Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

In The Gloaming TW *just in case*

mytwistedsoul November 7th, 2019

With the tragic loss of the feed and after much debate and discussion. It's been decided to create a new thread. Soul space so to speak. A journal of sorts.

A place where I can dump some of the nonsense that goes on in my head.

While replies are welcome - they aren't necessary.

mytwistedsoul OP July 18th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Made me cry again. ❤️ I'm sorry that you get it too. I realized you might shortly after I posted my reply and I thought I probably shouldn't have said that. 🍕 and 🍪 for saying you're proud - a part of me wants to plead with you not too be. Another part could give you reasons why this isn't a safe place. Sharing thoughts - feelings and concerns isn't safe here. It gets used against me by people once closest too. They've since apologized but it didn't magically make what was said disappear from inside my head. I wish it did. I really really do because those words didn't help the self hate or negative inner dialogue

The world needs more gentle people like Sun. You're allways so kind and up lifting to everyone you interact with here. Like a balm for people's souls. It's a beautiful thing to see and I'm both honored and grateful to know you and receive your kindness. I'm afraid there isn't enough 🍕 or 🍪 in the world to say how grateful I am ❤️

*big hug* shares 🍦to go with 🍕 and 🍪 ❤️

Sunisshiningandsoareyou August 3rd, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

Ahhh late :') but here 😅

Aw not at all, it's more than okay, you said what you had in mind, and I appreciate you opening up more. ❤

Omigosh people here have used your words against you? :/ (it's terrible for any place, but specially for this one, where everyone can practice more kindness and compassion in general also, being a platform for just the same) I do understand why it is extra hard sharing for you :/ and I'm sorry for the mean experience(s) you had, you do not deserve any of it (nobody ever does). I'm glad they apologized but you're so right, apologies do not magically disappear the hurt. Soul is allowed all the time to let it pass, one meanie thought at a time. We never have to rush through it or take it all at once.

Soul, I'm rather gentle in my approach but I want to "yeet" (😛) the meanie thoughts away, and assure you more that this is your space, and you are allowed to share whatever you need/ want/ have/ like to. I'm sure you've come far since then, and I do see you trying, and again, I'm really proud of you, for trying your best, despite what the not-so-nice experiences have made you to think. You deserve a comfortable, non-judgmental, safe and supportive place for yourself (be it here or elsewhere), and I hope you're able to sneak through one of them as much you'd need to, at a time you want to. More than that though, you deserve being gentle towards yourself as you navigate through these thoughts and more. ❤

Awww that's really heart warming to hear, Soul, I don't have a lot of words to describe how touched I'm feeling hehe, specially with the "Like a balm for people's souls" that's honestly one of the most amazing set of words I've ever read, and that being said for me, is uhhh *melts*. 🤧 Thank*you* for being *you*, honored and grateful equally. ❤

Andddd we gotttaaa do something about that :o sun thrives on pizza 🤭🙈

*noms pizza, icecream and cookies, shares with soul*

*big hugs back* 🤗

mytwistedsoul OP August 9th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Not late at all. We don't work with time constraints here :) ❤️

Tbh - I've been trying to just let it go because it seems sort of stupid to still be stuck on those words for so long. I mean seriously I had to gather as much courage as I could to keep writing about this here. They're just words. Worse has been heard and I'm not trying to upset or hurt this person by continuing to talk about it - I'm really just trying to work through it - it just seems to take me so long to work through things :/ which is beyond frustrating some days

I wish I could yeet them myself. I know its not normal to hold such strong negative emotions towards yourself but I also know alot of people have this trouble too. One day we'll get there - I'm hoping anyway. I don't want to spend the next sixty years feeling this way

It's wonderful to read your words to people. They're so warm and encouraging. I hope that you too get back what you give to others ❤️

So in honor of pizza - cookies and ice cream - I found this! It's called pizookie lol

WGC-Pizzookie-2-copy-768x960.jpg

The sugar rush would be amazing!

Sunisshiningandsoareyou August 16th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

Aww hehe thankyou so much! 😅

It is indeed frustrating to work through difficult feelings and when it seems like it's taking more time than it should, it gets more annoying, however something worth mentioning here is that, there shouldn't be any "should" with working through things or having feelings, it is okay to work with them at your pace. Somethings are better to let go of, since holding onto them just provides more stress and hurt, again, easier said than done, for it's certainly not easy to simply let things go, I hear you're trying to, and that is more than enough for this time. You are certainly not alone, Soul, "just words" too wander deep in our mind sometimes and it gets extremely difficult trying to let go of them, to err is to be a human hehe, to feel is to be a human, it is okay to feel as you do. I hope one for that one day too, we got this hehe!

Aww that's extremely kind of you, many many thanks, it means *soooo* much to me.🤧 ❤Omigosh it looks absolutely tempting Haha, soooo love it, the sugar rush would be amazing indeed lol, thankyou for looking it up, love me a pizzookie! xD *shares with you and nomss*

sunshinegiraffe123 July 14th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

Maybe ill see you in rooms soon?

mytwistedsoul OP July 14th, 2022

@sunshinegiraffe123 Sure! Which one do you usually go to?

sunshinegiraffe123 July 17th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

EIther the support room or positivity support.. sometimes disability support

mytwistedsoul OP July 18th, 2022

@sunshinegiraffe123 I'll check those out and see if I can find you 🙂

mytwistedsoul OP July 19th, 2022

The brahmas are little any more :/ they'll soon be four months old

OyA6p6s.jpg6ou78O1.jpg

H6lNyjx.jpgEZlZZ2f.jpg

9V9tJpX.jpg Hedwig and Tweety

phHodUf.jpgGgkrAl9.jpgUzCzFT3.jpg

finished the book nook. The flowers are a morning glory and the newest lily addition - Nightrider

sunshinegiraffe123 July 20th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

Cool

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 20th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

Wow soul, the Nook looks aesthetic hehe, the animals make it full house aye(?) and lovely flowers. 💜

What's that little something in your palm? 😮🐸

mytwistedsoul OP July 21st, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Just a wee little froggie 😊

emotionalTalker2260 July 20th, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

:0 turtleeeeeeeeee 🐢

@emotionalTalker2260 It didn't want the strawberry 😕😋

emotionalTalker2260 July 21st, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

silly turtle 😶

@emotionalTalker2260 Ikr!? What's wrong with turtles theses days? 😕

@mytwistedsoul

😕😕😕 shove the strawberry in the turtles mouth.. maybe it wants to be force fed 😆 (actually don’t.. just kidding 😭)

sunshinegiraffe123 July 21st, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

Psst.. are you up?

@emotionalTalker2260 lol! First thought was - wow that escalated quickly! 😛

@mytwistedsoul

lollllll 😆

@sunshinegiraffe123 aww sorry I missed you! I took the dog out and went to bed 😕

@mytwistedsoul

are you up now?

@sunshinegiraffe123 yep just doing some chores

What's up?

@mytwistedsoul

can you pop in general support for a few?

@sunshinegiraffe123 Sure :)

@sunshinegiraffe123 Sat there and waited - said you were there but nobody said anything

@mytwistedsoul

Are you able to come into trauma support possibly?

@sunshinegiraffe123 I'll need a few minutes to clean up and dry off but sure I can come in

@mytwistedsoul

ok

sunshinegiraffe123 July 22nd, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

hey are you around

mytwistedsoul OP July 22nd, 2022

@sunshinegiraffe123 I am now :)

sunshinegiraffe123 July 23rd, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

hey

Question - I've been informed that members arent allowed to offer or recieve support from other members. Isn't that the whole purpose of this site?

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 22nd, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

Informed through, Soul? (For instance is there a forum thread or guideline backing this)

I don't think that's correct though, have never heard of this. It's a peer-to-peer space, and you're right, members too supporting each other is allowed (and certainly should be). ❤

What I imagine might be the confusion here, *potentially* would perhaps be about listeners seeking support when they are on their listener account? This is something ofcourse not allowed. To demarcate boundaries between a listener and member account. (They'd need to switch to their member account for personal/ emotional support, yes)

Listener and Member Roles

Community Guidelines

I'd tag a leader who'd back us on this, but since it's your personal thread, I don't want to. ❤ I'll however ask around and communicate, if I can get more information on the same.

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou It was a teen listener. I had replied to a member about how there are alot of understanding and supportive people here and said that I was willing to talk with this person on that thread if they were comfortable with it

The listener said *Hi! It's so nice of you offering to help another member but unfortunately members cannot provide/offer support to another member.*

I can provide a link to the thread if it's ok and you'd like to see it

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 22nd, 2022

@mytwistedsoul Sure 😮

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou https://www.7cups.com/forum/NewbieHub_27/WelcomeIntroductionsto7Cups_1163/Hello_281624/

I mean - I'm not looking to get anyone in trouble and I understand not giving advice but to say no support?

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 23rd, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

I understand Soul, and it's alright, I believe it's okay for misunderstandings to happen, so long we have means to acknowledge it and pass on correct information, that should help.

I reached out to several leaders, the most sorted reply was by midnightRaven999 (a safety ambassador) at 7 cups, and they said what we think so too. Members can indeed support other members, there are no rules on the same. You make a good point about the no-advice thing though, yes, advices aren't allowed whatsoever, but support is more than fine and encouraged too.

Always have appreciated you looking out for everyone, Soul, keep being your kind, caring, supportive self. ❤

Raven by the way, also replied in that thread.

I hope this helps. Do let me know if there's any questions or anything I can help with.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou July 23rd, 2022

@mytwistedsoul

One of the leaders, upon discussion also came up with a fantastic thread, https://www.7cups.com/forum/GroupModZone_168/ParticipantsCorner_2318/MemberMemberInteractionTips_282196/

We might work around more on this together. A topic worth reminding everyone about, I think lol. 😃

mytwistedsoul OP July 25th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou No worries :) It was just so out of the blue - I guess it caught me off guard. That was the first time anyone has ever told me that

Extra 🍕 and 🍪 For reaching out to all the people you did . It does help and sets my mind at ease that I'm not doing anything wrong ❤️