Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Course 2, Discussion 1: Understanding your Leadership Style

Hope December 5th, 2022

Hello everyone,

If you are reading this, it means you have come a long way in your leadership training. Kudos to you for all the effort and resilience you have shown! It is amazing how you all are open to learning and adapting to new environments: the environment of leadership!

Before we zoom in and talk more about learning and adapting, lets zoom back out first and talk about how you feel about leadership. Regardless of how you see yourself, there is a leader within you. The one who visualizes how things could have run in a better way if you were in the leading spot. Leading spot here means:

• A desire for change

• Believing you got the abilities to make it happen

• Visualizing success while keeping in mind the bigger picture.

Lets take a look at the leadership styles as proposed by Daniel Goleman

7cm7YPLGjkdZL0_5Ff1A6TbGkM24Ou_r6Ozr9qk9pGacBDWlfjoJ50oAou3MfhjhmygGbWfHAKr0jes5xoz0Qj7DH0-cptA5M9O64NSSGc6foGyD6SuLGgFOsr0ovNLmAOEzrrHewDxK6HBEatv63v2nmuMFSyV3VLRqQWD4zGYbiqIY5v3knB8QlwBnrA

Picture taken from this source.

Your original style could be any of them. So for the purpose of this course, we are going to use a leadership style test to help you identify your core competencies. In brief, we are using the test here to help you identify your leadership approach. So, when you know how you approach an event, you could think and put efforts to bring a change in it. It will allow you to polish your strengths and focus to improve in other different areas as well.

Let's get started!

- Please take the leadership style test linked HERE.

✒️ Which leadership style did you score the highest for?

✒️ Do you agree with this quiz?

After fulfilling the requirements of this post, please check out the next post here! tinyurl.com/Course2Discussion2

🔉This post is brought to you by the Leadership Development Program, find information on it here tinyurl.com/AcademyLDP

jasishereforallofu February 11th

@crypticwhisperss1 Thats great, 😊💖

iPHOENIX February 16th, 2023

✒️ What is your leadership style?

I am a visionary leader.

Artalistens August 2nd, 2023

@iPHOENIX

Same with me! Twins!

iPHOENIX August 4th, 2023

@Artalistens Glad to see another twin here. All the best with the course.

Mitanshi003 February 18th, 2023

@Hope

I have a Democratic Leadership style 🍀

FrenchMarbles February 21st, 2023
I am a democratic leader.
My leadership style is based on collective intelligence. I like to organize meetings to consult my team members or partners before making decisions. My good listening skills draw ideas out of everyone. That is how I improve group creativity and innovation. My greatest strength is my ability to motivate the key people I work with. In other words, I know how to get on the right path.
EnigmaticCat24 February 22nd, 2023

@FrenchMarbles

You will make amazing leader then 😃!

EnigmaticCat24 February 22nd, 2023

@Hope

What is your leadership style?

affiliative leader

AvyIsKing February 24th, 2023

@Tobedoctor

so am i :3

AvyIsKing February 24th, 2023

im an affiliative leader :D

i find this quite humorous just on the pretense that Ive always been told my leadership style is unique yet there are so many affiliative leaders on this thread. i actually find pleasure in knowing there are others like me.

vivelespatates March 8th, 2023

@Jefferythebunny319 heyhey I feel the same! hahaha.

Heartsandrosesandpaws March 9th, 2023

@Jefferythebunny319

nice to know that so many are that type of leader

Trintzu March 5th, 2023

@Hope

I am a visionary leader! This means, I am very motivating and have a clear overall vision of each situation. I have strong ideas and I trust key members of the team to have concrete solutions. Overall with my charisma and empathy and clear inspiring vision, I am able to lead the way for others. 💪

JoyHappyNess March 13th, 2023

@Trintzu

That's a great leading style because it lives beyond you. It impacts people who may not have directly interacted with you. It extends to the future generations. Keep at it Trintzu👏👏👏

Smrtbibliophile May 12th, 2023

@Trintzu

This is what I got as well! I think it's a great leadership style as I see it more as trusting team members and relying on their strengths to build upon each other.

vivelespatates March 8th, 2023
Many time, i wanted pick many answers and were not able to.
It labelled me as
affiliative leader, though i'm not so agreeing with it, lol.
March 16th, 2023

@vivelespatates

I got affiliative leader too, and I agree with you. There are others answers which I felt would be applicable depending on situation, lol

Heartsandrosesandpaws March 9th, 2023

Affiliative leader

JoyHappyNess March 13th, 2023

@Hope

I'm a democratic leader. It's true because my team's success is always my team's success and not Joy's success. I find happiness and satisfaction in asking, what do you think we should do because following it up, when it came from the team member is easier.

beyoutofullkalon March 13th, 2023

@JoyHappyNess

this approach is so wholesome! I can learn a lot from you 💜

JoyHappyNess March 15th, 2023

@beyoutofullkalon

Thank you Kalon😊

Rubylistens22 April 8th, 2023

@JoyHappyNess

i think this is an awesome leadership style! I’d wanna be on your team:)

JoyHappyNess April 9th, 2023

@Rubylistens22

Thank you Ruby

beyoutofullkalon March 13th, 2023

@Hope I got the visionary leader.

Your leadership style is very motivating. In contrast to the commanding and pacesetting leaders, you have a very clear overall vision of each situation, meaning that you excel at defining the purpose of every project you take on. You have a strong idea and you trust that the key members of your team will make it work with concrete solutions. Your greatest strength is above all your ability to motivate your team to make sense of changes in the company. In other words, with your charisma and empathy and a clear and inspiring vision, you are able to lead the way for others.

FeureVox March 14th, 2023

@Hope

I am an affiliative leader
I have a leadership style that encourages relationships between people, prompting them to work together. My approach involves focusing on the importance of working together. I also understand the needs of my team and my partners very well, and I try to satisfy them. My greatest strength lies in my ability to ease tensions or motivate all my team members during difficult periods. I also have a knack for getting people who are accustomed to working alone to work together instead.

broadfemmelovelive April 17th, 2023

@FeureVox

I also received this result 👍

March 16th, 2023

I got affiliative leader.

KarmaTheRascal March 24th, 2023

@charmingFlower8111

So did I!

CurrySoup12 March 22nd, 2023

@Hope

I'm actually a mix between democratic and visionary. I used democracy first and then make a case for visionary outcomes.

Ruby2468 April 8th, 2023

@CurrySoup12

that’s really cool! I think it’s nice to be flexible like that:)

KarmaTheRascal March 24th, 2023

I am an affiliative leader! :)

calmingsun111 March 25th, 2023

@KarmaTheRascal woohoo, what does it mean? :P have a great day!

GermanZebraCupcake May 11th, 2023

@KarmaTheRascal

Fantastic! Me too! We are the people's people!

calmingsun111 March 25th, 2023

@Hope I am a visionary leader! Since I am manager in my work, I loved to find out that what I do every day is not contraproductive and it is actually very good! :)

ItsMrEnigma March 27th, 2023

@Hope

According to the quiz I am a Democratic Leader.

jadenrjc7 May 4th, 2023

@ItsMrEnigma

Same!

JLisjustlistening June 9th, 2023

@ItsMrEnigma

Team Democrat! :)

Ruby2468 April 8th, 2023

My leadership style is a visionary style:) my leadership style is very motivating and it says I basically pave the way for others to succeed so😊

Rubylistens22 April 8th, 2023

I am a visionary leader which means I’m really motivating and it said pave the way for others i guess:)

JoyHappyNess April 9th, 2023

@Rubylistens22

That's a great leadership style😃. A leadership that paves way for others. Interesting😃