Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

PL 101: Understanding Your Gifts and Strengths from the MBTI (Discussion 2)

GlenM June 29th, 2020

Please note: In order to successfully complete Course 1, you must respond to this post. Your comment/response should answer the questions/shows that you completed the given activity (if any). Read the post carefully and follow the instructions given. Save your responses to a document that you can later refer to. You will need to copy/paste your response in the course evaluation form at the end of each course to show that you have done the work and to refresh your memory.
-
Hello Leadership Crew!

I have just gone through the introduction thread and read about all of you. If you havent yet introduced yourself, then please stop by and share a little about yourself so we can get to know you. Im encouraged by all the great people that have joined. This should be a fun and enriching program!

Let me first zoom back and talk more broadly about your career and how we can help. When you become a leader on 7 Cups, we want you to find the work fulfilling. Fulfilling work means that it is:

a) work you are good at;
b) work that is interesting to you; and
c) work that solves an important problem or meets an important goal (Thiel, 2015).

The sweet spot is that blue area in the middle below.

Work Alignment Diagram

If you do work that you are good at, but not interested in, then you wont do a great job. If you do work that you are interested in, but not particularly good at, then it wont be great work. If you do work that you are good at and interested in, but it isnt helping to solve an important problem, then we wont be a good fit for you. We need alignment on all 3 things. We work very hard at the beginning of your work with us to match your inherent strengths and interests with needs we have so that we can work together to solve problems that we all care about.

You have strengths â things that you are just really good at when compared with others. Operating out of your strengths feels good, is personally fulfilling, and enables you to hit flow states. As a result, you are much more effective and productive. Operating out of weaknesses is a drain. If you have to do work that you are not good at, then you wont be as effective. Doubling down on your strengths enables you to level up much faster and it helps 7 Cups make much more progress. Â

The next step becomes helping you find ways to identify your strengths, gifts or natural talents. You can learn some of this through self-observation - what do you seem especially good at? Are there things that just come natural to you that are more challenging for others? My wife, for example, is really good at writing; it just comes natural to her. Im pretty good at public speaking, whereas others find it more challenging.

Another way is to ask people you trust. You can say: What do you think Im good at? Or: what do you think are my top 1-3 strengths? Things that stand out to you about me? Note: only ask people you trust because sometimes people can give you feedback in a harmful rather than helpful way especially if they are not trustworthy.

For the purposes of this course, we are going to use personality tests to help you identify your strengths. Some of these are better than others; they are more reliable and have more research behind them. Broadly, we are using them here to help you begin to map out your strengths and to help you find ways where you can naturally excel here on 7 Cups, in your personal life, and in whatever career your are in or choose further down the road.

To start:

Go to this site here and take the test: https://www.16personalities.com/free-personality-test

Next, in the thread below, answer the following questions:

1. What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please Â

2. What were the main things you learned about yourself?

3. What are your top 3 strengths or gifts according to this test? Please describe them.

Last, when people interact with one another, it makes the course more enriching and it allows us to learn more about one another. In addition to posting in the thread, please also be sure to respond in a helpful and positive way to at least 3 other comments in this thread.

You can also ask any questions in this thread and well respond to them as well.

Very excited to kick this off with all of you!

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! You must take part in the brainstorming/activities given in all of these posts to successfully complete the program.

This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program Team, find out more information about the program here.

friendlyEars8792 September 28th, 2020

INFJ-A. That I am sensitive to criticism, creative and altruistic. Creative, insightful and principled. I enjoy finding the perfect solution for the people I care about. I can move past appearances and get to the heart of things. I have deeply held beliefs and convictions

queenviebsonly September 28th, 2020

@GlenM

Hi! I am a INTJ-T.

I learned today that I am quite qurious, which is something I was quite unaware of. I'm surprised that i am versatile, which means that I like challenges.

Three of my biggest strengths are that I am rational, informed and independet.

.Any situation can become for me an opportunity to expand my knowledge and hone myrational thinking skills. I also base myconclusions on research and analysis. I can imagine few things more frustrating than allowing rules or conventions to stand in the way of my success.

ahealingEndoftherainbow22 September 29th, 2020

@queenviebsonly

Those are some really great strengths to have!

fireyseastar97 October 2nd, 2020

@GlenM

I am an INFP or mediator. I learned that my dream of working in mental health is in line with my personality type. Mediators are empathetic and thrive on helping others. That is completely me. My top three strengths are thoughtful, generous, open minded and I think these are great qualities for peer support.

Ashvillium October 3rd, 2020

@GlenM

The test was indeed too creative. It made me stop and think deeply about myself at certain points.
Here I am sharing my test result as per the given format. :)

My personality type is:
Advocate
INFJ-T

I am a bit interovert, intuitive, emotional and emphatic person who loves helping others, gets sad often and sensitive to peoples behaviour. But still manages to handle the emotional ups and downs.

Main things I learned about myself is:
I have a unique combination of personality traits which makes me quite versatile.

My top three strengths/gifts according to the test:

Creativity, Imagination and sensitivity.

:)

pro21 October 11th, 2020

@Ashvillium

Really wonderful results!!

generousDiamond35 October 13th, 2020

@Ashvillium

Really good set of strengths. All the best and so glad to have you hear :)

soulsings October 27th, 2020

@Ashvillium this test had a question about in a party being drawn to people that I know.

Although I do not know you, I am also an Advocate INFJ-T and am glad to make your acquaintance

ListenerKitty October 30th, 2020

@Ashvillium Those are some truly incredible results!

considerateParadise6717 January 27th, 2021

@Ashvillium

Those results are amazing, that is such a great person to be. I am sure you will have such a great future smiley

wonderfulRainbow817 June 28th, 2021

@Ashvillium
I love the mix of characteristics you have! I am also an introvert. It is great to hear that you like to help others!

dancingMoment7201 October 3rd, 2020

1. What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please

INFPs

INFPs are shy but have passionate inner lives. Caring nature creates and sustains deep relationships with their loved ones. However, I can be emotionally driven and impractical

3. What are your top 3 strengths or gifts according to this test? Please describe them.

Passionate: When an idea or movement captures Mediators’ imagination and speaks to their beliefs, they can give their whole heart to it.

Creative: With their ability to make surprising and unexpected connections

Loyal to Their Values – Doing the right thing isn’t always easy, but Mediators’ far-reaching vision can help them stay the course. When they’re doing something meaningful, these personalities can have a sense of purpose or even courage that keeps them true to their values.

pro21 October 11th, 2020

@dancingMoment7201

U have got really wonderful results!! We are almost same!!

@dancingMoment7201

Your strengths sounds to be so awesome! You will be a great leader :)

Asher October 26th, 2020

@dancingMoment7201

I wish that I did better in being loyal to my values, but I think they change as new evidence is shown for research.

October 6th, 2020

My test results:

Introvert, Observant, Thinking, Prospecting, Turbulent

I dont know how accurate this test is,

My personality type is:

I can be strict and discplined. But other than that I am kind, sympathetic and happy to help. I also like to be intedependent in life and be loyal to people I know.

Main things I learnt about myself is:

I am strong, adaptable and can overcome lots of hardships.

Asher October 26th, 2020

@glowingHeart4796

It's true we all can get through hardships, it's just how you look at them.

thehealingmaat December 2nd, 2020

@glowingHeart4796 How lovely, thank you for sharing... What are you more strict with, and what are you less strict with? (Feel free to share/not share as you feel comfortable.)

YoungMonastic007 October 10th, 2020

@GlenM

1. What is your personality type?

INFJ-A

That I’m a perfectionist and want everything to be sorted, I wasn’t aware of this.

Passionate, altruistic, insightful. I always believed these are my strengths and it feels great to get the same result in a test.

considerateParadise6717 January 27th, 2021

@YoungMonastic007

Those strengths are amazing, so glad you already know them though. You know yourself better than I know myself smiley

pro21 October 11th, 2020

@GlenM

Hello everyone,

I really enjoyed this test, it was so enriching.. got to know so much about myself..

Personality type - INFP(Mediator)

I was amazed to know that considering myself an introvert was all wrong since the beginning when I am the most sociable one among the INFPs. I got to know about my strenths and weaknesses while dealing with all kinds of relationships which will help me do better in helping people. I really enjoyed the test.

My main 3 strengths were :-

Open - minded - Being open - minded isn't only about accepting all the changes around you but also about when we don't judge person sitting next to us just because he is lost and isn't wearing clothes that we feel are necessary when stepping out of the house.

Passionate - When an idea/thought/plan flashes our mind and that matches our ideals, we give it our best shot. Being reticent doesn't hold us back here.

Loyal to values - I personally adore this because not giving up basic commitments even after a person has a change of heart isn't easy to find theses days. It takes courage and I am happy to have it as one of my top strengths.

Thank you! :)

@GlenM

1. What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please �

ENFJ - A/ ENFJ - T (Protagonist)

I learned that communication comes easy to me, I am a natural born leader (this is very surprising 😆) and that I am a firm believer in people.

1) Natural leader – I have a Natural instinct of being a leader and usually cheered by all because of the strong personality.

2) Charismatic – I feel that I do have the ability to capture and audience and motivate the to be involved in communication with reason, emotion and passion

3) Reliable – I always like being a reliable person for everyone and disliking putting anyone or anything down who have placed their trust on me.

Sunflower78652 October 13th, 2020

@GlenM

1. What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please

ISFJ. I am a Defender

I learned that my personality type is very unique and that I can easily get along with every other personality type. Although I am a very reserved and generally conservative type, I have well-developed people skills and can be receptive to change and new ideas.

Supportive – I am a universal helper and love to share my knowledge, experience, time, and energy with anyone who needs it. I strive for win-win situations and often choose empathy over judgment.

This is so very true since I always love to share anything new I learned with my family and friends. Even when I was a kid, I would always tell my mom what new things I learned or did at school while she comes to pick me up. I would be talking the whole drive home hahaha. I still do that even when I am in university, if something really interesting comes up I tell my mom. heart

Reliable and Patient – I am meticulous and careful, taking a steady approach and bending with the needs of the situation just enough to accomplish my end goals. I not only ensure that things are done to the highest standard but often go well beyond what is required. When it comes to my work, I can be a perfectionist. However, I try my best to break down work in small steps and go easy on myself.

Imaginative and Observant – I am very imaginative, and use this quality as an accessory to empathy, observing others’ emotional states and see things from their perspective. I also often find creative solutions to my own problems. With my feet firmly planted on the ground, it is a very practical imagination, though I do find things quite fascinating and inspiring.

ListenerKitty October 30th, 2020

@Sunflower78652 These are some really awesome reults!

Sunflower78652 October 30th, 2020

@ListenerKitty

Thank you Kitty ❤️😊

DreamTouch October 30th, 2020

@Sunflower78652

Nice to see another ISFJ! Loved reading your responses heart

Sunflower78652 October 30th, 2020

@DreamTouch

Yay!! The feeling is mutual ❤️❤️

thehealingmaat December 2nd, 2020

@Sunflower78652 I love how you shared so many positive things with us, thank you.

Sunflower78652 December 7th, 2020

@thehealingmaat

❤️😄

pamharley003 October 13th, 2020

I am a INFJ-T

I learned i have the following :

introverted

intutitive

88% feeling

58% judging and turbulent

The big 5 test showed me i am:

48% open mindedness

53% conscientiousness 4 % extraversion

86% agreeable

99% negatice emotionally

soulsings October 27th, 2020

@pamharley003 wow isn't this interesting finding out about ourselves.

Guess what we have the same personality trait letters INFJ-T

That is amazing. Nice to find out why I always find it so easy to work with you!

pamharley003 November 1st, 2020

@soulsings

Always a pleasure to be working along side you heart

Azalea98 November 1st, 2020

@pamharley003

I love how you included the % you got, very brave and admirable to put that out there, you sound like such an interesting person from those results 🙂

pamharley003 November 1st, 2020

@Azalea98

Thank you I just rather be truthful than not and hide something.

Starry1Listener October 19th, 2020

@GlenM

Meditor (INFP-T).

1.) What were the main things you learned about yourself?

I learned that I can distinguish between good and bad traits within people.
I realized I played as a listener to my friends who broke with his girlfriend.
I also noticed that I like to listen rather than talk.

What are your top 3 strengths or gifts according to this test? Kindness, planned, and imaginative.

Starry1Listener October 19th, 2020

@Starry1Listener

Kindness: I willing to sacrifice my time and impartiality to ensure that no conflicts will arise within the group.
Planned: Among my friend I'm recognized as my most orderly and responsible person. (my room on the other hand doesn't provide the same insight: messy)
Imaginative: I have grand plans that seem impossible to achieve.

Asher October 26th, 2020

@Starry1Listener

Do you think it's possible to break these ideas into smaller ideas so you can understand the idea from your last bullet point?

SofiaT2000 October 25th, 2020

@GlenM

I seem to be a Protagonist ENFJ-A.

Some of my advantages are that I'm charismatic, natural leader, intelligent, sensitive, self-less, honest, trying to defend my values although things may seem hard and passionate about succeeding and helping others to achieve they're goals! Although low self-esteem may be an issue, it may also become a motivation to help others and to improve as a person! After considering the results and my previous experiences, I realized that after a fail I feel discouraged temporarily but after a while I manage to focus on my goal, organize myself and soon I get energized again to succeed. A great motive is that others may count on me and that I try to develop and improve myself. This was a very inspiring test that lifted my spirit and made me define and believe in my abilities! I feel energized and motivated to overcome my worries and to improve myself in order to achieve my personal goals, help others to develop and become a successful leader!

My top gifts/strengths are:

Altruistic: Uniting these qualities is Protagonists unyielding desire to do good in and for their communities, be it in their own home or the global stage. Warm and selfless, Protagonists genuinely believe that if they can just bring people together, they can do a world of good.

Natural Leaders: More than seeking authority themselves, Protagonists often end up in leadership roles at the request of others, cheered on by the many admirers of their strong personality and positive vision.

Reliable: The one thing that galls Protagonists the most is the idea of letting down a person or cause they believe in. If it is possible, Protagonists can always be counted on to see it through.

Asher October 26th, 2020

@SofiaT2000

What ways do you think being natural leader is helpful for?

Dino12 October 26th, 2020

What is your personality type? Include your 4 letters please ISTJ- logistician

2. What were the main things you learned about yourself? That everything I do has a strategy and method, and I analyze before coming to any conclusions. These are important life skills

3. What are your top 3 strengths or gifts according to this test? Please describe them

Honest and Direct – Integrity is the heart of the Logistician personality type. Emotional manipulation, mind games and reassuring lies all run counter to Logisticians’ preference for managing the reality of the situations they encounter with plain and simple honesty.

Strong-willed and Dutiful – Logisticians embody that integrity in their actions too, working hard and staying focused on their goals. Patient and determined, people with the Logistician personality type meet their obligations, period.

Very Responsible – Logisticians’ word is a promise, and a promise means everything. Logisticians would rather run themselves into the ground with extra days and lost sleep than fail to deliver the results they said they would. Loyalty is a strong sentiment for Logistician personalities, and they fulfill their duties to the people and organizations they’ve committed themselves to