Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Translation Project: 2020 Revival

Heather225 February 27th, 2020

Hi, everyone!

Its been a while since we last worked on the Translation Project, but I am pleased to announce that we are in a place where we can revive it!

In the past, we had translated the app into a variety of languages. We are an international community and we are always looking to bring 7 Cups to more people around the world. We really need your help, so that we can reach as many people as possible. If you are free to help support our translation efforts, please join in and sign up! We are looking for dedicated volunteers to help with this project!

When you sign up to help translate you get:

- Translator badge (formerly Emissary badge)
- Access to special cheers events for hard work on translations
- The ability to bring 7 Cups to someone new (MANY someones)

To participate you must:

- Have an active 7 Cups account for at least 3 months and in good standing (listeners and members both welcome!)
- Be fluent in another language
- Be ready to change the world
- Have an active email address (this is our primary form of communication!)

We'd like to target the below languages, but we accept all interest in ANY language!

------> Spanish

------> Portuguese

------> Chinese Simplified

------> Chinese Tradition

------> Hindi

Want to help us do great things worldwide? Fill out the form to join the translation project >here<!! (clicking the word here will lead you to the application page)

For further questions please PM @SoulfullyAButterfly (Translation Project Coordinator)

Edited by @SoulfullyAButterfly 6/19/2020

AnnGoodHeart1 April 25th, 2020

I could help with Polish (native) & Spanish (almost like native, very fluent). I'm a professional translator, this has been my job for 10 years. However, I don't meet the 3 months criterion :( Any ideas? I don't need badges or anything. I would just like to help.

Shirley7Cups April 26th, 2020

@AnnGoodHeart1 I think you can pm @SoulfullyAButterfly directly because she is our coordinator

SoulfullyAButterfly April 26th, 2020

@AnnGoodHeart1 Hi, I would love to consider your application - please fill up the form! Thanks

lavenderFriend5609 April 27th, 2020

@Heather225 It'll be amazing to help out with Hindi.

Shirley7Cups April 27th, 2020

@lavenderFriend5609 that's glad to hear! feel free to apply to be a translator

smarthappy6361 April 27th, 2020

Hi everyone so I was accepted but when I went on POEditor I didn't understand how to use it. If someone could PM or reply telling me the works that'd be helpful

(If you need to know the languages they are french, portugese, polish and italian)

SoulfullyAButterfly April 27th, 2020

@smarthappy6361 will PM

Littledeer88 April 29th, 2020

Where can we pick up these translation projects? Also, how does it count towards volunteer hours?

SoulfullyAButterfly April 30th, 2020

@Littledeer88 Hi, you can fill up the form and we will get back to you through email and explain the process. Your volunteering will be appreciated through things like the Translator Badge and other awards/acknowledgement.

Littledeer88 May 1st, 2020

@SoulfullyAButterfly I already filled out the application, gotten approved, and received the badge. Where can I pick up any projects to work on and are there any guidelines on how to log this as volunteer hours?

SoulfullyAButterfly May 1st, 2020

@Littledeer88 your email should have detailed instructions

KindRaven123 April 30th, 2020

@Heather225
Hello, I would love to help in translation, I actually love translation!
I'm from Portugal and it is my mother language but I am able to translate english into Portuguese rather easily.
I have an active email, time and motivation to help in this great cause!
Also I've been here for years now as a member and listener.

Shirley7Cups April 30th, 2020

Feel free to apply to be a translator @KindRaven123

KindRaven123 May 2nd, 2020

@Shirley7Cups
Already did.

Shirley7Cups May 2nd, 2020

@KindRaven123 glad to hear

Kittyluting22 May 4th, 2020

I'm happy to apply to be a translator. I'm a native Chinese, (Mandarin) and living in the UK currently.
Let me know how I can get involved please.

My registration email is kittyltsmith@gmail.com

Thanks Kitty

SoulfullyAButterfly May 4th, 2020

@Kittyluting22 please fill in the application form >>HERE<<

politeParadise May 5th, 2020

Greek is my first language, if you need me. So many responses, it's touching. 😊

Shirley7Cups May 5th, 2020

@politeParadise thats glad to hear, please apply to be a translator

immortalsprings May 8th, 2020

@Heather225

Dear Heather,

I am a senior student in the Department of Foreign languages and Literature working on an internship in translation this summer with a physical job training at a court. I do not mind translating the instructions here to Arabic, my first language. Arabic is a very complex language with a lot of delicate structures. However, It would be a pleasure since perhaps, and I'd be able to attach them to my CV. If you are interested in my offer, feel free to message me on here, and I will send you my active work email. I am also capable of providing evidence that I am in fact, a translator in training.

Thank you in advance.

Best regards,
Shay A.

The only problem is that my account is new and I would have to wait for three months to apply. :)

SoulfullyAButterfly May 8th, 2020

@immortalsprings Hi there, I'm the Translations Project Coordinator. I would love to onboard you on the team - we can make exceptions about that 3 month rule at times. As for something for your CV, I could create a certificate acknowledging your work. Your enthusiasm for being a translator is awesome, and I wish you all the best!

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Wonderful! I can't wait to get started. :)

Shirley7Cups May 8th, 2020

@immortalsprings we look forward to seeing you in the team soon!

magicallyVoice17 May 8th, 2020

@Heather225 I'd happy to translate in italian!!!

SoulfullyAButterfly May 9th, 2020

@magicallyVoice17 please fill in the application form >>HERE<<

Mirtle May 9th, 2020

Italian here, I'd happy to help with translations into Italian!

SoulfullyAButterfly May 9th, 2020

@Mirtle please fill in the application form >>HERE<<

immortalsprings May 9th, 2020

@heather225

I am bilingual (excluding sign language). I am legally prepared to translate or interpret.

Since I am officially registered for the practicum in translation course at my university, my internship professor says I can choose any location (physical or electronic) that accepts me as a trainee. I just need to provide an official letter or certificate from 7 cups stating they are ready to accept my help in translating texts from English/Arabic or vice versa so that he can approve of my request.

SoulfullyAButterfly May 12th, 2020

@immortalsprings Hiya, I accepted your application yesterday so you should have my emails. Please PM me if you require any further support

Atharvathehelper May 12th, 2020

@Heather225 I can do Hindi translation

Shirley7Cups May 12th, 2020

@Atharvathehelper please fill in the application form >>HERE<<

HeylelCye May 12th, 2020

@Heather225 I'm a Mongolian, would love to help if needed.

Shirley7Cups May 12th, 2020

@HeylelCye please fill in the application form >>HERE<<

braveOcean5158 May 13th, 2020

@Heather225 I can help for French if needed :)

SoulfullyAButterfly May 13th, 2020

@braveOcean5158 please fill in the application form >>HERE<<

BookChunky May 13th, 2020

hey there,

I applied to become a part of this project 2-3 weeks ago but never heard back! Looking forward to helping and maybe someone could help me.

Shirley7Cups May 13th, 2020

@BookChunky hi you can pm @SoulfullyAButterfly

SoulfullyAButterfly May 14th, 2020

@BookChunky Hi, I see your application and will be processing it soon - we have had lots of applications so that is probably why you are still waiting, but I'll make sure to onboard you today.

Shirley7Cups May 14th, 2020

@SoulfullyAButterfly thanks for answering