Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Photos of plant life

PatienceImpatiens November 25th, 2022

This thread is for photos of plant life, for the plant lovers.

purpleTree4652 August 21st, 2023

@PatienceImpatiens

Hi, Pat,

How are you doing?

PatienceImpatiens OP August 21st, 2023

Hey, Beautiful Water Lily!

Thanks for asking! I can’t complain. Life goes on! How are you doing? We should chat sometime!

Take care!

Pat

purpleTree4652 August 21st, 2023

@PatienceImpatiens

Pat the Lion! :)

I'm hanging in there. Good things but lots going on--mostly good.

I'd love to chat sometime. Are you still doing that?

--Dawna

PatienceImpatiens OP August 22nd, 2023

@purpleTree4652

Beautiful Water Lilly,

You were probably looking for my Listener chat, but my name is different now. I tried clicking on your name from my Listener account but you have the setting for Listeners to contact you turned off. I'd prefer not to say my Listener name here because it's a public forum. If you'd like me to contact you through Listener account them please change that setting temporarily, and I'll contact you.

Otherwise, we can talk here and that's fine with me too.

Kindly,

Patience

purpleTree4652 August 22nd, 2023

@PatienceImpatiens

Oh, ok. Yes, I'll change it to let listeners contact me. I'd love to hear from you there.

WorkingitThrough2 September 24th, 2023

@PatienceImpatiens

The flowers are so beautiful❤️thanks for sharing them with us,

Here is a picture of a pineapple that I bought. I cut the top off and grew a whole new pineapple😂

image_1695585246.png

PatienceImpatiens OP September 25th, 2023

@WorkingitThrough2

That's a cool idea! It looks very healthy. I wonder if it will grow a trunk and pineapples, or does the pineapple re grow under the earth. I guess that's something else to look up, because I never really thought about it before.

Lol, once I rescued a palm tree someone my family had thrown out and rooted the one branch, and now it's this flourishing branch lol. With no other branches. It's hitting the ceiling now lol. I don't think my relative remembers they threw it out.

WorkingitThrough2 September 25th, 2023

@PatienceImpatiens

Wow, I have always wanted a palm tree to plant by my pool, but they cost more than I am willing to pay. I had ordered some palm tree seeds, but they never grew. I was told or read that it takes five years before a Palm Tree begins to grow from underground, which was very interesting.

With my pineapple, I am going to have to do some research to find out if mine will be a plant if will it grow a fruit.

Thanks for responding to my post. So glad you are here and I wish I could come sit under your Palm tree😊

WorkingitThrough2 December 27th, 2023

@PatienceImpatiens

My Pineapple plant has grown so large I just had to repot it. It was suggested that I keep it to the south of the sun while in the house for the winter. I have it sitting on my kitchen island only for the winter, and then It will go back outside.

recliningfate November 11th, 2023

Hello!

It is blooming season for some of my plants and as I have been adjusting to some changes in my life, I am happy to be sharing these with you and hopefully plants and flowers can bring you something soothing. Currently we have buds from the Dendrobium Nobile (still keeping that one chilly for now, will photograph the blooms) and the Aliceara Tahoma Glacier Green I believe (or something similar). 

A little sneak peak: img20231111164625_1699714377.jpg

WorkingitThrough2 November 13th, 2023

@recliningfate

It looks really good and healthy😊

PatienceImpatiens OP November 13th, 2023

@recliningfate

I love seeing the new little buds. Beautiful share!

recliningfate November 13th, 2023

Thank you, @WorkingitThrough2 and @PatienceImpatiens ! I hope your plants give you a bit of love this season. Orchids can sometimes be a little splotch of colour in a boring season. This is the Dendrobium Nobile which was looking sickly last year. This year we have buds! 

img20231113120525_1699885238.jpg

SomebodySpicy13 November 13th, 2023

What a beautiful thread! I think people sometimes forget the beauty of nature and plants, but you are doing a great job showcasing this :) 

recliningfate November 13th, 2023

@SomebodySpicy13 This is a beautiful thread indeed, nature can live through us as nurturers to plants too. It gives me a bit of a motherly/close friend satisfaction to see them flourish.

WorkingitThrough2 December 27th, 2023

@SomebodySpicy13

I agree. I love flowers and plants. I am known to overwater, making them sick. Does any one have a suggestion for this?

mytwistedsoul November 17th, 2023

fall toad lily

img-20231017-123227885_1700184759.jpg

img-20231021-073423019_1700185007.jpg

thanksgiving cactus

img-20231024-135100516_1700184891.jpg

CalmRosebud November 17th, 2023

@mytwistedsoul

My twisted soul, those are beautiful photos! My Christmas cactus is like, "maybe I'll bloom, maybe I won't" Every Year!

Love and Courage, Rose

recliningfate November 17th, 2023

Sounds like a lot of Christmas cactuses. My mother had one and she mentioned it does not like to be moved around. I don't know if that is true.

@mytwistedsoul I love the toad lily, so beautiful.

@recliningfate I think these are supposed to be Christmas cactus too but they always seem to bloom before Thanksgiving lol

These lilies are mine favorite. They kind of remind me of orchids

They do look a lot like orchids! So pretty!

CalmRosebud November 17th, 2023

@recliningfate

LOL, this Christmas Cactus of which I speak, she has not been moved even one micro-centimeter, for over six years. I think she must just be a "finicky" sort!

Lol! She is just saying no to whatever expectations of blooming 😂 I hope she makes up her mind soon!

@CalmRosebud thank you :) mine act that way some times. I've noticed some years they have more blooms than other years and I'm not sure why exactly lol

recliningfate December 13th, 2023

Happy December everyone!

I have come with some beautiful updates today. I have one rebloom from my Bellara Renaissance White, a new mini Phalaenopsis addition and Dendrobium nobile blooms forming.

img20231129101341_1702454571.jpgimg20231213095857_1702454587.jpgimg20231113120525_1702454617.jpg

Noticed the Dendrobium blooms is a repost, they have grown much larger now, no blooms yet.

CalmRosebud December 13th, 2023

Just Lovely!!!!!!!!

Thank you, Rose! ❤️ Hope your plant friends are well too!

There are some blooms here! I will post when I am on computer. They still haven’t fixed it to post photos from phone.

I work around this by uploading on mobile through the browser. That works for me. Sweet! Blooms sound great ❤️

@recliningfate

Great idea! Why didn't I think of that? Lol.

mytwistedsoul December 13th, 2023

@recliningfate These are beautiful! 

Thanks soul! I love them too, hope your toad lilies are doing well!

@recliningfate You're welcome :) unfortunately winter has come to my part of the world so all the lilies are sleeping now. Just 4 months til spring lol

Oh! They are there, just on standby.

img-2388_1702477285.jpeg

Not sure what this flower is called, but it blooms every year around this time! I love how bright it is, and festive!

@CalmRosebud I love the color! I cheated and lensed it with my phone lol

It's called a kalanchoe? That's what google says anyway :)

@mytwistedsoul Yes! Soul! That name "kalanchoe" rings a bell. I think there was a little stake in the side when I first got this lovely plant, and of course, over time, it was disposed of----- thank you so much for naming this tiny little wonder!!!!!!!! I hope you have a great holiday season!!!!!!!

@CalmRosebud You're very welcome! :) I'm happy I could help rediscover it's name! Thank you! I hope you have a great holiday season too :)

recliningfate December 27th, 2023

It is so pretty!!!