Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New to The Hobby Zone Community? Welcome all! Whats your favorite Hobby?

Power December 1st, 2021

๏ปฟ

Welcome Everyone! Lets say hello and meet others that joined as well!

Questions
1. What is your favorite Hobby?
2. Why do you like it?
3. How long have you done it?

Hobby Zone Forum areas:

๐ŸŽต Music
๐ŸŽฌ Movies and TV
๐ŸŽฎ Gaming
โญ Anime & Manga
๐Ÿ“– Reading
โœ Writing
๐Ÿถ Pets
๐Ÿ‘— Cosplay
๐Ÿ’ป Graphic Design & Online Media
๐ŸŽˆ Fun and Relaxation
๐ŸŽ‰ Fun Things to Participate In
๐ŸŽ‚ Cooking, Baking & Eating
๐Ÿ“ธ Photography
๐ŸŽจ Arts & Crafts
โ“ Would you Rather?
๐Ÿˆ Sports
๐Ÿฅ‡ Achievements
โ— Quote of the day
๐Ÿ’ป Internet Inspirations
๐Ÿ’Ž Collecting
๐Ÿšข Traveling
๐Ÿ“ Therapeutic hobbies
โ›บ Outdoor

shymap84001 December 3rd, 2021

My favourite hobbies are knitting sewing patchwork. Recently I have brought a macrame kit for beginners . I also enjoy cooking as well. I recently have also started enjoying making decorations out of paper too. My hobbies keep me sane.

Margiewm December 11th, 2021

My favourite hobbies are painting and looking for antique clocks

i also love love collecting old books and I have quit a few now

sherbetleamon121 December 11th, 2021

My hobby is dancing. I've been a dancer since I was four, and I'm now 17 so it's been a part of me growing up. Ive gained a bit of weight the past year due to PCOS and dance also helps me get back in shape, get healthy and gain some self esteem๐Ÿ’ซ

limegreen9775 December 17th, 2021

Hello all!

You can call me Lime on here, Iโ€™m new here! My favorite hobby is playing music. I also love sports, nature, baking, outdoors, and learning new things!

missingcolorado December 19th, 2021

Hi! I am new. I have lots of hobbies I am passionate about.

sewing roughly 30 years I love making and creating gifts.

knitting maybe 17 years, I received my knitting certificate from CYC in 2006. Took 6 mounts to getting it. Itโ€™s relaxing and helps with anxiety.

scrapbooking, 15 years. Itโ€™s my legacy to my family and ancestors.

But my favorite of all time! Is paintballing! Yes, even in my 40โ€™s I have played! Started in my 20โ€™s. Itโ€™s how I met my husband. I love the rush, strategy, teamwork and thrill of not getting or getting hit with a paintball!!!!! And, of course I love getting my husband out!!!

CookedCarrots May 15th, 2022

Oh...loved your post. Especially the part about paint ball and getting your husband out. Wish I knew how to get my husband out more. He mentioned paintball before. Good idea :)

I'm going to create quilts this summer with my mom and daughter for stitching hearts international. @missingcolorado Do you quilt?

Smilybeans December 31st, 2021

@Power

My favorite hobby is drawing, because I really feel like I can express myself through it. I've been drawing since as long as I remember. I also enjoy other art forms like painting, crocheting, and singing, but I don't do these as often as I draw.

Drawing... not my skill. But all my my kids find it as a go to feel good.

Roisin0 January 2nd, 2022

I like reading (especially manga), watching TV shows that catch my eye, listen to music, writing (poetry and short stories) and sketching (a cartoony-anime kinda style).

This allows me to create something out of my own will, have control over a realm that's entirely mine, pour something into reality out of my imagination. The vivid world that dwells in my thoughts becomes a tangible entity on paper, and what I want melts into existence.

I've been writing (seriously) for almost two years now, and have been sketching (seriously) for about 3.

I also have a good voice and can sing alright, but it's more of a coping mechanism to treat my anxiety and sadness, and doesn't really count as a hobby.

rrretsuko January 2nd, 2022

@Power hello to all the new members :) <3 i wanted to participate in this as well !

1. my favorite hobby is playing guitar or writing <3

2. i love it because it brings me peace and helps me express emotions that i may have been holding in, which isn't very healthy. so it's good to get them out when i have time !

3. i've been playing guitar for 4 years now <3 i've been writing for a long, long time haha

MoonLightShadow423 January 3rd, 2022

Sleeping in, chilling with tv shows, videogames play through, listen to music, and etc. I do miss making music and video games. Just too tired to enjoy at the moment.

Blu80 January 3rd, 2022

My hobbies include gaming, anime & Manga and arts. I've been gaming ever since I was a child like the old Mario cart and crash bandicoot days. I got into both anime and arts few years back tho. I used to doodle as a child all the time but actually drawing serious art started recently. As for how long I honestly don't know it's been years since I began gaming. But for arts let's say 5 years and anime & Manga around 4 years.

sunnyWriting4806 January 6th, 2022

@Power

These days my favorite hobby is cooking different types of dishes! I really like creating my personal recipes after watching videos online on how to make them.

sailormoon97 January 7th, 2022

My favorite hobby is listening to music. I simply love music. I'm into kpop and other genres like pop and R&B. I've been really in to listening to music for majority of my life.

For me kpop makes me smile. Reminds me of my sister.

NotGoingToMakeAScreenName January 7th, 2022

@Power

My favorite hobbies are art and reading, although I haven't picked up a book in a while.

shyskeleton January 9th, 2022

Hi everyone,

I think my favourite hobby at the moment is reading. I have been a big reader for a very long time and i started getting back into reading recently at the beginning of last year. I love reading, especially thrillers and crime-fiction and i find it an enjoyable form of escapism.

Positron2 February 2nd, 2022
I like video games, but a hobby of mine is in game photography.

rqp9EyY.jpeg
dBsqRhX.jpeg
nPnyTvj.jpeg

The game lets me use a virtual camera. I can move it around, set Depth of field, Field of view, Exposure, etc. All of the things that a real camera can do.
pandaprincess9 February 4th, 2022

My hobbies are camping and playing or singing music (especially with others! choir is my favorite though).

backsackncrack April 6th, 2022

@pandaprincess9

Love the sound of the voice especially very close harmonies.

mbvx February 7th, 2022

my favorite hobby is listening to older music such as David Bowie, The Rolling Stones, and Mรถtley Crรผe. I like it because it makes me very happy and I really like older music, Iโ€™ve been listening to that type of music since birth pretty much :)

LofiLeah April 1st, 2022

Sometimes Iโ€™m not sure if I even have a hobby. I like to read and sometimes I write and I like to watch video games as well as read manga sometimes but I Iโ€™m not consistent enough with it โ˜น๏ธ Do I really have hobbies?

kindCat137 April 2nd, 2022

My favorite hobby is amateur astronomy and astrophotography. I volunteer with our local astronomical society to show people whatโ€™s out there. I also like to read about astrophysics and science in general. Iโ€™d also like to get more into regular photography, but have a long way to go!

I like the way it makes me feel present when Iโ€™m alone with the sky and the stars out in the wilderness. You sort of feel at one with the Universe. It puts everything into perspective when you understand we are just a tiny part of everything out there.

I know some of these photos can look pretty advanced, but Iโ€™ve been doing it for 8 years. It can be as simple as taking some $99 7x50 binoculars out with you camping to look at the sky or attending a stargazing event put on by a nearby astronomical society or club.

_1648881864.C305EC4F-4193-4D90-91E7-4A1600CBADAF.jpg

_1648881889.BF1A13A6-BE52-4789-B9CF-C2F988538569.jpg

_1648881967.6D31FBBC-D30F-4A9A-A77F-30E74F664463.jpg

_1648882002.7B1BC41D-AB46-47CF-B2AE-E0DD7E6278BD.jpg

_1648882100.8C25BB82-FFC3-4E35-9B60-0AFD39C23027.jpg

Your post inspired me. My husband loves space. Googling astronomical society now.

kindCat137 April 21st, 2022

Youโ€™re welcome! Thanks for the kind words Aurora. Glad you enjoyed them. Itโ€™s really fun to get out under the stars when I can.

The 3rd one is M42, The Great Orion Nebula. Itโ€™s in the center of Orionโ€™s sword, under Orionโ€™s Belt if viewing from the northern hemisphere. At 1400 lightyears away itโ€™s the closest place to Earth where new stars are being created.

The 1st is M31 The Andromeda Galaxy. At 2.5 million lightyears away itโ€™s the closest spiral galaxy to our own Milky Way Galaxy.

The 2nd is the spiral disc of our Milky Way Galaxy, viewed on its edge (because we are part of its disc), rising into the sky above my friendโ€™s big telescope.

The 4th is Comet Neowise, which flew by in mid-2020. Itโ€™s the brightest comet since around 1989.

The 5th is a close up of the Moon of course.

raspberryLion542 April 4th, 2022

Hello everyone

Not sure if I have any hobbies as am quite a plain Jane and don't do much. But I guess I like movies, gaming and traveling. But don't really do them much as I mainly lay in mu bed. ๐Ÿ˜•๐Ÿ™

backsackncrack April 5th, 2022

My favourite Hobbies was Metal Detecting. I used to enjoy the thrill of finding something very old and later researching where or by who the said artefact was used. Plus sometimes it would have some value to it. I enjoyed the peace and quiet out in the middle of a farmers field with just the sound of the blackbird or magpies to keep me company. Did this for about 15year and found many items including coins from the Roman period and medieval times

April 21st, 2022

Welcome @butterfly734

I totally agree with you!! You sound super talented! Good luck marketing your brand! I wish you all the best ๐Ÿ˜Š

enthusiasticTortoise6681 April 17th, 2022

@Power campfires with friends

April 21st, 2022

@enthusiasticTortoise6681

Whoa campfires yessss!!!! Lets get those marshmallows toasting!

April 21st, 2022

@Ash0gmhayg

Hey hey Ash! I'm Cloudy! Welcome to The Hobby Lobby!!!!!

I love listening to music too! I'm glad you have found a way to help you express your emotions!! What do you like to draw? Do you have a favourite technique?

Cloudy ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›

helpIpanic April 20th, 2022

I like arts and crafts. Music writing, been doing a lot of it since I was 6, I recently got into resin casting. I make dice for dnd and crochet gnomes and other things. I dont have a favorite really.

April 21st, 2022

Welcome to the community @helpIpanic we are so glad you are here ๐Ÿ’›๐Ÿ’›

Sounds like you are really creative! Do you ever name your crochet gnomes? Have you Gnomeo and Juliet.

Hope to see you around

Cloudy ๐ŸŒฅ

helpIpanic April 21st, 2022

No, but I have shamus, fritz, denise, and one named jingle. I crochet turtles too. Though I noticed people tend to talk to them... it's kinda cute honestly and therapeutic but I have no idea what drives them to have a convo with one.

April 22nd, 2022

@helpIpanic

Aw I love the names! Thats so sweet that people talk to them, I never had an conversation with a gnome, I'll have to add it to my list ๐Ÿ˜Š

April 22nd, 2022

@AuroraBriarRose

Whoa Rose! I'm glad there are many things you enjoy doing! I as well like to garden, I just planted my pumpkin seeds so hopefully I'll have some huge pumpkins ready for October. Do you have a favourite thing to grow?

Also...

Do you like to have company when you go hiking, or do you enjoy having the time to yourself? I have a furry friend which love to come on my adventures with me ๐Ÿถ

MistyMagic May 1st, 2022

@AuroraBriarRose A rehab squirrel? I think there's a story there?

Listening - One Step At A Time!

Summershy April 21st, 2022

@Power

That picture is pretty chill

April 22nd, 2022

@Summershy

I know right! I love it too ๐Ÿ˜Š