Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Accountability partners for getting up to a healthy weight?

hereigoagain March 22nd, 2017

So this has been bothering me quite a bit and I don't know where else to post it. I don't think I've had an ED (except maybe some "orthorexia"), but I lost a lot of weight a few years ago for various reasons and I'm struggling to get it back. I'm no longer careful at all about eating unhealthy foods and I'm trying to get more calories, but I'm still underweight (though not severely) and I keep losing the little progress I sometimes manage to make towards the healthier weight I'd like to reach. I also feel like this is a bit of a taboo problem since most people would envy me for it :-/ Anyone else having similar issues so we can try and motivate each other? And/or any listener who'd like to support me with this?

Hope March 22nd, 2017

Hey, @hereigoagain! Since we don't promote weight gain or weight loss in this sub-community as it is a sensitive topic for many, your post is more suitable for healthy living sub-community. They also have a buddy system. I have moved your post to the healthy living sub-community. I hope that is okay.

hereigoagain OP March 22nd, 2017

@EssenceOfHope

Oh, ok. Sorry and thank you.

Hope March 22nd, 2017

@hereigoagain, No worries. This may interest you.

@EssenceOfHope

Thank you. I've stayed away from this whole forum because it seemed so much about either weight loss or stuff I can't even begin to worry about at this stage, but maybe I'll give this a try.

Hope March 22nd, 2017

@hereigoagain, you are more than welcome in the Eating disorder sub-community to share your experiences and get support but in the meantime you may benefit from this Buddy programme. Take care of yourself. -Hugs-

@EssenceOfHope

Thank you heart

Hope March 22nd, 2017

@hereigoagain, You are welcome. heart

PoliteOcean March 23rd, 2017

@hereigoagain

Hi there! Welcome!

If you are looking for an accountability partner, we have a group here in the Healthy Living Subcommunity called HEALTHY LIVING BUDDIES which help you with Accountability partners! Please see the thread HERE

You can also contact @BurningEmber for more information if you have any questions she and HalliwellSister work together closely on this project! Good Luck!

@BurningEmber

@HalliwellSister

@EssenceofHope

HopieRemi March 23rd, 2017

Indeed! I am here! and Any feedback you have on the system you can send to me! If I find that people aren't pairing themselves up, I will work on a new solution. You can even ask regular listeners that you talk with if they would be interested in being your buddy. If they are not sure what you're on about, give them the link to the buddy forum! @hereigoagain

hereigoagain OP March 23rd, 2017

@PoliteOcean

I've already posted there, but thank you :)