Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What I've learnt about the inner compass

violetdreamer07 May 24th

Hey Everyone!

First of all I just want to say that I really enjoyed going through the IDG path.

I think learning about the inner compass helped me realise that the things that really matter to you are what help to drive how you contribute to the world. I think this might determine the kind of career you choose because a specific career or vocation might correspond to a specific value/way of making a difference. I think the inner compass then is also what helps us to maintain integrity and authenticity because following values that we feel connected to allows us to live in a way that we feel is true to ourselves. 

I feel that this really links to the significance of diversity. I've found that the different people in my live have different things that guide their inner compasses. Some enjoy helping people while other might want to spread a love for music and creativity. Because people have different things driving them and different purposes they are drawn towards doing different things. I think this is really important in a growing and developing world because we have people with different purposes contributing towards different forms of growth which makes development more holistic. 

I hope that made sense but anyways here are the questions:

1) What do you think your purpose is/what drives you?

2) How important do you find the inner compass in your life?

YourShouder03 May 26th

@violetdreamer07 Great post <3

1) I think my purpose is to simply spread goodness in a world full of chaos and uncertainty. My life began quite unstable and full of hardship. However, we can either become a slave to our past or grow with it. I've since been determined to become a psychologist and currently on the path to being one. The hardships became the very seeds I needed to develop my passion in understanding others and to help foster their growth 

violetdreamer07 OP May 27th

@YourShouder03 That is really lovely to hear!!

YourShouder03 May 26th

@violetdreamer07 

2) I think its so important! Its special how we each have a unique compass that paves our path. Its a reminder that every being is valuable for the betterment of society and ourselves

Renjik8013 May 27th

@violetdreamer07

Thank you for sharing your insights! I feel like my purpose is perhaps to empower others and contribute back to my community. I'm motivated by the passion to connect with others and support the people who helped me before! 

violetdreamer07 OP May 27th

@Renjik8013 That's so nice to hear

wishfulForest1871 June 29th

@violetdreamer07

1) What do you think your purpose is/what drives you?

I believe my purpose is to continuously learn and grow while making a positive impact on others. What drives me is a combination of curiosity and a desire to contribute meaningfully to the world around me. Whether it's through learning new things, helping others through my work, or simply striving to be a better person, these elements fuel my sense of purpose.

2) How important do you find the inner compass in your life?

My inner compass is incredibly important as it guides my decisions and actions based on my core values and principles. It helps me stay true to myself, navigate challenges with integrity, and maintain a sense of direction in both personal and professional aspects of life. By aligning my choices with what matters most to me—like empathy, growth, and authenticity—I find greater fulfillment and clarity in my journey.

seaturtle54 July 31st

@violetdreamer07

1. I'm not exactly sure what my purpose is but I feel like it's to help people get through challenging times. In the past I've struggled with feeling alone when I'm going through hard things, but I feel like I've improved a lot on that front and I want to help others do the same.

2. I find my inner compass very important! It helps me decide what feels right and wrong, and if I ever do anything I knew was wrong I immediately feel my inner compass telling me so.

BeesOnFlowers Thursday

@violetdreamer07

I believe my purpose is to gather experiences in life and share with others while listening to their's. I think it's so important to build a community that values one another and enjoys each other's opinions and experiences. It's the one thing we are all guaranteed in life- the experience of living.