Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Living In A Void - ​​​​​​​Open to any replies.

silentbby September 7th, 2019

Dear Diary,

Staring outside the window, I see many things - many beautiful things. I see the way the wind dances with the trees and the flowers swirl around in freedom. I see how the sky is so blue and the way children tumble around on the green grass. Their laughs echo through the air, reaching to everyone with happiness.

But, why do these never reach me?

The wind stops and the air becomes stagnant. It's hard to breathe. Everything becomes blurry through the tears.

I'm living in a void.

I'm living in complete emptiness.

I sit here and the world around me passes by. Why can't I control this? Why can't I get up and be part of it? Why can't I dance with the trees and play with the children?

I am paralysed with my own mind. I am stopped by the dark thoughts seeping in.

I feel so empty.

Maybe I am not living in a void.

Maybe I am a void.

Maybe my mind is.

September 7th, 2019

@silentbby

Simply sitting here and looking outside the window with you.

There is a part of me that resonates so much with what you wrote. I understand the sense of being a void very well. At the same time, I know you cannot be a void, I see you are not a void, I read you are not a void.

With time, I have realised that If I dance with the dark thoughts, they get tired and fall asleep.

silentbby OP September 7th, 2019

@admaiorasemper

I'm glad we can resonate. You are a beautiful human being. People like you pull me out of this void.

September 7th, 2019

@silentbby

Those who see beauty, have light inside them

[--- thank you... ---]

adaptableDragon September 7th, 2019

Beautifully written and also very deeply resonating within me.

Outside of the void, is a bright world that is full of dangers for the careless.

Even being blinded by the light of the world I've come to realize the beauty of protection in this void.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts and reaching me along the way.

@adaptableDragon

I love this idea of protection. So glad I could reach you.

Thank you for reaching back.

inventiveBike19 September 7th, 2019

@silentbby

The wind stops for a bit. It is mesmerised by your mind and the purity of your soul.

The skies look down on you, and embrace you.

The trees and grass, they perform a dance for you.

You are their audience, for who they exist. Without you perceiving them, they are nothing.

Embrace them, the way they are embracing you. Feel them, feel their aura.

Let your assumptions dissolve, that they belong to someone else. They were and always have been created for you...

@inventiveBike19

"You are their audience, for who they exist. Without you perceiving them, they are nothing."

Absolutely beautiful. Thank you.

RarelyCharlie September 7th, 2019

I feel wrong interrupting, but I wanted to tell you all that I think this has become one of the most lovely threads I've ever seen on 7 Cups, after beginning with something like dark and lonely despair. Amazing!

Charlie