Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

PL 101: Introduce Yourself! (Discussion 1)

GlenM June 29th, 2020

Welcome to our first course in the Leadership Development Program! I am very excited to get this going. This has been something we've wanted to do for the last several months and at long last it is here. Please find the course description below. Please also introduce yourself and let us (if comfortable) where you are from and a recent book or movie you have enjoyed. I'll get us started!

Course Description: You have personal gifts and strengths that can help you in life and also help other people. Identifying, amplifying, and deliberately building those strengths enables you to have a better personal life, professional life, and also enables you to more effectively serve others in our community. People sometimes make the mistake of focusing too much on their weaknesses. This can help, but deliberately building your strengths will get you much further in life and in your career. This course provides links to personality testing (MBTI, Big 5) where you can learn to identify your personality style and strengths. It helps you understand how to match your strengths to roles in the 7 Cups community and enables you to find a career path that will be fulfilling. Join other new leaders in individual and group learning exercises.

Please note: In order to successfully complete the LDP, you must respond to all discussion posts. Your comment/response should answer the questions/shows that you completed the given activity (if any). Read the post carefully and follow the instructions given. Save your responses to a document that you can later refer to. You will need to copy/paste your response in the course evaluation form at the end of each course to show that you have done the work and to refresh your memory.

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! You must take part in the brainstorming/activities given in all of these posts to successfully complete the program.

This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program Team, find out more information about the program here.

PinkPizzaz September 10th, 2020

@Raysofsunshineandrainbow2005

Hi sunshine! Nice to meet you! It's great that you're doing so much for the community through your leadership roles. Thank you! Good luck on this journey!

Endure777 September 10th, 2020

Hey everyone! My name is Ace and I live in Scottsdale, Arizona. A book I just recently finished that really resonated with me is 'Faster Than Normal' by Peter Shankman. It is a creative guide to people with ADHD.

@CognitiveACE

Hello! Nice to meet you. That book sounds interesting, I have a lot of family with ADHD. I always admire people who read educational and deep stuff in their free time while I'm over here reading teen romance books 😂. Good luck!

uniqueDaisy September 13th, 2020

Thank you so much for the information with regards to ADHD. I took a RDHD call yesterday and have been looking for some resorces. I think the book will be a great help and I aim to look at it on Amazon. When I introduce my self I think I am going to mention a book till. May be also my favourite film. Look out for my post. It should be coming soon!

bubblyJulie September 10th, 2020

@GlenM

Hello everyone, I'm Juliana and I live in Texas. My favorite movie of all time is Troy as I loooove Greek mythology. Nice to meet you guys!

@heyitsjuliana

Hello! Nice to meet you too! I find Greek mythology very interesting as well, though I've never heard of Troy. Good luck on this journey!

InvaderStitch September 11th, 2020

@heyitsjuliana

Hey Juliana! I've never seen Troy, but I do love Greek Mythology! It's very interesting!

Endure777 September 11th, 2020

@heyitsjuliana

@heyitsjuliana

I love greek mythology, myself. Greatly entertaining stuff! Nice to meet you!

lovelyNight9853 September 14th, 2020

@heyitsjuliana

lovelyNight9853 September 14th, 2020

@heyitsjuliana

Hi, nice to meet you. I find Greek mythology super interesting too!

Ines1229 December 8th, 2020

@bubblyJulie

Greek mythology ;O <3

HereToHelp135 October 30th, 2021

@bubblyJulie

I also love Greek Mythology. I loved reading the Percy Jackson series.

introduce yourself and let us (if comfortable) where you are from and a recent book or movie you have enjoyed

Hello everyone I'm PinkPizzaz! I'm from Utah. A recent movie I enjoyed is the live action Mulan, it was great! I'm glad to be taking this next step to grow as a person! 💗

hopedreamlove September 12th, 2020

@PinkPizzaz

Hi! It is nice to meet you! I haven't watched the live action Mulan, however I have watched the original and loved it! Do you prefer one version of the movie over the other?

PinkPizzaz September 12th, 2020

@hopedreamlove

I don't really prefer one over the other. They have a very different sort of feel to them so it's hard to compare. For instance they took out all the music and comic relief for the live action and it was much more dramatic and deep. I love both versions for different reasons.

Rashmieee September 15th, 2020

@PinkPizzaz

Hey there! I'm Rashmieee. I am from India. I got to learn a lot here. I'm glad I'm volunteering here as a listener. The last movie I enjoyed is John wick.

PinkPizzaz September 15th, 2020

@Rashmieee

Hello! Nice to meet you 💗

Rashmieee September 16th, 2020

@PinkPizzaz

Heya, nice to meet you too ♥️

Liru0417 September 10th, 2020

Hi there! I'm Liru and I'm from the Philippines 🇵🇭! I'm a frequent reader myslef and I enjoy a good thriller or historical fiction in my spare time. Recently, I read Agatha Christie's "The Murder on the Orient Express" and it's a very interesting book, I must say. Currently, I am reading Markus Zusak's "Book Thief" and I'm really enjoying it. Hope you all are doing well today, cheers!

@Liru0417

Hey, Liru! Nice to meet you! Great to see 7 Cups bringing people all over the world together!!

SophieWX September 13th, 2020

@Liru0417

Hi Liru! I also enjoyed Agatha Christie's novels. The Book Thief is especially one of my favourites.

Liru0417 September 15th, 2020

@SophieWX
Hi Sophie! That's awesome, I'm glad you liked them as much as I did. Any books that you think I shouldn't miss? I'd love to hear recommendations from you. Hope you have a great day!

SophieWX September 17th, 2020

@Liru0417

Hmm, really I'd recommend the Sherlock Holmes series if you're looking for detective novels, since I feel that these two are the best at it. If you like Christies' witty writing style, and doesn't mind romance, Austen is especially entertaining. I kinda have a soft spot for her because Sense and Sensibility got me through some hard times.

If you want to read more concerning WWII, All the Lights We Cannot See is very popular, and rightly so I think, the writing is beautiful although it romanticise things a tad bit.

Definitely watch the movie adaptation of Book Thief though! It's completely worth it and really not bad considering it's an adaptation.

toughLion8324 September 10th, 2020

hi

my name is Laksh and I am from Pakistan.

i watched kabir singh ( an indian movie) that did i find fascinating and relatable.

rebecca947 September 17th, 2020

@toughLion8324

Welcome! I hope you enjoy the program ❤️

KatePersephone September 10th, 2020

Hi! I'm Katherine, and I live in Greece. I recently started watching an anime series named "A Certain Scientific Railgun" and I think it's pretty awesome! I enjoy watching it.

@kateaala

Hey, Katherine! Greece, wow, such a beautiful country you live in! Are you interested in manga as well as anime? I'm personally into neither of those but I know they typically go hand in hand for most people haha

KatePersephone September 17th, 2020

@rebecca947 I've never read manga sooo i don't think so, yet 🤣

rebecca947 September 19th, 2020

@kateaala

LOL I tried reading one manga and I found out I read it completely wrong. I gave up after that!!!

KatePersephone September 19th, 2020

@rebecca947 🤣🤣🤣 i didn't know there was a specific way to read manga

rebecca947 September 21st, 2020

@kateaala

Haha there is! You read it from the back to front, right page to left page. I just don't know how to specifically read each page, if it's from left to right or right to left xD

HereToHelp135 October 30th, 2021

@rebecca947

I like reading manga especially if I am really into a certain anime and I can't wait to see what happens next in the story line. I found myself reading the manga for demon slayer because I thought it was a pretty nice series.

CompassionateDreamer8522 September 10th, 2020

Hello! I'm C. :) I feel so honored to be here! <3 I'm a mom to one, a stepmom to 2. I enjoy video games, board games, art, watching streams, fishing, being outside - I just took up a new hobby of painting miniatures. It sounds dumb, I know, but I really enjoy seeing these little figurines come to "life" as I paint them, learn new techniques, etc. I was never talented as a painter on canvas, but figures have opened me up to a whole new world! <3

@CompassionateDreamer8522

No hobby is a dumb hobby! Nice to meet you, C!

frostyIris5554 September 10th, 2020

@GlenM

Hello everyone 😄 I'm Dee and I'm from Trinidad and Tobago which is located inside of the Caribbean. I've recently watched and enjoyed a movie called Wonder. It's really nice and I encourage everyone to take a look at it😁. Nice meeting you all!

hopedreamlove September 12th, 2020

@frostyIris5554

Hi Dee! Ooh Wonder is a great movie, I recently watched it as well, and loved it!

shiningSound31 September 10th, 2020

Hello, I am Himanshu. I live in New Delhi, India. I joined 7 Cups in June 2018. It's been more than 2 years since I joined 7 Cups. I have learnt a lot from volunteering as an Active Listener. The book that I have enjoyed a lot is "The Inimitable Jeeves" by P.G. Wodehouse. I really loved the comic sense of the author. It's brilliantly written!

shiningSound31 September 10th, 2020

@GlenM

Hello, I am Himanshu. I live in New Delhi, India. I joined 7 Cups in June 2018. It's been more than 2 years since I joined 7 Cups. I have learnt a lot from volunteering as an Active Listener. The book that I have enjoyed a lot is "The Inimitable Jeeves" by P.G. Wodehouse. I really loved the comic sense of the author. It's brilliantly written!

@shiningSound31

Hey, we meet again! Haha I hope you get a lot out of the course. Happy late 2 year Cupsversary! So happy to see you sticking around the site. ❤️