Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

[Archived] Leadership Development Program - Updates Announcement

Heather225 October 22nd, 2020

[SEE NEW POST HERE.]

Hi everyone! I hope you all are well. It's been 4 months since we have launched our Leadership Program. It has been wonderful seeing the passion our users have for leadership. We have learned a lot and we have made a few improvements as we evolved. Time has come to add some more structure to the program and make it more accessible to everyone who wants to be a leader at 7 Cups or who is a leader but would like to take the program as professional development.

We really believe in this program and what it offers. At the same time we want to focus our efforts on users who have a basic understanding of the site and what it offers. A lot of course work requires you to know the basics of the platform and be able to navigate forums/rooms/resources with ease. We want you to succeed and be best equipped to take on the course therefore we are making the following updates.

Requirements to join the program

Listeners
- Verified Listener

- No behaviour reports in the past 4 weeks

If you are not a verified listener yet, you can still enroll in LDP as long as you have submitted the application form AND you meet the requirements to become a verified listener.

Members
- No newbie badge

- Appreciated Voice badge (for making 20 forum posts, this can be a post itself or responding to someone else’s post)

- No behaviour reports in the past 4 weeks

We accept members into the program especially those who hold leadership roles. However we do recommend that you join from a listener account as you will have a more broader list of roles to contribute to as a listener. Additionally, if you apply for the program, your account should be active. If your account is deactivated then your application will be rejected.

Weekly Onboarding
We are happy to announce that we will now do weekly onboarding for our program. This update has been made to accommodate more interested users and at the same time give more options to join the program at your convenience. We highly encourage you to apply for a date when you can truly commit to the program.

Start date will always be a Monday!
In order to get accepted for a start date, please make sure the date falls on a Monday (we will onboard new batches each week)

Apply at least 5 days early
Apply at least 5 days before the start date you desire. If you apply later or on the start date itself then you will be automatically put into the next week’s batch. You can apply for a future date (like from a month from now) However we recommend that you apply closer to the date (like a week before)

Prepare to Commit
Lastly, a lot of work goes into the leadership program. Volunteers and admins work together to train you to become exceptional leaders. In return we ask that you honor our time by applying for a date that you can commit to. We want you to succeed and this program will remain open all year round so there is no hurry. When you do apply, please set time aside to work on the course and truly commit to it. Help us help you!

You will receive the acceptance email 3-4 days before your preferred start date. You are required to respond to the email and confirm that you can make the commitment to complete the program. Failure to respond will result in rejection of the application and you will need to apply again

The weekly onboarding will start from Monday. The very first weekly batch will be onboarded for the week of October 26, 2020.

Please note: If you have applied in the past for the October batch (before this update went live) then we ask you to please apply again granted that you meet our requirements.

Open Application Form Here

Updated on September 12, 2021 by Hope

Post updated to reflect the Academy acceptance email update on Jan 3, 2022

InquireWithin October 24th, 2020

@TortueDesBois

I have the very same question. I was invited, but I am not a Listener. ???

This post has been deleted
usefulSummer3139 October 25th, 2020

@TortueDesBois

Hey! The requirements for a member to join are mentioned in the post. :)

“Members
- No newbie badge
- Appreciated Voice badge (for making 20 forum posts, this can be a post itself or responding to someone else’s post)”

Heather225 OP October 22nd, 2020

Please note: If you have applied to enroll in the program this month, we ask you to reapply with this new application format with the week you would like to join! We apologize for the inconvenience but look forward to seeing you in the program!

Tagging all of this month's applicants. Inviting you to reapply!

@Envisage @ComradeKat @Dinoprincess12 @mynameisroxy @Anexmos @lovelySummer7849 @Snailpurple @allnaturalCupcake2608 @CompassionateDreamer8522 @marvelloustree1111 @Textingpals @DreamTouch @lyricalSea85 @wishfulMoment42 @PuggyBearJade @beautifulSnow @BellatheHappyHelper @Kindheartedwords6803 @gigantCloud92 @Sanias @Jude10 @ingeniousfriend59 @PeacefulMind1216 @noraaa7 @Ananya32 @Alwayshearforyou247 @themightyhealer @lovelyMirage5650 @Lucdawg @caringPink6587 @BunnyBooUwU @gloriouslove83 @CourageousOwl2856 @fellowhumanbeing1 @curiousgrape @proudkittenmomma0720 @Spoocares @muskaaaan @stephanie53066 @shayna1818 @jowie22 @Journey2healing @melissadayc @RabbitFields @ingeniousFriend59 @rosalinemh @exquisiteWind7608 @Skyy0 @Faith56 @caringFaith5821 @sadleafycupl @wanjiku @Journey2healing @allnaturalCupcake2608 @Dinoprincess12

EccentricAnna February 25th, 2021

@Heather225

please can i be added to this taglist :)

thanks

Siptherealist July 22nd, 2021

I definitely don’t see my name on here 😕

younity October 9th, 2021

@Heather225

younity October 9th, 2021

@Heather225 i would like to enroll

Jerseybeachgirl July 15th, 2022

I want to enroll

Equinox56 July 1st, 2021

Hi Heather Can I be tagged also

Siptherealist July 22nd, 2021

You should be

caringHeart8929 September 2nd, 2021

@Heather225

Thank you for the information. I applied on 8/30/21 and was wondering who I contact to check the status of my application.

vivelespatates October 22nd, 2020

@Heather225 Hello, how much hours a week does this program represent as engagement? thank you

@vivelespatates

For someone like you who is already in leadership roles, you'd only be focusing on the coursework, so I would say about 3+ hours a week is necessary to go through the courses within the 2 month timeline.

soulsings October 22nd, 2020

@Heather225 any idea what the weekly number of hours the program takes?

@soulsings

What we've heard is it takes about 3+ hours for students to do the coursework and an extra couple hours a week for the students who are just getting into leadership roles while in this program to work up to the one role requirement to graduate (ex. forum supporter, room supporter, discussion host etc) The time to complete the program is two months.

soulsings October 23rd, 2020

@Heather225 can people in leadership roles already do the coursework as a refresher?

SoulfullyAButterfly October 23rd, 2020

@soulsings Hi Soul, yes - you are welcome to enroll into the Program even if you already have leadership roles. That way, you would be focusing on completing the coursework only.

soulsings October 23rd, 2020

@SoulfullyAButterfly thanks I appreciate your response.

SheLovesCheese October 23rd, 2020

@Heather225

Hi

How to participate? Please let me know in detail as I am a new member & I am yet to learn a lot about it

SweetSurrender2020 November 2nd, 2020

@Heather225

generouswings February 15th, 2021

Thank you. Already applied and looking forward to it😇

SimpleFriend February 18th, 2021

Thank you, I have applied and waiting for a reply. May I know how to check the status of my applicatiion?

CaringBrit February 20th, 2021

@Heather225 will retry this once im ready too I'm doing the content one at the moment

RideaRainbow February 20th, 2021

I have already applied when will I get to know.

Natilee February 26th, 2021

@Heather225

Natilee February 26th, 2021

@Heather225 I didn't mean to send a blank one. My apologies. If I apply now, it would have to be for the 8th, correct?

NityaSpiritualHealer March 5th, 2021

@Heather225

Am looking forward to it, but waiting for my verified listener badge.

Thank you

TessaG April 16th, 2021

Can i be added to the list?

RideaRainbow April 16th, 2021

I pmed u a while ago can u plz respond. 🙏🏻

badvibesforever5780 April 16th, 2021

Hi

joyousHug4511 July 1st, 2021

Happy first of July!

horatiocarterdavis July 31st, 2021

How much time are we looking at to do complete this on a weekly basis including being in chats to be able to do this? What’s included in the course?

navyBeach1535 August 26th, 2021

Yes, I would definitely like to join as a listener.

navyBeach1535 August 26th, 2021

Kindly make me know the process and steps for joining as a listener.

August 26th, 2021

I'm a newbie but I want to apply

Alchemist067 December 16th, 2021

Hi there is the application still open?

lovelyWaterfall2170 February 4th, 2022

Thank you !!

Already applied and looking forward to it😇

Thanks for sharing the opportunity 😊💕

KBeauty12 February 23rd, 2022

A hello to everyone, is this leadership program up and running for this year 2022...

Let me know please and thank you.... I want to take part

FrenchToast February 24th, 2022

@KBeauty12 Yes, it is. Please read the above forum post and then apply via this form (hyperlinked).