Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

EmbStitcher33's Hobby Journal

EmbStitcher33 August 17th, 2022

Been thinking about this for a while. One of the hobbies I have is obvious. I love to embroider. For me now, it's machine embroidery. I have a Brother PE800 so I can make designs up to 5 x 7. There are many, many machines out there to choose from. This is the one I use. Yeah, I would love to get one that does bigger designs but they start at about $1200 or more. So, I'll stick with this one for now. My hope is maybe I can get into this a little more and go sell my designs at flea markets or local craft fairs. It's been just to hot to sit out in the sun these last couple of months. Don't want to make a lot of money, just want to make enough to buy a machine that will do 6 x 10 or bigger designs. NOPE, can't give you any ideas about who I am or where I sell. All you can do here is PUSH ME to keep going. [I like the anonymity. It protects us all.]

I have done some designs with lettering... here's one...

_1660732968.dirty dishes.jpg

I like the idea of accountability! I will post most of the designs that I finish here... well, at least the ones that turn out Then again, maybe even some of the flops to get ideas from any of you who might have some ideas.

One of my latest projects was for my little sister's wedding vow renewal ceremony coming up this next weekend. No, can't go but I absolutely let her know how much I love her and how happy I am for both of them with the things I made and sent her. All in all... I came pretty close to half a million stitches for them...lol 😜

Here's the first one I sent her:

_1660730672.Lon and Vickie sm.png

So proud of that one. Purple is my little sister's favorite color. And I sent her these...

_1660730741.IMG_9239.JPG

There were more like this... 6 in all. Plus I made her a wedding cake pincushion:

_1660731038.image.png

Yup, purple again... lol. When she opened up the last pkg I sent her, she let me watch her do it online. It was so cool to see her reaction.

My BIGGEST challenge with this hobby I must confess is making good on a huge investment that I'm making monthly payments on. I bought digitizing software. I bought all but the highest level of this software starting last year. A few months ago I decided to take the plunge and get the last/highest level. I've got 3 more monthly payments to go. It's a 600 dollar investment just for this level so I'm turning to you guys to make me stick with my original goal to make my own designs.

The funny thing is... I'm sitting here with this wonderful program, and I bought a good book, plus I have online tutorials also that I can do FREE. Darn if I'm not overwhelmed and sitting here like a deer in headlights... lmbo... 😭 πŸ˜‚πŸ˜πŸ˜πŸ˜œ

I have wonderful talent. I can do this. I just have to get OVER MYSELF and just DO IT!! So, I'm looking for some people here to help me stick to this wonderful hobby... I've done some wonderful things in the past. It will mean I will have to dust off my drawing skills, (I have some how to's for that too). In high school I made this awesome foot vase... I got an A-. When I asked the teacher why the minus, he said looking at it made him wonder where the rest of him was...lol. It was really a well done foot in white. Everybody in class loved it.

I have other hobbies too that I use to take a break from my machine embroidery. Photography is one. I have a super nice Canon 60D. I've had other SLRs but we got this one when the stimulus checks were being sent out. I also am an amateur radio operator. I can't give you my handle cause you can look up my exact location online with it. The reason behind that is because in a natural disaster, you can be called up to help out. I've done a lot of weather spotting in the past. Not sure how much I want to do now since we've moved, but it's something I can do if I want to.

I also have a Cricut and a Brother Scan n Cut. These are for paper crafts. My Cricut can cut fabric, leather and some thin wood. They've been on my shelf for about a year now. I could use them to cut out appliques for my embroidery. Will see. Here's a picture of some paper flowers that I made in 2020:

_1660732290.image.png

I also like to grow herbs and flowers... use to have 2 community garden plots when we lived in Wisconsin. I LOVED that garden. I'll post some pictures now and then to show you. I was proud of myself for the times I went there with our beach umbrella and spent hours weeding the paths for the garden. I made sure that the first path people saw coming into the garden was tidy. I miss it so much.

I also like to take my pictures and make graphics with quotes to bring a smile, encourage or support people. You'll see some of my graphics in the affirmation thread here somewhere. I know I've posted this one place before, but maybe for the purpose of showing it as one of my hobbies... you will indulge me... here's one of my most resents:

_1660732657.dreams in heart.jpg

I also crochet and for years I did cross-stitch. I have this one pattern I'm trying to conquer...lol. Yeah, that's how it feels. Maybe some of you can give me some tips on how to read this pattern. It's an amazing octopus I would love to make for my granddaughters. I'll post a picture of it later...

So, there you go. This is the start of my hobby journal. I'm looking forward to who I can share 'mutual inspiration' with!!

I'll leave you with one more design that I did that I hope will make you smile:

_1660733052.butt nuggets.jpg

slowdecline48 October 21st, 2022

You are amazingly productive...a solid photographer on top of that. Kudos.

slowdecline48 October 25th, 2022

πŸ˜‚ That last one is classic!...

slowdecline48 October 25th, 2022

"Farm-fresh butt nuggets"!...*lmao*

EmbStitcher33 OP November 1st, 2022

@slowdecline48

Thank you so much for your inspirational comments!! Makes me want to keep taking more 😊

Haven't gone out there in the winter. I'll have to check that out later this year. I want to see how the trees change in appearance over time.

Again.... your kind comments warm my heart. Thank you.

GoldenNest2727 November 2nd, 2022

@EmbStitcher33

You're so incredibly talented, Emb. Have you ever thought about entering a local contest/fair/event?

ThisCrazyLife77 November 2nd, 2022

@EmbStitcher33

beautiful. thankbyou for the incredible visuals.....

just visited Wisconsin....

#biglove tcl

EmbStitcher33 OP November 3rd, 2022

Took some pictures of the trees from my back yard...

_1667515331.IMG_0572.JPG

EmbStitcher33 OP November 3rd, 2022

_1667515633.Tree Back Yard 02.png

@EmbStitcher33 I hope to start sewing soon.

EmbStitcher33 OP November 24th, 2022

Here's some more stitch outs I've done lately...

_1669267421.1000000064.jpg

_1669267436.1000000065.jpg

_1669267518.1000000066.jpg

The last one turned out a bit blurry but you can get the idea... wanted to show the color...

EmbStitcher33 OP December 17th, 2022

ah... I did save the link. It's hard to go on the 7 cups site and find these journals... anyway.

Here's what I'm working on right now...

_1671316556.0 Snowflake 1.png

_1671316575.0 Snowflake 2.png

_1671316592.0 Snowflake 3.png

slowdecline48 December 18th, 2022

@EmbStitcher33 It was easier to find our hobby journals before the most recent "update"...if you want to call it an update.

MistyMagic December 19th, 2022

@slowdecline48 Yes, but the updates are not finished there will be easier ways soon. for now using the browser look at the right hand side and there is a tab there saying Hobby Journals,

Listening - One Step At A Time!

slowdecline48 December 18th, 2022

Now you have a winter wonderland going on in here! Excellent...

butterlycow January 1st, 2023

@EmbStitcher33 happy new year! beautiful embroidery, I love snowflakes!