Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

PL 101: Understanding Your Gifts and Strengths from the MBTI (Discussion 2)

GlenM June 29th, 2020

Please note: In order to successfully complete Course 1, you must respond to this post. Your comment/response should answer the questions/shows that you completed the given activity (if any). Read the post carefully and follow the instructions given. Save your responses to a document that you can later refer to. You will need to copy/paste your response in the course evaluation form at the end of each course to show that you have done the work and to refresh your memory.
-
Hello Leadership Crew!

I have just gone through the introduction thread and read about all of you. If you havent yet introduced yourself, then please stop by and share a little about yourself so we can get to know you. Im encouraged by all the great people that have joined. This should be a fun and enriching program!

Let me first zoom back and talk more broadly about your career and how we can help. When you become a leader on 7 Cups, we want you to find the work fulfilling. Fulfilling work means that it is:

a) work you are good at;
b) work that is interesting to you; and
c) work that solves an important problem or meets an important goal (Thiel, 2015).

The sweet spot is that blue area in the middle below.

Work Alignment Diagram

If you do work that you are good at, but not interested in, then you wont do a great job. If you do work that you are interested in, but not particularly good at, then it wont be great work. If you do work that you are good at and interested in, but it isnt helping to solve an important problem, then we wont be a good fit for you. We need alignment on all 3 things. We work very hard at the beginning of your work with us to match your inherent strengths and interests with needs we have so that we can work together to solve problems that we all care about.

You have strengths â things that you are just really good at when compared with others. Operating out of your strengths feels good, is personally fulfilling, and enables you to hit flow states. As a result, you are much more effective and productive. Operating out of weaknesses is a drain. If you have to do work that you are not good at, then you wont be as effective. Doubling down on your strengths enables you to level up much faster and it helps 7 Cups make much more progress. Â

The next step becomes helping you find ways to identify your strengths, gifts or natural talents. You can learn some of this through self-observation - what do you seem especially good at? Are there things that just come natural to you that are more challenging for others? My wife, for example, is really good at writing; it just comes natural to her. Im pretty good at public speaking, whereas others find it more challenging.

Another way is to ask people you trust. You can say: What do you think Im good at? Or: what do you think are my top 1-3 strengths? Things that stand out to you about me? Note: only ask people you trust because sometimes people can give you feedback in a harmful rather than helpful way especially if they are not trustworthy.

For the purposes of this course, we are going to use personality tests to help you identify your strengths. Some of these are better than others; they are more reliable and have more research behind them. Broadly, we are using them here to help you begin to map out your strengths and to help you find ways where you can naturally excel here on 7 Cups, in your personal life, and in whatever career your are in or choose further down the road.

To start:

Go to this site here and take the test: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Next, in the thread below, answer the following questions:

1. What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please Â

2. What were the main things you learned about yourself?

3. What are your top 3 strengths or gifts according to this test? Please describe them.

Last, when people interact with one another, it makes the course more enriching and it allows us to learn more about one another. In addition to posting in the thread, please also be sure to respond in a helpful and positive way to at least 3 other comments in this thread.

You can also ask any questions in this thread and well respond to them as well.

Very excited to kick this off with all of you!

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! You must take part in the brainstorming/activities given in all of these posts to successfully complete the program.

This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program Team, find out more information about the program here.

JoyHappyNess October 8th, 2021

@courageousheart96

Incredible personality there🎉, especially the fact that you stand for what you believe in and you are very determined to find solutions for those whom you care about. I find that to be a beautiful balance that make up a World Changer😃

yourfriend5 September 28th, 2021

@GlenM

INFJ-T (Advocate)

I am creative and sensitive

3. What are your top 3 strengths or gifts according to this test? Please describe them.

Altruistic

Insightful

passionate

MindReader798 September 29th, 2021

Hi,

My name is Umar and I am from Pakistan. I believe that to be a good listener is very important when it comes to leadership qualities. The more you know about the people, the better you suggest them and they should be carefree talking about their concerns and problems. We often take leadership as an authoritative position but its not like this. It's a bond which you build gradually.

I feel myself privileged and lucky that people like talking to me. And I have hobbies and passion which helps me to think straight, and their is always things to talk about which describes me and my personality. So, it's very important to have things that defines and inspire you. I am an introvert and shy person. I know how hard it is for people to open their self. But doing things you like helps us defining our personality.

It's been three years that I am here as a listener and I don't know how far I will go. I feel good being a part of community where we are working together to promote love, care and positivity. This place is made with a lot of care, we all are trying to play our role when things are circumblating around various different concerns.

Listeningstars December 20th, 2021

@MindReader798 What do you like most about being a listener here?

Textingpals October 5th, 2021

@GlenM

1. What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters, please.

Ans: The commander (ENTJ)

Ans: We focus on dealing with all things rationally and logically. We are naturally born leaders who command respect. Our dominant cognitive function is extraverted thinking which makes us deliberate about orders and judgments. The auxiliary function is introverted intuition which makes us trust our instincts during decision making.

Ans:

1. Self-Confident – Commanders couldn’t do this if they were plagued by self-doubt – they trust their abilities, make known their opinions, and believe in their capacities as leaders.

2. Charismatic and inspiring – These qualities combine to create individuals who are able to inspire and invigorate others, who people actually want to be their leaders, and this, in turn, helps Commanders to accomplish their often ambitious goals that could never be finished alone.

3. Efficient – Commanders see inefficiency not just as a problem in its own right, but as something that pulls time and energy away from all their future goals, an elaborate sabotage consisting of irrationality and laziness. People with the Commander personality type will root out such behavior wherever they go.

jersey123456 October 7th, 2021

@Textingpals

All your strengths are really good !

@Textingpals

Wow! 😳😍😃 I can already feel the authority emanating from your forum post. Commander it is, such a strong captivating personality. Where will we be without you people, you rule the world... Literally 😊

FrenchMarbles May 4th, 2022

@Textingpals

That's amazing strengths which means you're on a great head start to being a wonderful leader ^_^

jersey123456 October 7th, 2021

1.What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please.

My personality type is ENFP-T(Turbulent campaigner)

I learnt that I'm friendly ,outgoing and I'll ponder over relationships and other people's intentions which might lead to stress.

• Curious – I can find beauty and fascination in nearly anything. Imaginative and open-minded, I'm not afraid to venture beyond my comfort zones in search of new ideas, experiences, and adventures.
  • Perceptive – No one is unimportant to me. I can pick up on even the subtlest shifts in another person’s mood or expression. Because I'm so sensitive to other people’s feelings and needs, I can make full use of my caring, considerate nature.
  • Enthusiastic – When something captures my imagination and inspires me, I want to share it with anyone who will listen. And I'm just as eager to hear other people’s ideas and opinions – even if those thoughts are wildly different from my own.

@jersey123456

I think it's awesome that we somehow share our personality and talk about pondering over things that sometimes it leads to stress, I can 100 percent relate. This is to embracing our personality fully 🥂 😊

@GlenM

yourfriend5 October 8th, 2021

@GlenM

Thanks for sharing. I am INFJ-T

yourfriend5 October 8th, 2021

@GlenM

Great learning

@GlenM

1. What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please Â?

ENFP-A / ENFP-T

Campaigner Personality

2. What were the main things you learned about yourself

I have learnt about some of my tendencies which include having so many ideas, interests, and hobbies that sometimes I struggle to fit everything that I care about into my life. Management is important.

I have also learnt that I easily lose interest over long time serious staff and I should keep on finding joy on things like house chores.

Curious

I tend to go beyond my comfort zone in search for new interesting things. For example, I tend to search Pinterest, Google and of course YouTube to find interesting ways of doing normal day to day stuff.

Perceptive

I value everyone because I feel like they all have a role to play in my life. Sometimes I do a gratitude test where I list the names of people that I have interacted with and the positive things that they impacted in my life.

Enthusiastic

I like sharing the things that interest me with people who bother to listen. For example my birthday challenge idea which was to come up with a number of activities that corresponded to the number of years that I was turning and to do them all.

lyricalSea85 October 14th, 2021

@GlenM

The accuracy of this test is unthinkable!

Here's my observation based on the results.

INTP - A (Logician)

I happen to question everything that's put in front of me until I know for a fact what is it that I'm dealing with. This drains tonnes of reserve energy but is in some ways, fruitful at the end.

I find it hard to decipher emotions on a deep level but that doesn't stop me from trying.

Analytical - The need to analyse everything before stepping into something is a boon. It helps in making rational analysis of events and come up with an apt solution to proceed further

Open minded - This trait often helps me make good connections with personalities that are not me or inclined towards my side. An ability to contemplate and mirror the thoughts of the other person is indeed an asset.

Curiosity - As they say, "Necessity is the mother of all inventions". But, dare I say, "Curiosity is the mother of all necessities". The urge to know more about certain aspects of people, things, procedures and framing a tailored solution based on the combined curiosities is what has got me through so far and hope it continues further.

RationalMe7 October 17th, 2021

@GlenM

Just took the test, now.

1. What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please

INFJ - T [Turbulent Advocate]

I learnt that I am motivated by principles rather than practicality. I also learnt that I may have trouble managing day to day tasks but have a clear view of long term goals. I also learnt that my category is a rare one :)

Intuition, sense of mission and connecting with people.

yourfriend5 October 22nd, 2021

I have Creativity, Imagination and sensitivity.

Moonlemon48 October 19th, 2021

1. My personality type is ENFJ-T

2. I learned that I wouldn't hold back if someone needed help, no matter the situation, I also learned I act more on my feelings.

3. Receptive, Reliable, Passionate.

Receptive: strong opinions but far from close minded, even if we don't agree with someone we recognize the persons right to

voice their truth.

Reliable: We keep our promises and responsibilities through, even when it's hard to do so

Passionate: Briming with interest and take pleasure pursuing hobbies, as a result we rarely find our self at a loss for something to do.

HereToHelp135 October 30th, 2021

@Moonlemon48

Wow, we have the same personality and strengths.

yourfriend5 October 22nd, 2021

@GlenM

My personality type is:

INFJ-T

I am introvert, intuitive, emotional and emphatic person who loves helping others, gets sad often and sensitive to peoples behaviour.

Main things I learned about myself is:
I have a unique combination of personality traits which makes me quite versatile.

My top three strengths/gifts according to the test:

Creativity, Imagination and sensitivity.

Listeningstars December 20th, 2021

@yourfriend5 Want to share more about the unique combination of traits you have?

TrickyRicky October 22nd, 2021

ESFP-T Entertainer (It was something else completely different last time I took this.

I learmed my personality can change based off of who i'm talking to mostly at the time.

Bold, Practical and Original were my top 3 strengths.

@TrickyRicky

Those are pretty good strengths

xinyii11 October 28th, 2021

1. What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please

INFP

I have an inclination to help others and ignore my own needs - typical me - and that I'm emphatic, creative, and enthusiastic in changing the world.

Empathy - I can listen to people and discern their emotions quickly and easily. I'm able to stand in their shoes, think from their point of view, and understand what they're going through more than anyone else.

Creativity - I have a creative streak and rich self-expression. I'm inclined to express myself through imaginative worlds, fictional characters, and connections blossomed from my inner landscape.

Honesty - Pretending to be something else that I'm not frustrates and uneases me. Therefore, I'm described as straightforward and grasp opportunities before they drift away

Love220 November 7th, 2021

@xinyii11 nice personality!

@GlenM

1. I have a protagonist personality: ENFJ-T

2. I am thoughtful and idealistic and I strive to have a positive impact on other people. I learned that I am also receptive, reliable, passionate, altruistic, and charismatic.

3. I am receptive: I have strong opinions but they are non closed-minded. I am reliable: I am not bothered by most things except for when someone is feeling depressed. And, I am passionate: I love pursuing my hobbies and I don't find myself at a loss for something interesting to do.

Nice character! @HereToHelp135
Darius08 November 3rd, 2021

@GlenM

1. What is your personality type? Mediator, INFP-T

2. What were the main things you learned about yourself? The main thing that I learned is I'm more of a turbulent personality than an assertive one. I also learned that empathy is a valorous quality of mine, what I ofter just forget about it, being, I think, more of a passive side of me.

3. What are your top 3 strengths or gifts according to this test? First of all, what I think applies to me is Open-Minded. When I look in the past, I can see how often I just accepted everyone, with an idea they had and with any beliefs. I think it is a passive quality because I don't observe in day-to-day basics. The second one is Creative. In this one, at my first glance, I wasn't sure about it because from as far I know I'm not a very creative person, but after I read about what it means I understood it's not about if I can draw or anything, more of viewing the world from a different and abstract perspective. Idealistic is on my profile too, and I think it applies only partially to me because I like more science and the "real" things, but I can't lie I don't stay in the night, looking at the moon and asking philosophical questions.

@Darius08 you are a nice personality :) nice to meet you

1. What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please.

ENPJ

- I learned that I'm more resistant to the life issues and obstacles.

- I'm more prone to be delayed from college life because of my mental health issues, but I understand that it can be by my side.

- I'm very supportive when it comes to friends issues or so.

- I'm very talented as I have several habits as Art and music.

- I have a strong mind and good thinking behavior.

- multitasking: I do several tasks at one time.

- powerful: I have strong power and energy to do matters.

- patient: I'm patient when I'm into a crisis.

mikacv December 13th, 2021

@Samar19

I think patience is a very important quality to have as a leader as you never know what stressful situations you yourself will encounter, but others you lead will encounter too. It's awesome that you have this value and I think it also helps that you are supportive toward others too!

Zahraa000 November 10th, 2021

Amazing,,thank you so much💜💜

HeretoHelp399 November 11th, 2021

1. What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please : My personality type is Architect INTJ-T

2. What were the main things you learned about yourself?: I am introverted and seek knowledge.

3. What are your top 3 strengths or gifts according to this test? Please describe them: My strengths are as follows according to the site-

Rational, informed, independent, determined, curious, versatile.

hopezzy January 10th, 2022

@HeretoHelp399 @HeretoHelp399 Hey!

> My personality type is Advocate INTJ-T

> The main thing you learned about myself is I am an Introvert. And it's quite a big discovery when I was a teen then hehe

Before knowing about personality types I always wondered why I am not outgoing like others. After knowing that I'm an introvert. I learnt it's okay that I enjoy time alone. I learnt I'm creative in my ways. I became more comfortable with myself.

>My strengths are as follows according to the site-

Passionate, Caring and Reflective.

Livingtohelplive January 24th, 2022

Your post is so colorful and lovely! I love it so much🧡💛💚💙💜🤍🤎

specialPeace5592 November 28th, 2021

@GlenM

my personality type is

INFJ-t

specialPeace5592 November 28th, 2021

@GlenM

What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please  INFJ-T

2. What were the main things you learned about yourself? i learned that i am the advocate-type person, and thay i usually stand up for whats right alot

• Creative – Advocate personalities enjoy finding the perfect solution for the people they care about. To do this, they draw on their vivid imagination and their strong sense of compassion. This can make them excellent counselors and advisors.
  • Insightful – Advocates typically strive to move past appearances and get to the heart of things. This can give them an almost uncanny ability to understand people’s true motivations, feelings, and needs.
  • Principled – People with the Advocate personality type tend to have deeply held beliefs, and their conviction often shines through when they speak or write about subjects that matter to them. Advocates can be compelling and inspiring communicators, with their idealism persuading even the hardest of skeptics.
GoldenNest2727 April 26th, 2022

@specialPeace5592

Being principled is a great leadership quality to have.

StarrrGirl20 August 4th, 2022

@specialPeace5592

Creativity and Insightfulness. Bravo my friend 👏👏

DancingHeart4982 December 8th, 2021

@GlenM

My personality type

Campaigner (ENFP-T)

Main things I learnt about myself

That my personality is the true free spirit and I crave creativity and freedom.

Top 3 strengths or gifts according to this test

1. Curious - Go out and experiment new things and don't hessite to step out of my comfort zone.

2. Observant - Noticing small details and small things and try to never miss a moment to satisfy the curiosity.

3. Energetic and Enthusiastic - Tend to form new connections and ideas from the observations. Get excited about the findings and try to share with people who are willing to listen.

4. Excellent Communication - Have strong people skills which makes it easier to make new friends and find joy at both small talk and deep conversations.

:)

mikacv December 13th, 2021

@DancingHeart4982

Wow! I think its so awesome that you're a campaigner (: I think its so great to think outside of the box while being observant in leadership positions. I also think sometimes it requires you to be energetic for morale which improves the experience of others and I think often makes it more pleasant and meaningful for others~