Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Translation Project: 2020 Revival

Heather225 February 27th, 2020

Hi, everyone!

Its been a while since we last worked on the Translation Project, but I am pleased to announce that we are in a place where we can revive it!

In the past, we had translated the app into a variety of languages. We are an international community and we are always looking to bring 7 Cups to more people around the world. We really need your help, so that we can reach as many people as possible. If you are free to help support our translation efforts, please join in and sign up! We are looking for dedicated volunteers to help with this project!

When you sign up to help translate you get:

- Translator badge (formerly Emissary badge)
- Access to special cheers events for hard work on translations
- The ability to bring 7 Cups to someone new (MANY someones)

To participate you must:

- Have an active 7 Cups account for at least 3 months and in good standing (listeners and members both welcome!)
- Be fluent in another language
- Be ready to change the world
- Have an active email address (this is our primary form of communication!)

We'd like to target the below languages, but we accept all interest in ANY language!

------> Spanish

------> Portuguese

------> Chinese Simplified

------> Chinese Tradition

------> Hindi

Want to help us do great things worldwide? Fill out the form to join the translation project >here<!! (clicking the word here will lead you to the application page)

For further questions please PM @SoulfullyAButterfly (Translation Project Coordinator)

Edited by @SoulfullyAButterfly 6/19/2020

Traveller8 March 26th, 2020

@Shirley7Cups

I'd fill the application a few days ago Shirly. Havn't heard anything so far

Shirley7Cups March 26th, 2020

@Traveller8 the admin may be so busy recently, so you have to wait some time. thanks for your time!

Blissfulpresence March 19th, 2020

I would love to participate. I can translate into Hindi.

@Blissfulpresence that's good to hear! feel free to apply to be a translator

GettingUp March 19th, 2020

I can help with translating to Slovak if intrested :)

@GettingUp that would be a good idea. feel free to apply to be a translator and write your language down in the form. and the admin will consider it

GlenM March 19th, 2020

I'd like to give a HUGE shout out to @Shirley7Cups. She is working with a team to translate 3 languages and making enormous progress. Thank you, Shirley for these efforts!

Shirley7Cups March 19th, 2020

@GlenM Thanks!!!

erehdneirfa April 27th, 2020

@GlenM I speak 3 languages too but I can't help because I haven't been contacted

tranquilWatermelon2280 March 20th, 2020

I speak both Arabic and French and I am available to help ☺️

Shirley7Cups March 23rd, 2020

@tranquilWatermelon2280 that's good to hear! I believe you can make a huge change in 7cups

tranquilWatermelon2280 March 25th, 2020

@Shirley7Cups thank you and I really hope so

Bahasa Melayu/Indonesian is my mother tongue and I would be glad to help with translations!

@Iloveuplsdontthinklowofurself that's glad to hear

LeMatinBlanc March 21st, 2020

Russian is my mother tongue + fluent in Korean.

Will be happy to help!

@LeMatinBlanc I look forgard to seeing you in the team soon

bubbleApple777 March 21st, 2020

My main language is Turkish and I'm experienced in translation eng to tr. I'd be happy to help

@bubbleApple777 good to hear!

Catrixx March 21st, 2020

Romanian here - I would totally help because we have so little support in our country that this would be so helpfull to exist.

@Catrixx that's good to hear! if 7cups has your first language, it will help the people who are in your country using 7cups to seek for support

semifrog March 22nd, 2020

I am bilingual in French and English. I can help with translations into French!

@semifrog that's good to hear! I look forgard to seeing you soon in the translation project

semifrog March 26th, 2020

@Shirley7Cups great!!! Let me know!

Beyourself90 March 22nd, 2020

Hi everyone I'm new a new 7cups listener . I am a native polish speaker so if that would help let me know ! I am also studying to teach English to foreign languages and I can see transferable skills there into translation and breaking communication barriers

@Beyourself90 that's great! Feel free to apply for being a translator! we are looking forgard to seeing you soon

SunnyGhost March 23rd, 2020

Portuguese is my mother language, and I would love to help! We, Brazilians, do not have much support for emotional help. Translated 7cups would be great here.

@SunnyGhost723 that's good! Feel free to join us! we can help more people in the world

Julie0300 March 24th, 2020

My second language is spanish and I would love to help

Shirley7Cups March 24th, 2020

@Julie3030 that's good to hear! feel free to apply for being a translator

andreitabonita March 24th, 2020

I speak fluent Spanish and have translation experience. In my culture seeking mental health help is frowned upon and I'm committed to challenging that.

@andreitabonita That's good to hear! your help is so helpful! feel free to apply for being a translator

TheAAwan March 24th, 2020

Hi! I'm a bilingual English and Polish speaker (English is my first language) and I'm happy to help translate either way!

@TheAAwan sure! feel free to apply for being a translator

TheAAwan March 24th, 2020

@Shirley7Cups I've just reread the original post, is it OK if I wait a few months to apply? Will it still be going?

Shirley7Cups March 25th, 2020

@TheAAwan it's up to you! and I think the team will still run

trachea2 March 24th, 2020

If you are intrested in doing Finnish translations at any point, please feel free to contact me. I have done professional translations for years and I am a native speaker of Finnish aswell as very proficient in English.

@trachea2 Thank you for showing your interest! I think you can write Finnish down in the form directly, and the admin will see and maybe they will add Finnish

Sunnychord6 March 25th, 2020

Native Swede here! I'm able to help translate to Swedish if needed :)

Shirley7Cups March 25th, 2020

@Sunnychord6 feel free to apply for being a translator and write your lagnuage down in others

Listeningsarinn March 25th, 2020

@Heather225 when will other languages be added?? *-* if we subscribed the form and ticked another language (nt the ones listed on this post) will we be notified when the project starts for our language?? @-@