Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Please Help me Dog Owners šŸ¾

calmmoon2104 May 24th

Hello everyone, I have just got a Labrador retriever puppy and she is 4 months old. Now, we are potty training her and after bringing her home she pooped and peed here and there all over the house. My dad and mom haveĀ  been trying really hard to get her to pee and poop in the toilet, but it's really difficult. It's been two days and it's... Disturbing me a lot, I mean their way of training her and it's kind of annoying to them that she is not listening much..

Also, from yesterday I am getting bad nightmares out of nowhere, and I don't know how to handle this. Please help me and tell me any good ways by which you all trained your dogs. Also I have no roof and no backyard and can't take her out on the road right now.

mytwistedsoul May 24th

@calmmoon2104 Congratulations on the new puppy! It does take time for them to get house broken and with not having a yard that you can take her to that does make it harder. Labs can get pretty big and have a lot of energy so I hope that your parents knew what they were getting into with her

There's a bunch of things out there for people who live in apartments or don't have easy access to a yard for them to do their business. You could try piddle pads or something like this -Ā https://www.chewy.com/zorbipad-connectable-indoor-grass-dog/dp/785574?utm_source=google-product&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=20199734535&utm_content=&gad_source=1&gclid=CjwKCAjw9cCyBhBzEiwAJTUWNf8aK4utGjvrNihmnytxXGBoiFcxfmABBSCrvXpERK-GOGyJRop1AxoCdGgQAvD_BwE
The piddle pads are disposable but the other one can be hosed off so you would get lots of use out of it. You should be able to get them through Amazon or some places similarĀ 
I hope things start to get better with her and that you're nightmares stop when she starts getting more house brokenĀ 
MistyMagic May 29th

@calmmoon2104Ā  How did the weekend go? I know how hard it can be to train a dog, it takes patience and time and kindness. I hope it goes well for you all.

Ā 

Listening - One Step At A Time!

AnnaSilverberg July 14th

@calmmoon2104

gokacik-gok.gif

Congratulations on your new puppy, CalmĀ šŸ¶

With such a young puppy it can be helpful to use a puppy pad asĀ 
Twisted mentioned in another comment here aboveĀ šŸ¤—Ā 
Especially since you don't have a direct access to a garden.Ā 

Potty training takes a lot of patience and since the pup is only 4 months old,
they aren't really good at holding it.Ā 

Puppies have such a small bladder and they aren't really fully aware of when