Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Vegan Buffalo Wings

Jenna March 6th

Vegan buffalo chicken wings are a delicious plant-based alternative to traditional chicken wings. 

Ingredients:

For the "Chicken":

1 head of cauliflower, cut into bite-sized florets

1 cup all-purpose flour (or chickpea flour for a gluten-free option)

1 cup non-dairy milk (such as almond, soy, or oat milk)

1 teaspoon garlic powder

1 teaspoon onion powder

Salt and pepper, to taste

For the Buffalo Sauce:

1/2 cup hot sauce (such as Frank's RedHot)

1/3 cup melted vegan butter

1 tablespoon maple syrup or agave nectar

Instructions:

Preheat your oven to 450°F (230°C).

In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, non-dairy milk, garlic powder, onion powder, salt, and pepper until you have a smooth batter.

Dip each cauliflower floret into the batter, coating it evenly, and place it on a lined baking sheet.

Bake the cauliflower in the preheated oven for about 20-25 minutes or until golden brown, flipping the florets halfway through to ensure even cooking.

While the cauliflower is baking, prepare the buffalo sauce. In a small saucepan, combine the hot sauce, melted vegan butter, and maple syrup. Heat over low heat, stirring until well combined.

Once the cauliflower is done baking, transfer it to a large bowl. Pour the buffalo sauce over the cauliflower and toss until all the pieces are evenly coated.

Place the coated cauliflower back on the baking sheet and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes or until the sauce is sticky and caramelized

Remove from the oven and let the buffalo cauliflower wings cool for a few minutes before serving.

You can serve these vegan buffalo wings with celery sticks and vegan ranch or blue cheese dressing for a classic buffalo wing experience. Enjoy!

@Fuechsin

sadcat13 March 6th

@Jenna I'm not vegan but this sounds like such a cool recipe! Maybe I could adjust it to my histamine intolerance and allergies and give it a try 😊 thank you for sharing this recipe with us 😊 also double grateful to you for inspiring me to want to try new food despite my ARFID, my belly is very grateful for this 😊

MistyMagic March 12th

@Jenna I like these ideas, Cauliflower especially sounds like a good veg to do this with as pretty sturdy lol!

Listening - One Step At A Time!

Fuechsin March 19th

@Jenna

Nuu, I missed the recipe because I wasn't notified of the post 😭

I'll definitely try it out! It already sounds delicious just by reading it.

Thank you for sharing!