penguinpower31 @peppermintlove @philispohicalShip9444 @PiecesofYou @Pininin @PinkDaisy83 @PinkMallow @pinkpurpleblue15 @Pinnae @pizzalover1341 @politeAvocado7234 @politelychaotic @princessofcurcus @probius @psalm139 @PurpleSnowflake2310 @politeskies6536 @PurpleNina @rachelq @raspberry985 @Raspberrybeach @rationaltiger8083 @Ravenclaw7 @Reokiome0928 @rezasophiea @RoninSelecta @rosesway @Rcusick12 @rumplesteeleskin @RynnTheBedouin @Sageypie @Saif1for1Resilience @sail46 @SaimaK @Samar27 @Santysan @SarilinaN @ScarletPear1945 @ScotchTape @seacastle @sendingyoulove @SensitiveApple @sensitiveShade5337 @ShiningSalamander99 @silverIceCream21 @silverWillow1625 @singblue @Sk1ttles @SkolSuper1976 @sleeplessinmanhattan @Softforesthsp77 @soulrestorer102 @soulsings @Spearstar @stillLavender24 @stillplanet @starhawkemystery @sujaypai @SunFern @summertimesamness @SunFlower @supportingearthangel @sweetmango91 @sweetMelody95 @ThePersonYouCanNeverKnow @TheRoseHeartz @TheSciKid @tisjme @TrinnitysLight81 @24x7Awesome @Understandinggirl1990 @unkindloving @uselesscookies @Vargasb @victoriia @wildcat85 @Wawas @westvirginia @wizeakre @XxOgSpunBbygrl @yzzil @zeraphim6PM EDT TEEN MINDFULNESS nada and Rose cohosting
Happy Music Therapy
by Positron2
Last post
April 25th
...See more My best Doctor approved tool for being mindful to relieve my depression is my... Happy Music Playlist I have been adding to my playlist for years. If any random song makes me Happy, I add it to the list. * Does the song bring back a memory? * Do the lyrics tell a story that I can relate to? * Does this song give me hope? * Does this song make me so angry I want to scream out the lyrics? * Does it makes me laugh? * Does it makes me cry? * Why is this song bringing up these emotions in me? I have collected over 500 songs, but over the past few days I have been editing out my personal choices, to make a more therapeutic Happy Music Playlist to share with everybody. I don't suggest that you adopt my Happy Music... I suggest that you create a playlist of the music that makes You Happy. Use my playlist as a template for your playlist, listen to it and delete all of my songs you don't like. Then add all of the music that makes you Happy to your personal Happy Music Playlist. Please share your Happy Songs with me so I can add your joy to my list. Any time I'm a little sad I put on my Happy Music and it never fails to cheer me up. https://open.spotify.com/playlist/6cT50ITuiyVPCL5I2fruO9?si=910b25c012584cba
Mindfulness DBT Skill Observe-2
by RumpleSteeleSkin
Last post
September 11th, 2023
...See more Hi everyone-I hope you are all doing well Now I'd like to "piggyback" off of the last thread you read and just OBSERVE. Nothing else. As that is what the skill Observe means. To just observe. So I thought today we take a walk at the beach and just observe things around us, things we feel and think....and do nothing ok everyone come and join me on a walk at the beach just observing... On a warm and bright summer afternoon, you decide to take a walk on your favorite beach by yourself. The path leading to the ocean is surrounded by wild golden bushes. Everything along the path smells of sea and sun. Butterflies are flapping their wings above the goosefoot and the pollen stirred by the butterflies is visible in the afternoon sunshine. A salty ocean breeze is gently caressing your face. The late afternoon sun is warming your skin and is gilding the whole area with a spectacular hue of gold. The vast and endless blue sky is decorated with a few floating white clouds. You can hear the rustling of leaves of tall palm trees not far from the shores. In the distance seagulls are gliding over the blue ocean. Their cries often reach your ears. Together with waves from the ocean, it forms a tranquilizing orchestra. Arriving at the beach, you are pleased by the pure white and soft sand, as you have always been. The beach extends on both sides endlessly. A few beautiful shells like gems in the sand are sparking in the sunshine. You decide to take off your shoes and walk barefooted. The grains of warm sand massage your bare feet. The sound of the waves washing up against the shore is peaceful and tranquilizing. You keep walking along the shore. Once in a while, you bend down and pick up a few shining seashells. Each wave breaks against the coast, rising slowly upward along the beach, leaving an area of white foam. Slowly the wave retreats back out to sea, only to be replaced by another wave that washes up against the shore…working its way up the beach…then slowly retreating back out to sea. With each motion of the wave as it glides in and then out, you find yourself feeling more and more relaxed. The tranquility creates a sense of calmness and peace. You forget about time. You dont know how much time has passed. You realize that the sun is lower and lower on the horizon. The sky is turning brilliant colors of red…orange…yellow…while the sun sets, sinking down…down into the horizon. You feel very relaxed and soothed. You continue to watch the sun as it descends. The tranquilizing sound of the waves, the smell and taste of the sea and seaweed, the cries of the seagulls, the warmth of sunshine against your body—all of these sigts,sounds, and smells leave you feeling very calm, refreshed, and relaxed. So, how was the walk on the beach? Did you manage to just observe and not judge anything about your walk? Did you find things distracting or hard? Please share here on your thoughts @awesomerainbow @adocker @adventurousfan @Ady23 @amicableBlackberry1972 @AutumnLeigh @amiablePeace77 @AMusicalSilence @astray @AnActiveListener @AjanMalic @aifos1976 @agreeablekite4304 @asilentobserver @alfalfasproutdeux @ambitiouschestnut9158 @ambitiouscity3124 @basty @blueocean @BillyWilson @babybenfin @behindhazeleyes @beloved316 @BetterTogether101 @billywilson @blindfaith @BlueberryFriend @BlueMossWeaver27 @blueocean45 @borderinline @brainybrainy @BridgetAileen @brilliantTurtle89 @BuddhistDracula @blueDiamond @brilliomturtle89 @bluewolf1229 @benevolentOrange31 @bk20102kb @butterflycat @callforhelp @Char1otte @cloudySummer @Zayb4you14 @compassionatelistener108 @CrissiArabela @Claito @calmHero86 @courtmarievibes @Cyanapricot8399 @cyanWater7627 @diplomaticShade2167 @Deeperblue @discreetOwl14 @eeveeon @elmira73 @enigmaforte @EnigmaForte @emilyLanes @EmOnTheGo @EmunahHere @equanimousCosmos@Evaparker02 @essdee Fairhouse @FreeSoul1417@fighter23 @Gaara @GhostInTheShellx @gongoozlersoup19 @Gozzil @happydandan @helpfulHuman4993 @Harleemoon @HeckhoundBreaker5 @Hereyzzil @hopeless104 @IcyLight @InvisibleAngel92 @Itsybitsyspider91 @inventiveOrange1 @JayTheBird14 @joyoussun45 @JustMarije @KenMachine @kindsoul10 @kirtokun0731@kevan @klemen @knowledge57 @Kodachrome73 Joe2017 @JustLikeMellie @Jenna0903 @joyoussun47 @JenSee @Kanzi @KatMae @KokoroHereForYou @KrinkTheMellowUnicorn @kvo8 @KattPiper @Lionellinu13 @lia345 @Learntolive @LilaGrace @lightforlife @lilynoelle @LilyLila @lightofhope89 @Lovejoy @leothelittlelioncub1 @longing4peace @maibock @marsmoon @melliontm @Mellietronx @Mikey123 @Musicismyfriend @NoDramaBabyLlama @nourrirvotreame @obie2 @oxfordshiregatsby @passionateCircle3866 @passionatepeyton @peacefulwarrior10 @penguinpower31 @peppermintlove @phoenixAsh @PiecesofYou @Pininin @PinkMallow @pizzalover1341 @politeAvocado7234 @politelychaotic @princessofcurcus @probius @psalm139 @PurpleSnowflake2310 @Power @politeskies6536 @PurpleNina @rachelq @Ravenclaw7 @Reokiome0928 @RoninSelecta @rosesway @Rcusick12 @rumplesteeleskin @RynnTheBedouin @sailorelix @Saif1for1Resilience @Saltydog68 @ Samar27 @Santysan @SarilinaN @ScarletPear1945 @SensitiveApple @sensitiveShade5337 @ShiningSalamander99 @silverIceCream21 @silverWillow1625 @singblue @Sk1ttles @SkolSuper1976 @smileyPower @SofieSof @Softforesthsp77 @soulrestorer102 @soulsings @Spearstar @stillLavender24 @sujaypai @SunFern @summertimesamness @SunFlower @supportingearthangel @sweetmango91 @sweetMelody95 @ThePersonYouCanNeverKnow @TheRoseHeartz @TheSciKid @tjb28 @tisjme @TrinnitysLight81 @24x7Awesome @TwirlGirl90 @Understandinggirl1990 @victoriia @wildcat85 @Wawas @westvirginia @wizeakre @XxOgSpunBbygrl @yzzil @zeraphim To add or remove your name, please submit this short form http://goo.gl/NQxyyb [http://goo.gl/NQxyyb]
Practice Teflon Mind!!
by ASilentObserver
Last post
August 8th, 2023
...See more Today I would like to talk about Teflon Mind. A skill under DBT. What is Teflon Mind? Teflon is part of the "Observe" skill. It is helpful to prevent defensive and judgmental reactions and responses and emotional disturbances. When you use Teflon Mind skill, you- ✔ Notice happenings around you and not make an immediate reaction to it. ✔ Alllow your mind to process your thoughts, emotions and sensory experiences in a clear way. ✔ Allow yourself to pay attention on present moment and experience and not let past interrupt the present ✔ Identify the thoughts and emotions inside you in a better and quick way. ✔ Not reacting to the situation in a hurry and respond to the emotional experience in a constructive way. Teflon Mind can be a very effective skill to help you practice mindfulness. As Teflon is part of Observe skill of DBT, it focuses primarily on observation and how you respond to i @303315 @adocker @adrjust1 @adventurousfan @Ady23 @amarifey @amicableBlackberry1972 @amiablePeace77 @AMusicalSilence @astray @AnActiveListener @AjanMalic @aifos1976 @asilentobserver @alfalfasproutdeux @ambitiouschestnut9158 @ambitiouscity3124 @artisaweapon @Asimov @badoinkitydoop @basty @blueocean @BillyWilson @babybenfin @bear228 @behindhazeleyes @beloved316 @BetterTogether101 @billywilson @blindfaith @BlueberryFriend @BlueMossWeaver27 @blueocean45 @borderinline @bouncySeal96 @brainybrainy @BridgetAileen @brilliantTurtle89 @BuddhistDracula @blueDiamond @brendenjensen @brilliomturtle89 @bluewolf1229 @benevolentOrange31 @bk20102kb @bottomofthelist @brightChestnut4066 @BrooklynM @busyemptymind @callforhelp @calmHero86 @caramelbunny @Catlover1993 @Char1otte @chayton @Chocolateandcakes @Claito @cloudySummer @compassionatelistener108 @cookeybear @courageousCake401 @CrissiArabela @courtmarievibes @CrismsonLime6525 @Cutelittlepie1 @Cyanapricot8399 @cyanWater7627 @DanaMH @deepblueCoconut000 @diplomaticShade2167 @Deeperblue @delightfulUnicorn38 @diplomaticconfucious @discreetSquare2053 @discreetOwl14 @elmira73 @enigmaforte @EnigmaForte @emilyLanes @EmOnTheGo @EmunahHere @epitium @equanimousCosmos @ErRoach @essdee @Evaparker02 @evie @Fairhouse @FreeSoul1417@fighter23 @fristo @frozenmermaid @gentlePeace76 @ghofrane @GhostInTheShellx @goldentown96 @gongoozlersoup19 @Gozzil @gracefuldeadlyswan @happydandan @happylove2611 @helpfulHuman4993 @helpfulBranch221 @Harleemoon @honestplane3797 @hopefulnatural @houserabbitsrule @HeckhoundBreaker5 @helpfullBranch221 @Hereyzzil @hopeless104 @humorouscamp915 @IcyLight @interactivec @InvisibleAngel92 @Itsybitsyspider91 @inventiveOrange1 @JayTheBird14 @Jonsi @joyoussun45 @JustMarije @JZack45 @keion @kindsoul10 @kirtokun0731@kevan @klemen @knowledge57 @Kodachrome73 @Joe2017 @Julian2703 @JustLikeMellie @JasmineWhite @Jenna0903 @joyoussun47 @JenSee @justconfuses87 @Kanzi @KatMae @KokoroHereForYou @kvo8 @KattPiper @Kumiko @ladibugca @LG22 @Lionellinu13 @lia345 @Learntolive @letspreadhappiness @LetsSpreadHappiness @LilaGrace @Lifeislove123 @lightforlife @lilynoelle @LilyLila @lightofhope89 @Lovejoy @leothelittlelioncub1 @longing4peace @maibock @marsmoon @melliontm @melliotm @Mellietronx @MISSMEGHAN @MistyMagic @mitch11 @motivationalhomegirl @Musicismyfriend @NancySV1 @nans17 @natg @navyFarm1407 @NevaehRose @niceLion789 @niceTangerine6642 @NoDramaBabyLlama @NotQuiteBlue @nourrirvotreame @obie2 @onwardforevenmore @oxfordshiregatsby @P4ND0R4 @pamharley003 @passionateCircle3866 @peacefulwarrior10 @penguinpower31 @peppermintlove @philispohicalShip9444 @piscesmoon @PiecesofYou @Pininin @PinkDaisy83 @PinkMallow @pinkpurpleblue15 @Pinnae @pizzalover1341 @politeAvocado7234 @politecare2971 @politelychaotic @princessofcurcus @probius @psalm139 @PurpleSnowflake2310 @politeskies6536 @PurpleNina @rachelq @Raindrops00 @raspberry985 @Raspberrybeach @raspberryLemon7321 @rationaltiger8083 @Ravenclaw7 @reliableWater8763 @Reokiome0928 @rezasophiea @RoninSelecta @rosesway @Rcusick12 @rumplesteeleskin @RynnTheBedouin @Sageypie @Saif1for1Resilience @sail46 @SaimaK @Samar27 @Santysan @SarilinaN @ScarletPear1945 @ScotchTape @seacastle @sealie @sendingyoulove @SensitiveApple @sensitiveShade5337 @SentientCozyTeacup @ShiningSalamander99 @Shriya546 @Shweta555 @shy @silverIceCream21 @silverWillow1625 @singblue @Sk1ttles @SkolSuper1976 @sleeplessinmanhattan @Softforesthsp77 @softPoetry23 @SonderandWonder @soulrestorer102 @soulsings @Spearstar @stillLavender24 @stillplanet @starhawkemystery @sujaypai @SunFern @summertimesamness @SunFlower @supportingearthangel @sweetmango91 @sweetMelody95 @sweetrosa1987 @ThePersonYouCanNeverKnow @TheRoseHeartz @TheSciKid @Tiggergirl @tisjme @TrinnitysLight81 @tygo @24x7Awesome @Understandinggirl1990 @unkindloving @uselesscookies @Vargasb @VickyP @victoriia @wildcat85 @Wawas @westvirginia @XxOgSpunBbygrl @yzzil @zeraphim
Iris Plants Her Roots Into Grounding
by CommunityModIris
Last post
April 5th, 2023
...See more As some may already know, I am very fond of grounding exercises. Here on 7 Cups when you say the words grounding exercise many will immediately think of the 5 senses or ‘5-4-3-2-1’ grounding method. Today I want to give a bit more information and options when it comes to grounding. What is Grounding? Grounding is a self-soothing technique that helps you refocus on being present in the moment using a variety of exercises to direct your focus to something other than anxious thoughts and feelings you may be experiencing. Grounding exercises can be used to cultivate distance from upsetting or distressing emotions, and can be particularly useful when you are experiencing anxiety, stress, depression, PTSD, dissociation, but are also good for improving your overall well-being and mood. Types of Grounding Techniques and Exercises There are lots of different grounding exercises available, there are three categories of grounding exercises I will touch on quickly, physical grounding, mental grounding, and soothing, or what I like to think of as emotional grounding. Physical grounding exercises focus on being aware of your senses and body. Many of the most well-known grounding exercises fall into this category and include things like the five senses grounding, breathing exercises, or even taking a walk or exercising. Mental grounding exercises instead use mental distractions to draw your thoughts and feelings away from the distressing ones. Some popular mental grounding exercises include solving a bunch of simple math problems, counting by threes (or any number that requires focus so I don’t recommend twos, fives, or tens), alphabetically listing as many objects of a category (for example colors, animals, etc) as you can, or even reciting a favorite poem or passage. Soothing grounding exercises are ones where you try to comfort yourself, they often seek to promote good feelings to help balance against the distressing ones, may help them fade, and can help you feel less overwhelmed. A few soothing grounding exercises include listening to music (put on a favorite song and listen to it like it’s that first time again, hear the words, and the melody, and focus on the emotions you feel when listening), spending time with a pet, picture a loved one, make a list of favorites or positives, and practicing self-kindness. You may find one type of grounding exercise works best for you, but each type has its benefits. Tips and Things to Remember * Start sooner, grounding exercises work best when we use them early. Don’t wait to be overwhelmed before you consider using them, if you start to feel upset you can immediately start to work on grounding as well. * Slow down, grounding exercises take time. While we often want to rush through and feel better faster, grounding exercises often require that we slow down, really focus and give them our attention. * Grounding exercises don’t always make you feel better. Grounding exercises can help us refocus and feel better, but sometimes they just help us to cope and not feel worse instead, which is still beneficial. * Grounding exercises require practice. Like any skill, self-soothing with grounding exercises is something we can practice and get better at, learning not only what types work for us, but seeing the early signs when we should start using them, and understanding what makes them effective for us. * Not every grounding exercise will work for everyone or in every situation. Exploring different types and methods can help you find the ones that work best for you, but remember that when trying a new method it may take time to feel any benefit. * You don’t have to pick just one. You may find that looking at some of the examples I’ve given you already often use more than one type of grounding exercise at the same time, although I wouldn’t try to do 5 senses grounding while also counting by threes. * Grounding is something you can do by yourself or with others. It can be good to learn to use grounding exercises on our own, but having support and encouragement when trying a grounding exercise can help us to stick with it. Looking for more ideas or information?: https://www.healthline.com/health/grounding-techniques#when-to-use https://www.verywellmind.com/grounding-techniques-for-ptsd-2797300 https://www.psychologytoday.com/ca/blog/click-here-for-happiness/202208/what-are-grounding-techniques Now I want to hear from you! * What are some grounding exercises you have tried? * What is your favorite grounding exercise, if any? * What do you find helps when you are trying a grounding exercise? Please feel free to share your thoughts and experiences, including what has and hasn’t worked for you!
What Is DBT And How Is It Related To Mindfulness?
by RumpleSteeleSkin
Last post
November 28th, 2022
...See more (online research) Mindfulness is almost the structure of Dialectical Behavior Therapy DBT treatment for pervasive emotion regulation problems. Every DBT skill begins with mindfulness meditation. Every skill depends on mindfulness. Often when trying to understand when something went wrong during your day or when something went right, mindfulness is implicated. What Is Mindfulness? Mindfulness is simply being present. This means paying attention to what is happening right now. Without judgment. Without overthinking. Without invalidating your experience. Mindfulness is just being willing to show up to the present moment. It is acceptance of the present moment. What Is DBT? Dialectical Behavior Therapy (DBT) is a cognitive behavioral treatment developed by Marsha Lenihan. It skills was formed to help people learn and use new skills and strategies to develop a life that they experience as worth living. DBT skills include skills for mindfulness, emotion regulation, distress tolerance, and interpersonal effectiveness. DBT was created to treat chronically suicidal individuals diagnosed with borderline personality disorder (BPD). It is now recognized as the gold standard psychological treatment for this population. Research has shown that it is effective in treating a wide range of other disorders such as substance dependence, depression, post-traumatic stress disorder (PTSD), and eating disorders and many more. How Does Mindfulness Fit With DBT? DBT is skill based program that targets emotion dysregulation. Often people get emotionally dysregulated by seemingly insignificant or trivial events, not because of the events themselves, but by the judgments people have about the events. For example, you may have a job that you are reasonable happy in. Lets say its working at a clothing store. You like clothes, and you like interacting with people, so it seems like a good fit. What you dont like however, is folding clothes. You find it boring. Now, you may only have to fold clothes for about 30 minutes of a six-hour shift, which is really just a small portion of the job. You may find that as you fold clothes, your mind starts to make all kinds of negative judgments about folding clothes. This is terrible. What a waste of time. This is stupid. This job is awful. Rather than spending the time focusing on folding the clothes, your mind is busy telling all kinds of disturbing stories about this task, and will likely trigger emotions such as anger, resentment, even despair. Whats worse, these emotions have a way of coloring the rest of your day. Now instead of tolerating 30 minutes of an unpleasant chore, you spend the whole day in a foul mood, judging all aspects of your job negatively, feeling worse every minute. Because being in a bad mood for most of the day, more days than not, is very unpleasant, you start having judgments about your mood, thinking, I cant take this anymore. So what started out as a relatively insignificant thing has caused a lot of suffering. A mindful approach to this dilemma would be to approach the unpleasant task in the spirit of acceptance, willing to engage in it without engaging in a lot of judgments about it. The moment you notice a judgment, your turn your mind to folding the clothes, aware of the sensation of the fabric against your fingertips. Noticing the movement of your arms. Describing the smell of the new fabric as it reaches your nose in waves. By fully engaging in the task, repeatedly turning the mind to it, there is little room for negative attributions. You may now even find it to be a calming, soothing activity. This is one way mindfulness can help avert an emotional downward spiral. Another good point is mindfulness can help with emotional dysregulation by way of helping to relinquish the struggle with painful emotions. One of the reasons people develop emotion dysregulation is because they try to squash or control their emotional responses to things. Trying to control an emotion is kind of like trying to grab tightly onto jello. The more you try, the more of a mess it makes. With emotions, the more we try to control them, the more intense they become, and the longer they persist. Unfortunately, due to an environment plagued by invalidation from others, there is pressure from the outside to control the emotions, leading to more intense emotions, leading to more invalidation, etc. This tends to become a self-perpetuating feedback loop. I'd like to know from the community what you think of DBT and adding it to Mindfulness. Please share your thoughts, questions and ideas here @awesomerainbow @adocker @adventurousfan @Ady23 @AutumnLeigh @amiablePeace77 @AMusicalSilence @astray @AnActiveListener @AjanMalic @adaptiveLight27 @aifos1976 @agreeablekite4304 @asilentobserver @alfalfasproutdeux @ambitiouschestnut9158 @ambitiouscity3124 @basty @blueocean @BillyWilson @babybenfin @behindhazeleyes @billywilson @BlueberryFriend @blueocean45 @borderinline @BuddhistDracula @blueDiamond @brilliomturtle89 @bluewolf1229 @benevolentOrange31 @callforhelp @char1otte @CrissiArabela @Claito @calmHero86 @courtmarievibes @compassion4you14 @DarkCoffee @diplomaticShade2167 @Deeperblue @enigmaforte @EnigmaForte @emilyLanes @EmunahHere @EastAfrique @Evaparker02 @essdee Fairhouse @FreeSoul1417@fighter23 @Gaara @GhostInTheShellx @Gozzil @happydandan @helpfulHuman4993 @helping2findaway @Harleemoon @Hereyzzil @hopeless104 @InvisibleAngel92 @Itsybitsyspider91 @inventiveOrange1 @joyoussun45 @kindsoul10 @kristenPLPCCRC @kirtokun0731@kevan @Kodachrome73 Joe2017 @JustLikeMellie @Jenna0903 @joyoussun47 @JenSee @KatMae @KrinkTheMellowUnicorn @kvo8 @KattPiper @Lionellinu13 @lia345 @Learntolive @LilaGrace @lightforlife @lilynoelle @LilyLila @lightofhope89 @Lovejoy @leothelittlelioncub1 @melliotm @Mikey123 @Musicismyfriend @NoDramaBabyLlama @nourrirvotreame @obie2 @oxfordshiregatsby @passionatepeyton @Pat @penguinpower31 @peppermintlove @PiecesofYou @pureriver55 @Pininin @PinkMallow @pizzalover1341 @politeAvocado7234 @politelychaotic @princessofcurcus @probius @psalm139 @PurpleSnowflake2310 @politeskies6536 @rachelq @resilience @rumplesteeleskin @rosesway @Rcusick12 @sailorelix @saif1for1 @Saltydog68 @ Samar27 @santysan @sensitiveShade5337 @silverWillow1625 @singblue @smileyPower @Softforesthsp77 @soulrestorer102 @soulsings @Spearstar @sujaypai @SunFern @SunFlower @sweetmango91 @summertimesamness @stillLavender24 @tazcares @tjb28 @tisjme @unicornbunny @victoriia @wildcat85 @Wawas @XxOgSpunBbygrl @yogibear10 @yzxil @zeraphim
Mindfulness and DBT: Skill Distress Tolerance
by RumpleSteeleSkin
Last post
February 22nd, 2022
...See more Distress Tolerance skills are used to help us cope and survive during a crisis, and helps us tolerate short term or long term pain (physical or emotional). Tolerating distress includes a mindfulness of breath and mindful awareness of situations and ourselves. Radical Acceptance. All of us have crisis in our lives to some degree. Sometimes these crises are big, like a divorce, a death, trauma related things and our mental health. Sometimes these crises are small, like traffic, a long line at check out, or not knowing what to wear that day. Mindfulness DBT distress tolerance skills help you get to a more manageable emotional place for crisis survival. A key ingredient of distress tolerance is the concept of radical acceptance. This refers to experiencing the situation and accepting the reality of it when it is something that you cannot change. By practicing radical acceptance without being judgmental or trying to fight reality, You will be less vulnerable to intense and prolonged negative feelings. Mindfulness DBT distress tolerance acronym ACCEPTS is a group of skills to help you tolerate a negative emotion until you are able to address and eventually resolve the situation.ACCEPTS stands for Activities, Contributing, Comparisons, Emotions, Push away, Thoughts, and Sensation. These techniques are designed to keep your emotions manageable until you can resolve the problem. ACTIVITIES Engage in an activity, and this can be just about any healthy activity. Read a book, make strawberry jam, go for a walk, call your friend, wash the dishes. Anything that keeps you busy and keeps your mind off the negative emotion will help. CONTRIBUTING Do something kind for another person. Giving service can help you relieve emotional distress in a couple ways. An act of service is also an activity that, as mentioned above, will help get your mind off of the problem at hand. Additionally, we feel good about ourselves when we help someone else, and that in itself can help you deal with stress. Help cook dinner, mow the neighbor's lawn, or bake cookies for a friend or relative. Each of these contributing ideas will distract you from your current situation. COMPARISONS Put your life in perspective. Is there a time when you've faced more difficult challenges than you're facing today? Maybe not—maybe this is the most intense situation and most intense emotion you've ever experienced. If that's the case, is there another person who has suffered more than you? Are you in your safe home, while in another part of the world someone else is searching for food and shelter after a natural disaster? The goal of this exercise is not to add more distress and emotional pain to your current situation. Instead, use this skill to add a different perspective to what youre experiencing right now. EMOTIONS You have the power to invoke the opposite emotion of your current distressed feeling. If you are feeling anxious, practice meditation for 15 minutes. If you're feeling depressed, go ahead and Google Image search "adorable puppies". (If you're in need of a real laugh, search "ugly puppies".) Adding a dose of the opposite emotion helps reduce the intensity of the negative emotion. PUSH AWAY When you cant deal with something just yet, its okay to push the problem out of your mind temporarily. You can push away by distracting yourself with other activities, thoughts, or mindfulness. You can even set a time to come back to the issue. You know that it will be addressed, and you can relax in the interim. THOUGHTS Replace negative, anxious thoughts with activities that busy your mind, such as saying the alphabet backwards or doing a Sudoku puzzle. These distractions can help you avoid self-destructive behavior until you're able to achieve emotion regulation. SENSATION Use your five senses to self-soothe during times of distress. A self-soothing behavior could be taking a warm bath with a lavender bath bomb and relaxing music, eating a comforting snack, or watching your favorite show. Anything that appeals to your senses can help you cope with the present situation. 1. I know this is alot to take in, and we are not going to move fast on this. What are your thoughts so far on what you read? 2. How do you think Mindfulness DBT Skills can help you in your daily life? 3. What are some things about this skill you like to know more about? To add or remove your name, please submit this short form http://goo.gl/NQxyyb [http://goo.gl/NQxyyb] @awesomerainbow @adocker @adventurousfan @Ady23 @amicableBlackberry1972 @AutumnLeigh @amiablePeace77 @AMusicalSilence @astray @AnActiveListener @AjanMalic @aifos1976 @agreeablekite4304 @asilentobserver @alfalfasproutdeux @ambitiouschestnut9158 @ambitiouscity3124 @basty @blueocean @BillyWilson @babybenfin @behindhazeleyes @beloved316 @BetterTogether101 @billywilson @blindfaith @BlueberryFriend @BlueMossWeaver27 @blueocean45 @borderinline @brainybrainy @BridgetAileen @brilliantTurtle89 @BuddhistDracula @blueDiamond @brilliomturtle89 @bluewolf1229 @benevolentOrange31 @bk20102kb @butterflycat @callforhelp @Char1otte @cloudySummer @Zayb4you14 @compassionatelistener108 @CrissiArabela @Claito @calmHero86 @courtmarievibes @Cyanapricot8399 @cyanWater7627 @diplomaticShade2167 @Deeperblue @discreetOwl14 @eeveeon @elmira73 @enigmaforte @EnigmaForte @emilyLanes @EmOnTheGo @EmunahHere @equanimousCosmos@Evaparker02 @essdee Fairhouse @FreeSoul1417@fighter23 @Gaara @GhostInTheShellx @gongoozlersoup19 @Gozzil @happydandan @helpfulHuman4993 @Harleemoon @HeckhoundBreaker5 @Hereyzzil @hopeless104 @IcyLight @InvisibleAngel92 @Itsybitsyspider91 @inventiveOrange1 @JayTheBird14 @joyoussun45 @JustMarije @KenMachine @kindsoul10 @kirtokun0731@kevan @klemen @knowledge57 @Kodachrome73 Joe2017 @JustLikeMellie @Jenna0903 @joyoussun47 @JenSee @Kanzi @KatMae @KokoroHereForYou @KrinkTheMellowUnicorn @kvo8 @KattPiper @Lionellinu13 @lia345 @Learntolive @LilaGrace @lightforlife @lilynoelle @LilyLila @lightofhope89 @Lovejoy @leothelittlelioncub1 @longing4peace @maibock @marsmoon @melliontm @Mellietronx @Mikey123 @Musicismyfriend @NoDramaBabyLlama @nourrirvotreame @obie2 @oxfordshiregatsby @passionateCircle3866 @passionatepeyton @peacefulwarrior10 @penguinpower31 @peppermintlove @phoenixAsh @PiecesofYou @Pininin @PinkMallow @pizzalover1341 @politeAvocado7234 @politelychaotic @princessofcurcus @probius @psalm139 @PurpleSnowflake2310 @Power @politeskies6536 @PurpleNina @rachelq @Ravenclaw7 @Reokiome0928 @RoninSelecta @rosesway @Rcusick12 @rumplesteeleskin @RynnTheBedouin @sailorelix @Saif1for1Resilience @Saltydog68 @ Samar27 @Santysan @SarilinaN @ScarletPear1945 @SensitiveApple @sensitiveShade5337 @ShiningSalamander99 @silverIceCream21 @silverWillow1625 @singblue @Sk1ttles @SkolSuper1976 @smileyPower @SofieSof @Softforesthsp77 @soulrestorer102 @soulsings @Spearstar @stillLavender24 @sujaypai @SunFern @summertimesamness @SunFlower @supportingearthangel @sweetmango91 @sweetMelody95 @ThePersonYouCanNeverKnow @TheRoseHeartz @TheSciKid @tjb28 @tisjme @TrinnitysLight81 @24x7Awesome @TwirlGirl90 @Understandinggirl1990 @victoriia @wildcat85 @Wawas @westvirginia @wizeakre @XxOgSpunBbygrl @yzzil @zeraphim
Take a Minute: Mindful Multitasking
by pamharley003
Last post
February 3rd, 2022
...See more Meditation practice improves your ability to manage work, organize tasks and focus in stressful situations https://www.bphope.com/take-a-minute/
Grounding Techniques: The 5 Senses
by BriTheSelflessFriend171
Last post
February 4th, 2021
...See more Hello, loves! Grounding techniques are extremely important! This is especially so when you are having a panic attack, anxiety attack, or PTSD related flashbacks. These techniques bring you back to reality to help you think more clearly and rationally! The one I will be telling you all about today is to connect to your 5 senses, one at a time! 💕 To start, you will name 5 things you can see. This will help your brain to better comprehend what is around you and what is not! Then, you will name 4 things you can feel. This keeps you mindful of your body and your direct surroundings. Next, you will name 3 things you can hear. This helps you to focus in on what’s happening in your direct surroundings rather then what’s playing in your mind. After this, you name 2 things you can smell. This helps to start tying all of your physical feeling together. And finally, one thing you can taste. One you go through the full exercise, you are much more mindfully aware of what is directly around you! This helps you to realize a genuine truth rather then the rouse your mind may have created! It could also help to do some mindful deep breaths before and after to also assist in calming yourself. It’s as simple as deeply breathing in, holding for 3 seconds, then slowly breathing out. Please reply and let me know any quick grounding techniques you use!! I can’t wait to hear from you 💕. You are loved, and you are valid ❤️
How does connecting to the nature promotes grounding?
by HealingSinthia
Last post
October 3rd, 2019
...See more Conmecting to the nature and spending most of the time embracing natural beauty helps in grounding by absorbing all of the negativity out of you. Nature is considered to be at the highest state of consciousness and has the property of giving peace, bliss, love, calmness and serenity. For best results, practice mindful walk in the natural parks, spend time by the lakes and oceans. Tune in to the chirping of birds, sounds of animals, embracing the flora and fauna. 💖 Tagging some people that might be interested: @soulsings @power14 @rumplesteeleskin @amiablepeace77 @justexistentialthings @mieracurie @glue @kurdistan @alishahere @babytulip29 @lilyblossom21 @energeticsail342 @olivestrawberries142 @fristo @M10 @ridearainbow @change19 @rahul89ag
Mindfulness And DBT Skill- Describe
by RumpleSteeleSkin
Last post
February 20th, 2018
...See more Observing is a skill that practices mindfulness, just being in the moment and observing without judging or putting a value on something. Describing is an experience that you dislike, like maybe washing dishes, and just noticing everything about it without focusing on your feelings. This is a way to stay in the present and to be mindful about what is going on. The next skill in the group of "what" mindfulness skills is Describing. You take an experience such as washing the dishes and say to yourself statements about what you observe. "The water is gray. The soap feels slippery in my hands. The dish is hot." This describing skill also helps us to stay in the present. At times, when I was very distressed and there was no one to talk to, I would describe aloud the things I could feel and see to keep myself in the present. We can also use the describing skill to apply verbal labels to feelings. "I feel disappointed about missing the party. I feel happy to see my friend. I feel sad." Being able to verbally describe events such as washing the dishes and feelings like disappointment is necessary both so that we can communicate our thoughts and feelings to others and so that we can manage our feelings. We need to learn not to take our thoughts and emotions literally, as fact. For example, feeling afraid does not necessarily mean that something is threatening or dangerous to us. Our fear may come from some past experience, or from something that has some connection to the current situation, or from confusion about the event that triggers our fears. Having a feeling or a thought about something does not mean that that thought or feeling is fact. Thinking "No one likes me" or "I am unlovable" does not mean that these statements are true. They are just thoughts, or just feelings.Practice describing the events around you and putting your feelings into words will help you to figure out whether your thoughts and feelings actually fit the situation. You may have an upcoming exam. You may feel anxious and nervous. You may think, "I am going to fail this exam." Describe those feelings Do you have physical symptoms - sweaty hands, butterflies in your stomach? Describe your thoughts/ What are you thinking about this exam? Are these thoughts connected with the exam? Are your feelings actually connected with the outcome of the exam? (Remember that you don't know the outcome yet. Describing those thoughts and feelings helps us to see how the thoughts and feelings are actually separate from the actual exam. As Marsha Linehan says, "Thoughts are just thoughts, feelings are just feelings." This doesn't mean that the thoughts and feelings aren't real. They ARE real. They are just not the event or the situation itself. They do not necessarily explain or predict events in our lives. Discussion: A) Today pick one experience that you have - cooking a meal, going for a walk, walking your dog, watching a TV show. Observe the experience, without judging or evaluating it. B) Describe what you are doing or seeing, . What do you see, hear, touch? C) Do you feel something. Give words to your feelings. Keep them free of judgments or evaluations. Can you see that your thoughts and feelings about the experience are separate from the experience itself. Tagging lovely mates!! To add or remove your name, please submit this short form http://goo.gl/NQxyyb [http://goo.gl/NQxyyb] @1AlwaysThere1 @303315 @awesomerainbow @adocker @adventurousfan @Ady23 @amicableBlackberry1972 @AutumnLeigh @amiablePeace77 @AMusicalSilence @astray @AnActiveListener @AjanMalic @aifos1976 @agreeablekite4304 @asilentobserver @alfalfasproutdeux @ambitiouschestnut9158 @ambitiouscity3124 @badoinkitydoop @basty @blueocean @BillyWilson @babybenfin @behindhazeleyes @beloved316 @BetterTogether101 @billywilson @blindfaith @BlueberryFriend @BlueMossWeaver27 @blueocean45 @borderinline @brainybrainy @BridgetAileen @brilliantTurtle89 @BuddhistDracula @blueDiamond @brilliomturtle89 @bluewolf1229 @benevolentOrange31 @bk20102kb @butterflycat @busyemptymind @callforhelp @Catlover1993 @Char1otte @cloudySummer @Zayb4you14 @compassionatelistener108 @CrissiArabela @Claito @calmHero86 @courtmarievibes @Cyanapricot8399 @cyanWater7627 @DanaMH @diplomaticShade2167 @Deeperblue @diplomaticconfucious @discreetOwl14 @elmira73 @enigmaforte @EnigmaForte @emilyLanes @EmOnTheGo @EmunahHere @equanimousCosmos @ErRoach @Evaparker02 @essdee Fairhouse @FreeSoul1417@fighter23 @frozenmermaid @Gaara @ghofrane @GhostInTheShellx @gongoozlersoup19 @Gozzil @happydandan @helpfulHuman4993 @helpfulBranch221 @Harleemoon @houserabbitsrule @HeckhoundBreaker5 @helpfullBranch221 @Hereyzzil @hopeless104 @IcyLight @InvisibleAngel92 @Itsybitsyspider91 @inventiveOrange1 @JayTheBird14 @joyoussun45 @JustMarije @keion @kindsoul10 @kirtokun0731@kevan @klemen @knowledge57 @Kodachrome73 @Jakeeee Joe2017 @JustLikeMellie @Jenna0903 @joyoussun47 @JenSee @Kanzi @KatMae @KokoroHereForYou @KrinkTheMellowUnicorn @kvo8 @KattPiper @Lionellinu13 @lia345 @Learntolive @LilaGrace @lightforlife @lilynoelle @LilyLila @lightofhope89 @Lovejoy @leothelittlelioncub1 @longing4peace @maibock @marsmoon @melliontm @melliotm @Mellietronx @Mikey123 @MistyMagic @motivationalhomegirl @Musicismyfriend @natg @niceTangerine6642 @NoDramaBabyLlama @nourrirvotreame @obie2 @onedirection1213 @onwardforevenmore @oxfordshiregatsby @passionateCircle3866 @peacefulwarrior10 @penguinpower31 @peppermintlove @PiecesofYou @Pininin @PinkDaisy83 @PinkMallow @pinkpurpleblue15 @Pinnae @pizzalover1341 @politeAvocado7234 @politelychaotic @princessofcurcus @probius @psalm139 @PurpleSnowflake2310 @politeskies6536 @PurpleNina @rachelq @raspberry985 @Ravenclaw7 @Reokiome0928 @RoninSelecta @rosesway @Rcusick12 @rumplesteeleskin @RynnTheBedouin @sailorelix @Saif1for1Resilience @SaimaK @Saltydog68 @ Samar27 @Santysan @SarilinaN @ScarletPear1945 @ScotchTape @seacastle @sendingyoulove @SensitiveApple @sensitiveShade5337 @ShiningSalamander99 @silverIceCream21 @silverWillow1625 @singblue @Sk1ttles @SkolSuper1976 @Softforesthsp77 @soulrestorer102 @soulsings @Spearstar @stillLavender24 @stillplanet @starhawkemystery @sujaypai @SunFern @summertimesamness @SunFlower @supportingearthangel @sweetmango91 @sweetMelody95 @ThePersonYouCanNeverKnow @TheRoseHeartz @TheSciKid @tjb28 @tisjme @TrinnitysLight81 @24x7Awesome @Understandinggirl1990 @uselesscookies @victoriia @wildcat85 @Wawas @westvirginia @wizeakre @XxOgSpunBbygrl @yzzil @zeraphim
Mindfulness and DBT: Skill Distress Tolerance 2
by RumpleSteeleSkin
Last post
February 10th, 2018
...See more Hi everyone Our last DBT Skills post [https://www.7cups.com/forum/MindfulnessSupportCommunity_106/MindfulnessAndThePracticesOnDBT_1455/MindfulnessandDBTSkillDistressTolerance_113908/] brushed up on what was Distress Tolerance and a few skills. This thread we are going to continue on this-but a bit easier as this skill is hard to let your mind evolve around it So we all can name distress in our lives, let's see some *Our jobs -how people treat us, alot or not enough hours, boss being to hard on you,maybe bullying happening *Home Life- Parents naggin, kids/spouses argue or ignore, bils/rent late, neighbor issues *Mental health- we can be dealing with depression, triggers,medicine changes/add ons *Social life- we maybe spending alot of time with many friends-to many, or we may not have no friends *Animals- those cost money, get sick, make messes *YOU TIME- were does this come in with busy life? I'm sure there are plenty more distressors around our daily lives I didn't mention. How we feel and react to these situations counts the most and impact us more. Learning some Distress Tolerance Skills are very helpful in life-honest. Why? As shared in the other thread DBT skills are used when we feel intense,or in crisis, our emotions need some regulation, helps with short/long term pain as well. Lets see some very easy skills here that maybe 1 might catch your eye and try it, or you might already being doing some DISTRESS TOLERANCE. Using Crisis Survival: Distraction with Wise Mind Accepts When in intense distress it is then crisis mode. Wise mind is needed to gain stability in ourselves. When we are in Wise Mind we then can think more clearly, our emotions are lowered and we will not do things that put us in danger Using Self Soothe with five senses: Self Soothing is a great skill to use when in crisis. This allows us to pay attention to our 5 senses touch,taste,hearing,smell and seeing. Visualization is a skill used many times to keep us focused to hear and now. Maybe a certain smell calms you, listening to certain music is the same.Touch maybe you don't like someone touching you, but love that comfortable blanket wrapped around you. Using Improve the moment This skill you have the power to choose "HOW" to improve the here and now for you. Maybe going to a dark closet with a blanket helps, maybe going for a run helps ease the feelings, watching a funny cartoon helps the flashbacks to stop. This one to me is more of doing what works for me. Using Pros and Cons. Guidelines for Accepting Reality Pros and Cons sometimes are really good to do when you find yourself in crisis mode and gonna do something not so positive. In your head state all the reasons its a good thing to do, then do the same for the Cons/negative. This can be challenging but also very helpful for many. Accepting Reality also is like the pros and cons skill. As this takes some self talking and going by the facts in your life. Ok everyone I hope this was a bit easier on Distress Tolerance. Are there some things you do to calm yourself out of crisis? Are there some things you like to learn more on to help yourself? To add or remove your name, please submit this short form http://goo.gl/NQxyyb [http://goo.gl/NQxyyb] @303315 @awesomerainbow @adocker @adventurousfan @Ady23 @amicableBlackberry1972 @AutumnLeigh @amiablePeace77 @AMusicalSilence @astray @AnActiveListener @AjanMalic @aifos1976 @agreeablekite4304 @asilentobserver @alfalfasproutdeux @ambitiouschestnut9158 @ambitiouscity3124 @badoinkitydoop @basty @blueocean @BillyWilson @babybenfin @behindhazeleyes @beloved316 @BetterTogether101 @billywilson @blindfaith @BlueberryFriend @BlueMossWeaver27 @blueocean45 @borderinline @brainybrainy @BridgetAileen @brilliantTurtle89 @BuddhistDracula @blueDiamond @brilliomturtle89 @bluewolf1229 @benevolentOrange31 @bk20102kb @butterflycat @busyemptymind @callforhelp @Catlover1993 @Char1otte @cloudySummer @Zayb4you14 @compassionatelistener108 @CrissiArabela @Claito @calmHero86 @courtmarievibes @Cyanapricot8399 @cyanWater7627 @DanaMH @diplomaticShade2167 @Deeperblue @diplomaticconfucious @discreetOwl14 @elmira73 @enigmaforte @EnigmaForte @emilyLanes @EmOnTheGo @EmunahHere @equanimousCosmos@Evaparker02 @essdee Fairhouse @FreeSoul1417@fighter23 @frozenmermaid @Gaara @ghofrane @GhostInTheShellx @gongoozlersoup19 @Gozzil @happydandan @helpfulHuman4993 @helpfulBranch221 @Harleemoon @houserabbitsrule @HeckhoundBreaker5 @Hereyzzil @hopeless104 @IcyLight @InvisibleAngel92 @Itsybitsyspider91 @inventiveOrange1 @JayTheBird14 @joyoussun45 @JustMarije @kindsoul10 @kirtokun0731@kevan @klemen @knowledge57 @Kodachrome73 @Jakeeee Joe2017 @JustLikeMellie @Jenna0903 @joyoussun47 @JenSee @Kanzi @KatMae @KokoroHereForYou @KrinkTheMellowUnicorn @kvo8 @KattPiper @Lionellinu13 @lia345 @Learntolive @LilaGrace @lightforlife @lilynoelle @LilyLila @lightofhope89 @Lovejoy @leothelittlelioncub1 @longing4peace @maibock @marsmoon @melliontm @melliotm @Mellietronx @Mikey123 @MistyMagic @motivationalhomegirl @Musicismyfriend @NoDramaBabyLlama @nourrirvotreame @obie2 @onedirection1213 @onwardforevenmore @oxfordshiregatsby @passionateCircle3866 @peacefulwarrior10 @penguinpower31 @peppermintlove @PiecesofYou @Pininin @PinkMallow @pizzalover1341 @politeAvocado7234 @politelychaotic @princessofcurcus @probius @psalm139 @PurpleSnowflake2310 @politeskies6536 @PurpleNina @rachelq @Ravenclaw7 @Reokiome0928 @RoninSelecta @rosesway @Rcusick12 @rumplesteeleskin @RynnTheBedouin @sailorelix @Saif1for1Resilience @Saltydog68 @ Samar27 @Santysan @SarilinaN @ScarletPear1945 @ScotchTape @seacastle @sendingyoulove @SensitiveApple @sensitiveShade5337 @ShiningSalamander99 @silverIceCream21 @silverWillow1625 @singblue @Sk1ttles @SkolSuper1976 @Softforesthsp77 @soulrestorer102 @soulsings @Spearstar @stillLavender24 @starhawkemystery @sujaypai @SunFern @summertimesamness @SunFlower @supportingearthangel @sweetmango91 @sweetMelody95 @ThePersonYouCanNeverKnow @TheRoseHeartz @TheSciKid @tjb28 @tisjme @TrinnitysLight81 @24x7Awesome @Understandinggirl1990 @uselesscookies @victoriia @wildcat85 @Wawas @westvirginia @wizeakre @XxOgSpunBbygrl @yzzil @zeraphim
Mindfulness & DBT Skill - Observe
by ASilentObserver
Last post
January 24th, 2018
...See more In our last post, we learned about, "What Is DBT And How Is It Related To Mindfulness?" [https://www.7cups.com/forum/MindfulnessSupportCommunity_106/MindfulnessAndThePracticesOnDBT_1455/WhatIsDBTAndHowIsItRelatedToMindfulness_109528/] DBT taught us what to actually do to be mindful and how to do it. So, DBT covers "What" & "How" skills to practice mindfulness. WHAT skills include "Observe", Describe" & "Participate" and they practiced one at a time. While, HOW skills cover "Non Judgment", "One Mindful", & "Effectively". Under DBT, we practice mindfulness as observing, describing and participating and we practice them without any judgment, being mindful for one activity at a time which leads to effectiveness of mindfulness practice. So, we will be discussing every skill in subsequent posts and learn about them together. Today, let's start with Observation. Observing is identifying or recognising our immediate sensory experiences. It covers what you see, sense, touch, hear, taste, smell without any labels or judgment. Generally, human minds are active to label every thing we do or think of, rather than just observing happenings or events around us. When you observing, you're allowing yourself experience what happening without any effort to change or stop it. So, that a brief introduction to observation as a skill for mindfulness. Now lets see how we all can practice observations, Ready?? >> Focus and hear the sounds in the environment you are at present. Like, I am at workplace and I can hear, the strokes of keyboards on various workstations, the tick-tick sound of clock and my watch, some gigglings and talks out of my room, sound of horns, and so on. Just seat back for a minute and observe what you hearing. >> Watch what happening around us. Like I am in my office and I can watch this screen where I am writing this post currently, my fingers, some opened tabs and so on. >> While listening music, listen the lyrics and observe the words, beats, music. When we practice observation, it allows you to feel alive in this moment. Not regretting about past and not wondering about future. You experience the reality. The NOW. And, it's time to say "Good morning my mind." Your mind awoke now. Simply, when we practice observation, you are likely to have a mindful mind and thoughts. Let's practice together!! I would love to hear your thoughts on Observation. Share your lovely thoughts, opinions and ideas. Also, share what you observing NOW. Adding some amazing mates. To add or remove your name, please submit this short form http://goo.gl/NQxyyb [http://goo.gl/NQxyyb] @awesomerainbow @adocker @adventurousfan @Ady23 @amicableBlackberry1972 @AutumnLeigh @amiablePeace77 @AMusicalSilence @astray @AnActiveListener @AjanMalic @aifos1976 @agreeablekite4304 @asilentobserver @alfalfasproutdeux @ambitiouschestnut9158 @ambitiouscity3124 @basty @blueocean @BillyWilson @babybenfin @behindhazeleyes @beloved316 @BetterTogether101 @billywilson @blindfaith @BlueberryFriend @BlueMossWeaver27 @blueocean45 @borderinline @brainybrainy @BridgetAileen @brilliantTurtle89 @BuddhistDracula @blueDiamond @brilliomturtle89 @bluewolf1229 @benevolentOrange31 @bk20102kb @butterflycat @callforhelp @Char1otte @cloudySummer @Zayb4you14 @compassionatelistener108 @CrissiArabela @Claito @calmHero86 @courtmarievibes @Cyanapricot8399 @cyanWater7627 @diplomaticShade2167 @Deeperblue @discreetOwl14 @eeveeon @elmira73 @enigmaforte @EnigmaForte @emilyLanes @EmOnTheGo @EmunahHere @equanimousCosmos@Evaparker02 @essdee Fairhouse @FreeSoul1417@fighter23 @Gaara @GhostInTheShellx @gongoozlersoup19 @Gozzil @happydandan @helpfulHuman4993 @Harleemoon @HeckhoundBreaker5 @Hereyzzil @hopeless104 @IcyLight @InvisibleAngel92 @Itsybitsyspider91 @inventiveOrange1 @JayTheBird14 @joyoussun45 @JustMarije @KenMachine @kindsoul10 @kirtokun0731@kevan @klemen @knowledge57 @Kodachrome73 Joe2017 @JustLikeMellie @Jenna0903 @joyoussun47 @JenSee @Kanzi @KatMae @KokoroHereForYou @KrinkTheMellowUnicorn @kvo8 @KattPiper @Lionellinu13 @lia345 @Learntolive @LilaGrace @lightforlife @lilynoelle @LilyLila @lightofhope89 @Lovejoy @leothelittlelioncub1 @longing4peace @maibock @marsmoon @melliontm @Mellietronx @Mikey123 @Musicismyfriend @NoDramaBabyLlama @nourrirvotreame @obie2 @oxfordshiregatsby @passionateCircle3866 @passionatepeyton @peacefulwarrior10 @penguinpower31 @peppermintlove @phoenixAsh @PiecesofYou @Pininin @PinkMallow @pizzalover1341 @politeAvocado7234 @politelychaotic @princessofcurcus @probius @psalm139 @PurpleSnowflake2310 @Power @politeskies6536 @PurpleNina @rachelq @Ravenclaw7 @Reokiome0928 @RoninSelecta @rosesway @Rcusick12 @rumplesteeleskin @RynnTheBedouin @sailorelix @Saif1for1Resilience @Saltydog68 @ Samar27 @Santysan @SarilinaN @ScarletPear1945 @SensitiveApple @sensitiveShade5337 @ShiningSalamander99 @silverIceCream21 @silverWillow1625 @singblue @Sk1ttles @SkolSuper1976 @smileyPower @SofieSof @Softforesthsp77 @soulrestorer102 @soulsings @Spearstar @stillLavender24 @sujaypai @SunFern @summertimesamness @SunFlower @supportingearthangel @sweetmango91 @sweetMelody95 @ThePersonYouCanNeverKnow @TheRoseHeartz @TheSciKid @tjb28 @tisjme @TrinnitysLight81 @24x7Awesome @TwirlGirl90 @Understandinggirl1990 @victoriia @wildcat85 @Wawas @westvirginia @wizeakre @XxOgSpunBbygrl @yzzil @zeraphim

The Mindfulness Center welcomes you to a place where it is okay to just be, and not worry about 100 things. You can observe nature or your own room, follow your breath going in and out, or be aware of your feet touching the sidewalk as you head home. It is all mindfulness. 

There are no hard and fast rules on how to be mindful, and you do not have to do anything a certain way. There are guidelines to help us stay on the path of mindfulness, like in the Daily Checkins, where team members share insights and tips about mindfulness. You can join in the discussions there, or in any of the forum threads. 

You will also find videos in the resource center that talk about what is mindfulness and guide us on a journey to having an actual experience right now of what it feels like to be free of our “thought train”, as we let ourselves go and relax a bit. If all of this sounds good, join us for hosted sessions in which you can discuss and experience mindfulness first hand. 

If you like to join the Mindfulness Team apply here:

https://forms.gle/K7KPBPmamTiTicFP6

Introduce yourself to mindfulness community https://tinyurl.com/y3rkc3j5

See the mindfulness video resource library https://www.7cups.com/forum/MindfulnessSupportCommunity_106/ResourceLibrary_1062/

And see the latest schedule of mindfulness sessions: 

Community Guidelines

Stop and breath. Respect yourself and have compassion for what you are going through. 

Notice what is happening around you that your senses are telling you. Feel the breath go in and go out.

Feel good about yourself. Life has brought you on a journey up to here. That is reason to celebrate and appreciate all that life offers. And listen and feel the breath!