Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Relating - Caring for others in the world

ScorpiaD June 28th

This pretty much explains itself. We know that to relate means to appreciate others, have emphathy and compassion for others, have a certain type of connection to others and have humility for others. 

What are some ways that show how you relate or can relate to others?

Meenakshi29 July 11th

@ScorpiaD

I think in today's world it's Detoriorated... Caring for others is such a beautiful thing one can do.. But people are busy in their own life.... 

So i think doing things for others without them asking for us to do that.. It shows that we do care about them... 

Maslow July 16th

@ScorpiaD By empathising in active ways

Angelanj July 29th

@ScorpiaD Ways I can show others I relate to them are by actively listening to them and validating what they are expressing.

@ScorpiaD

I relate to others by showing empathy, feeling like the other person, and by listening to what the other person has to say.

Paul07 August 19th

@ScorpiaD

I think that through actively listening, showing empathy, and being open-minded are key ways I relate to others.

By truly listening and understanding their perspectives, I feel like its easier to connect to others at a more personal level :) 

Hermionetps August 25th

@ScorpiaD although there are so many on appreciation but every single one is different

Robbin77 September 4th

I am neurodivergent and often share stories that make me feel connected to somebody as a way of relation. I struggle with this tendency as it can often times come off as self-involved or redirecting the conversation.

With this, there is certainly still a time and place for sharing common experiences and it can be a really beautiful conversation when it happens. Along with this, random acts of kindness can be one of the deepest ways to relate to another human being. We all long for care and kindness.