Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Hobby Zone - Spooky Week Masterpost & Check-in Oct 23rd to Oct 31st!

MistyMagic October 23rd, 2022

TGQ4clxC1ikpTnF9KW1xvKVluORm1NPoPbSWCOo7-SoIu-REUXSsr04VDtNJVENIfFI0UFiRoOW84zG3Bq06CzjfKY03rhaloFxi_S3Uy9sr9i4HyhpuOCaSIEc3mzSY6InU_0-UYXKZLyCK8oixeN2-mNjmLC5zkiqVYZecxCMAQ5K4XPm_y6405Q

Hobby Zone - Spooky Week check-in Oct 23rd to Oct 31st!

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome! NskXqN-InTLd2Vm_cROt6OO8JrtCtd9lcMHjLBdyIRNcJebF08mHxuKnaGqp5RJgtgKIRdACueVJQfKuOteqIRTChKCp3QZ82kQzsPPsHHA817dJMRyaiLU6jJe94N4Q2sNYe6OOkqhW6G9l4sRfO8bL9U87nCJFP5cXV7pzFlhep0Y_V3LjomNSWw

To Hobby Zone’s very first ‘Spooky Week!’ check-in!

Monday is a Full Moon!

In the northern hemisphere, this is called ‘The Hunters’ Moon’ and signals lighter nights, perfect for seeing black cats as they prowl around! In the southern hemisphere, this Moon signals the start of Spring and the beginning of longer days when we may see the shadows of black cats disappearing around corners. Some may see this Moon with a pink shade, especially those around Australia and New Zealand making it look even more spooktacula!

gdZYR5oLIWuDm-FZlMP-8YC0Ecqg1gj-E6e-LHlsGm_AXONqef4-sEYVaSKyGUe_xilPgLSXM1d-sCpnhtpSIixtKMQeiJACfpFiF4VBSlWa-T_Z91T2SjOS1sM7R4xK14IrNy__GR053vI_2ShF7mpkDHcaEiOV1lnZ0BxNvVJ4eeZVR4RYDmTdTQ

Today is also part of Diwali - The Festival of Lights
Diwali or Deepavali is a Hindu festival of lights celebrated every year in autumn in the northern hemisphere (spring in the southern hemisphere). One of the most popular festivals of Hinduism, it spiritually signifies the victory of light over darkness, good over evil, and knowledge over ignorance. Its celebration includes millions of lights shining on housetops, and outside doors. sWDN3rWiF87clB7skKDl1Qe9lmjfvz6dRiByryArPKmnRT0MipeNhipfNd0tZ-x7LR8CasyZ0-sTjJf1RxNXl7hDTJ2-xMp9YV5v1wVNaxY0pT4YIqN3MJJBW4hADIQqJEAHgs7oR0UUh--QvGcrK6_MLyF5hmMAdHtW9Xp7iYVQ7NVarcIPTQKoAg

Rangoli decorations, made using coloured fine powder or sand, are popular during Diwali. Credit to wikipedia.org

In this thread you can find all the details of what is going to be happening around the community this week. There are scares in store for everyone to enjoy! Whether you are a Hunger Games fan or someone that prefers watching Twilight, Frozen or Minions there is something for everyone here this week.

Do you like making your own costumes? Then our Spooky Week Day 1 is for you!

Would you like to learn more about spooktacular spookinatural things then Spooky Week Day 2 will fill you in.

Have you noticed all the black cats that are prowling around Hobby Zone recently? Why you may ask but the reason will be made clear tomorrow so stay tuned and
ready to catch some cats! yUWzpWDhS1OZ7_SKE7-S0lVFrlGpKhrdMqgR_GpYUuFLmH7EZ8o_g85LPPR_kj5ZixqX23Jh2MpfnJ4RZOVDSJ4QidDdGY87tECSzAR1AGuOBTmPg9tYF68fWprh_Y5WA1Ked_t0a_6G_EKWYbL_fmzb8umZMCJKTWg7uTw2dIUFVAD0xIg_XdLQ3g(I am just an example)

Later this week we have a low down on scary movies, (one of my favourites is the original ‘Dracula’ movie in black and white) Is cooking and recipes your interest then look out for these coming sook, or, how to carve pumpkins with some amazing tips and pics.

We will link all the posts and games here as they happen!

Spooky Week Black Cat Treasure Hunt!

The Key to a Good Costume

Spookinatural?

National Black Cat Day

Carving Out Time for Pumpkins

Scary Movie Time!

Frightening Food "Formulas"

and then our Halloween party!!!
oooooooooooooooooh!
At 12 Noon ET on October 31st 2022 in both the teen and adult Hobby Zone rooms!
There we will announce those that took part in the ‘Black Cat Challenge’ as well as other fun things.

So choose a costume, bring come party food and join us!

Forum Invite post
E0z45-g4w5k3iPaXwIhP9hXqMhU8QX0JexMFy188ESWMLR3lh2d9h-E3I4fzRfHzo7xr7U6_N48xNchITiVFHtoizx1Zjyz7ZFfIqSJwJb0IF5ztknPgK_VXixSz-TUBrwqlnQZcR3tklLdwuZZIalkjQHmXsMo5OMWAKfOeM74m0iVS_rbUTF5NUg

You Are Invited To A Party!

https://forms.gle/tSRzfxpQJvvYpZXh6 Feedback & Ideas Form, Share your ideas!

Tagging the Hobby Zone subcommunity tag list - @Aileen1114117 @Aliceiin3rdwonderland @BlueRiver5968 @ChildGoddessFlute @corinnajoyhenryluv @EmotionsListener @enigmaticsmile321 @FallandWinterPlease00 @HealingTalk @Helpingheart23 @hiraxx @independentFig7852 @jujubears @LadyOrgasma @Lou73 @Meifeng @Merliah001 @MilaAvery @MistyMagic @NicholasW @Paprika001 @practicalTree3613 @SerenitysFire @SleepyShyCat @SmileSravani @SparklingSeashells @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @sweetrosa1987 @ThadSterling @thandocilo @theboymoana @tidyHickory3283 @WarmLightXO @WorriedMagpie

(If you want to be added/removed click here!)

Sunisshiningandsoareyou October 23rd, 2022

@MistyMagic This post has all the thrills and the chills lol. Loved the invitation too. The black cats be sus now! 🧐😛

Thank you for the spooky vibes!❤

Happy Diwali to everyone celebrating!💛

MistyMagic OP October 23rd, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou oooh yus black cats and ladders ooooh

Listening - One Step At A Time!

glisteningnlistening October 23rd, 2022

Thanks for making this lovely post! Happy Diwali <3

glisteningnlistening October 23rd, 2022

Your description of the significance of it was really cool as well!

MistyMagic OP October 23rd, 2022

@glisteningnlistening You too Glis! Lovely to see you posting! And thankyou for your kind words!

MistyMagic OP October 25th, 2022

@glisteningnlistening Happy Diwali to you too! Thanks for joining in :)

EmotionsListener October 24th, 2022

@MistyMagic

I'm looking forward to this week, hopefully everyone will have as much fun as we did getting ready by the time we're done!

MistyMagic OP October 24th, 2022

@EmotionsListener I am too! And you have been a wonderful creative help! Well Done! Thanks also to @SleepyShyCat for all the black cat ideas @HelpingHeart23 for their support, @Paprika001 for volunteering to host our Teen Spooky Week Party! @Lou73 for hosting in our adult Hobby Zone Room too!

SleepyShyCat October 24th, 2022

_1666640327.paws-up-animals-isolated-white-background-cat-dog-paws-background-prints-cartoon-cute-animals-legs-wallpaper-brochure-flyer-postcard-flat-design_167581-1366.jpg

wohoo! spooky week! Everyone's efforts are very appreciated! 😸🐈‍⬛🕸️🎃🕷️🧛🦇

@MistyMagic @EmotionsListener @Helpingheart23 @Paprika001 @Lou73

EmotionsListener October 25th, 2022

@MistyMagic

Go team! 🎃 Thank you everyone for getting involved and growing this spectre-tacular spooky week!

Lou73 October 24th, 2022

It all looks so exciting! @MistyMagic 🦇🐱🎃

*leaves out kitty food to entice that black cats* 😋

@Lou73 I wondered who it was! I keep tripping over bowls of milk and kitty food lol! 🎃

Lou73 October 25th, 2022

@MistyMagic hehehe it's working well so far although some kitties are hiding very well 😄

SparklingSeashells October 25th, 2022

_1666709593.IMG_20221025_154729811.jpg@MistyMagic

Hobby Zone has turned spooky 😮

Not one to usually celebrate Halloween, feel a bit like Scrooge, but hobby zone has changed that this year!!

Love the cats 😃

I've made a few little crafty things, I gave some away and here is what I have left...

SleepyShyCat October 25th, 2022

@SparklingSeashells

Glad you're enjoying it so far! 🐈‍⬛🦇

Those are so cool! And the pumpkins are very cute 🎃

🎃@SparklingSeashells 👻 oh those are so sweet! I want one! Thank-you for joining in 🎃

Lou73 October 25th, 2022

@SparklingSeashells These are so cute!!!!! 🎃🎃👻