Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Dreams

MidniteAngel August 4th, 2015

<< Share Your Dreams Here >>

"A single dream is more powerful than 1000 realities"

Dreams act as a projection of your subconscious mind. Use this space to talk about what you dream about at night whether they be good or bad. Feel free to express yourself here.

MidniteAngel OP August 4th, 2015

@KnighTerrAin @NataliaNectarine @NewRomantic677

There you guys go! Got you all the dream forum you've been talking about.

NewRomantic677 August 5th, 2015

Yayy !! @MidniteAngel

NataliaNectarine August 4th, 2015

Yay! Thanks a bunch! :)

PeachWolf August 4th, 2015

Once I dreamed that my grandmother was in the hospital and was sick. .1 month later she started having a stronger pain in her bck/shoulder/arm.. a month after that she went to the hospital and ass holes doctors gave her a wrong injection and she passed away. (In january)

KnighTerrAin August 4th, 2015

I gasped and sighed at the same time. It was like having a hiccup while holding in a burp.sorry for your loss. The universe is an infinitely strange formation of sequences that overlap and twist and tie. While staying in line. Somehow somewhere. People are on the other end of it. And they experience what we do too. So those who aren't with us are in the wind. Behind the stars. Looking through the sky. Turning and burning the sun. Nothing ever dies. Life goes on

PeachWolf August 9th, 2015

thank you for this beautiful reply !

MidniteAngel OP August 5th, 2015

@PeachWolf

I am so sorry for your loss, it must be very difficult for you. If you ever need someone to talk to always feel free to send one of our wonderful listeners a message. My link is below.

https://www.7cups.com/@MidniteAngel

PeachWolf August 9th, 2015

Thank You Angelheart
I will sure do !

Happy that you cared about my dream and reality xx
i'll keep you in my mind for the next listener i will talk to,
All the love,
M.

I haven't talked about it but I guess I was dreaming of it :)

Platypus with duck feet

I have a dream where I ask the dentist to pull out my teeth with fillings in them. I think it's happened twice now. At the end an old coping companion and friend asks me if I want a whiskey. After they broke the wrong tooth and I spent a long time spitting blood into their nice dentist sink. Very odd. I don't know what my subconscious is on

Uhh I had a dream where I spent ages with someone I've never met. And they didn't look at all like I've ever seen them. And we walked around everywhere talked about nonsense that I can't remember. It was like watching a silent movie and only paying attention to the words

Elinxs27 August 4th, 2015

I read somewhere that in your dreams, the faces we don't recognize are the ones of real people we've seen in real life, but didn't take it into significance

I also had a dream where I was behind a screen

KoiFish August 4th, 2015

I constantly have dreams in which I'm searching for something or someone. It's never anything superb or extraordinary. It's small like a hairbrush or something, but I'll go through my entire dream trying to find this hairbrush meeting many people along the journey and end up waking up before I do find it. It aggravates me to not find that closure or that satisfaction of completing the goal. broken heart

I think your subconscious is trying to tell you it's not the destination it's how you get there

KoiFish August 4th, 2015

@KnighTerrAin I like that interpretation and that is something I need to work on in my personal life

KnighTerrAin August 5th, 2015

Find something? Don't misplace things? Don't worry about the little misses? Can't find everything? Pay attention to what's around you not what's not?

doublerainbow August 4th, 2015

I had a nightmare recently that I was talking with my family, mostly my mom & sister. We were laughing, then all of a sudden my mom said "Go away, you weirdo." And in the dream I realized they were laughing at me. The dream makes sense since I have pretty bad social anxiety, but I've been starting to recover.

Elinxs27 August 4th, 2015

Haha basically rl for me tbh

@doublerainbow

But you're getting stronger with every step you take. Your family and friends will always love you, no matter what. And your friends here at 7 Cups will support you along the way. Don't ever hesitate to speak out or seek help, every individual is worth the world to us.

zwtn079 August 5th, 2015

Does anyone here never see faces when they dream? Like, they know who the person is but they never see the face just body clothes etc? It's so odd to me, perhaps faces and emotions are too complicated for my dream brain to handle :P

Miimii0318 August 5th, 2015

Yes I have experienced dreams when I was unable to see there faces. I didn't know them in my situation but my spouse did..smh

@zwtn079 What a unique phenomenon! I've never heard of that, it sounds quite interesting though. Do you ever get surprised or shocked to see these faceless people in your dreams?

zwtn079 August 10th, 2015

It is normal to me now :) not at all surpised,it's just as if nothing was put of the ordinary aha

SkyUnicorn August 5th, 2015

I dreamed of an acquaintance committing suicide, which kind of disturbed me. I googled it and apparently dreaming of death means that you are going through great change and growth in your life, and dreaming of suicide means that you're changing so much (especially during recovery) that the old you has to "die". I felt better after reading that, but I wonder why I was dreaming of someone I barely know rather than myself...

PaperGirl5 August 5th, 2015

I had a dream about a future in the career of my dreams( haha). I was successful and happy in my profession with a loving husband by my side. This dream came during a rather stressful time in my life so it seemed like the dream was a sign that everything would be okay eventually. To keep the faith:)

I hate dreams..in many occasions they came true. More I guess of a warning. Example in the past if I had a dream of a girl or woman never saw the face but hair,voice,skin tone etc. A few days after I would find something out. So it got to the point I dream I would tell him I had a dream so tell me know before I find out. Of course he denied but I found out. Last one was I had a dream he got this young girl he was cheating on me with pregnant and it was a girl. I just kept warning him about my dream for 2mths he says I'm crazy. Ok, then 1 wk after 1 had my third son I got a call from her sister that she was 6mths pregnant he was the father and it was going to be a girl. Smh..idk.. even if I dream of dark or dirty water it means we are going to fight. I guessing the unclear dirty water symbolize problems. That's what happens to me

MsJamison August 5th, 2015

Wow, I wonder if it's your subconscious that is picking up on cues that your heart and mind ignore... And then they manifest in your dreams? I think that some people are more sensitive and aware of non verbal things that take place. I've been told I'm sensitive but, looking back, I think the signs were always there. I have these to a much smaller, less critical, degree. I have what I call commercials in my dreams. It breaks from the real dream for a 30-45 second spot that shows me a scenario happening. Within a few days, it happens. All meaningless things though - just lots of deja vu. Because mine don't affect my well being, I've learned to enjoy them. Obviously I would feel differently in your shoes.

So you experience it too. It was at a point I didn't want to sleep not knowing what I might dream of..it's a pain at times. But I think it's gotten better since I try to think of other things but if I'm stressed definitely it happens.

Yes, it happens to me often. However, only occasionally does it end up actually applying to my personal life. When I had a bad BF, I used to have dreams similar to yours all the time. I always had a feeling he was doing something but was trying to trust him. Eventually, he got caught and those ended. I think your brain is designed to protect you. In some cases, you block traumatic experiences. In other cases, I believe that you're given signs. I'm not saying trust every single dream. Not at all. I guess I'm saying trust your gut. I sometimes have to force myself to have a difficult conversation in my head.... Is this right? Would I treat someone this way? Would I want someone to treat me this way? Have they shown me the respect I deserve? In most cases, I know the answer to the question but it's sometimes an ugly difficult pill to swallow. I just say to myself, know your value/worth.

Your right

Easier said than done. I get it. Stay strong Miimii. You deserve to be happy. We all do.

Well here's one dream my friend told me about last year.

She says it begins with a blank white space and 1 solid red line.

Eventually she begins to feel an emotion - let's say it's happiness. The line acts almost like a heart beat monitor, and responds to the emotion.

____________________________/\___/\___/\____/\______________________________

But eventually more and more emotions invade the space and the line can not handle it. It begins to spike, knot and become a chaotic mess until finally filling up the entire space.

The intensity of all the emotions are so real - fear,anger, sadness, anxiety. When everything goes red, it symbolizes the hear and soul becoming overwhelmed and you wake up suddenly. She said this simplistic red line was the most terrifying dream she has every experienced.

That's intriguing. That actually makes me feel setter about being slightly terrified of the evil platypus with duck feet

NataliaNectarine August 5th, 2015

Weird dream alert.

I had a very strange dream a few months ago. I dreamed that my mother went out of the house to see my brother and she instructed me to cook spinach while she was gone. I suddenly felt so sleepy and I fell asleep in the kitchen, completely forgetting about the spinach. Then, while asleep, I had a dream (double dream, yay!) of my late dad as an old man (impossible, as he was 34 when he died) gardening. I talked to him about some things I can't remember, and he told me:"If you made different choices while there was still time, you would be somewhere else now." Then I woke up (still dreaming) in the kitchen and realized that I didn't prepare the spinach and that mother is going to be mad. I quickly started washing the leaves as she came in. She was laughing (very unusual). Then I woke up.

@NataliaNectarine - So inception is real

What an interesting dream, do you think it means something? It's a good philosophy to live by - To Change the Future you must Change the Present.

NataliaNectarine August 5th, 2015

Well, I really never thought of it that way. It's just a strange dream, I don't know if it has a meaning or not.

When I used to go to school I'd have dreams where I'd wake up and get ready and loads of stuff would happen then I'd wake up again and get ready and loads of stuff would happen all the meanwhile I was actually getting woke up but going back to sleep. So it just became this confusing mess of me thinking I was already up then either waking up or going back to sleep. All while being stuck in loop of getting ready for school.and when I finally got to school my brain was soup and I was really Confused

I was really late very often