Community /

Group Support

Create a New Thread
Gif Photo Link
Exploration Garden: New Rules to Foster a More Focused Exploration Environment
by ASilentObserver
Last post
3 days ago
...See more Hello everyone,  Exploration Garden (EG) group chat was introduced in July 2023 [https://www.7cups.com/forum/groupmod/CommunityManagersOffice_2008/Introducing7CupsExplorationGarden_309812/] as an extended version of the Sharing Circle. Since then, EG has undergone multiple iterations and changes to improve it for everyone This post will share the next changes and updates regarding the Exploration Garden group chat.  We want to emphasize the key distinction between the Sharing Circle and Exploration Garden:  Sharing Circle [https://www.7cups.com/forum/groupmod/MemberSharingCircles_2109/7CupsSharingCirclesarenowLIVE_218662/]is a space to share with others primarily, here you can vent, get validation, and express your thoughts/feelings/experiences to share those with others. The exploration garden [https://www.7cups.com/forum/groupmod/CommunityManagersOffice_2008/Introducing7CupsExplorationGarden_309812/] by contrast is not so much a place to share, but rather a place to gain assistance in exploring our thoughts/feelings/experiences, here we are trying to learn and explore, seeking new perspectives, new understandings, and deeper meanings. Based on the feedback received from the community and observations of trends within the group chat, we are rolling out the following changes to promote and foster an exploration environment in the EG.   1. EG will only be open when a facilitator is present. Without facilitation, the sessions tend to get off track, and unable to keep up with the guidelines for running an effective exploration session. Here is the updated schedule of the Exploration Garden session:  * Host-L stands for assigned listener host  * Host-M stands for covered by community mod * Red rows represent no coverage at the moment, so no session will take place during these hours until we onboard new hosts to lead those hours.  2.  Releasing an exploration guide for participants to understand how effective exploration works, the DOs and DONTs, Tips to get the most out of the session, and how to offer support to the sharers. Click here to access a copy of the exploration guide.  [https://docs.google.com/document/d/1cMu6p6eSrlqV3StpeY4SX4MRBsBdCPwhRiU_pKvRSZI/edit] 3. If you want to join the Exploration Garden Hosting Team, you can now express your interest by filling out a short form here!  [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLScjtDkb4M8XXOZMh1ClAoo-ZYq5fNPohtB1MwxXozv2d4p04A/viewform] The new changes will be implemented w.e.f Sept 20, 2024.  If you have any questions, please feel free to share with us below in the thread or reach out to @Heather225 or me aka @ASilentObserver
2024: Gratitude Week w/ 7 Cups
by ASilentObserver
Last post
Wednesday
...See more Hello and welcome everyone to Gratitude Week w/ 7 Cups Gratitude Day is celebrated annually on the 21st of September. The celebration of Gratitude Day allows both individuals and communities to come together and celebrate the broad meaning of gratitude in various ways.  The goal of the Gratitude Week is to take time and reflect on the many amazing things, and people we have in our lives. Practicing gratitude could positively impact our well-being and make us happier, more contented people. There are so many ways that you can be thankful on World Gratitude Day. It can simply include: * Being thankful that you have woken up and experienced a brand new day.  * If you have a pet, your pet is worthy of your gratitude.  * You can also be thankful for beautiful nature for beautiful sunrises, sunsets, or simply how different seasons bring unique experiences. * You can be thankful for the people around you or in the community that you encountered and made your day better even if for a moment.  So we invite you to join us in Gratitude Week to be thankful in a few ways:  * Engage in any or all of the following activities and let us know in the comments below what did you and when.  * Send at least 7 empathetic private messages  to listeners/members * Post or reply 7 empathetic posts in any thread in the community with the hashtag #Gratitude2024 * Send 7 supportive comments or phrases in the group support (both members /listeners group chats) * Participate in a “Thank you to” Chain to appreciate or give a shout-out to anyone and tag 3 friends to join the chain. You can give thank you to anyone including yourself.  The thread will be created and linked here.  * Join in the following Group Discussions: at 12.30 pm Eastern (Adults), 1 pm (Teens) * Showing Appreciation & Gratitude (Monday) * Empathy  (Tuesday) * Do you know Self-compassion (Wednesday) * The power of thank you (Thursday) The sessions will take place in Positivity Corner Group Chat We look forward to celebrating  World Gratitude Day with you. Join us! 
Wellness Accountability Huddles: Apply Now!
by SoulfullyAButterfly
Last post
September 26th
...See more Ready to Transform Your Wellness with Accountability? Setting specific health and wellness goals is an effective way to improve your physical and mental wellbeing. These can include goals like exercising regularly, eating more vegetables, drinking more water, or finding time for mindfulness. Having a defined time frame adds structure, helping you stay focused and committed as you work toward achieving these goals. Ask yourself right now: what do you want to improve on in your life? Tips to Make Your Wellness Goals Easy to Track and Follow Through With: * Make your goal specific and measurable. For example, "do 30 minutes of exercise each day" or "read 1 chapter of my book each day". Specific and measurable goals are easier to track. * Keep it simple! Avoid overwhelming yourself by starting small. Committing to 1-3 daily tasks can make it more manageable and sustainable. Now, how does this apply to 7 Cups, and being accountable? You’re much more likely to succeed when you share your progress with others, and that’s where our Wellness Accountability Huddles come in. A Huddle is a group chat where the same participants meet up regularly to chat about common issues/interests in order to learn more about and deeply explore them. Our Huddles take place inside the 7 Cups group chat system and aim to provide groups of users continuous support and social connection. We are excited to launch Wellness Accountability Huddles. The Huddle journey will last for 5 weeks. The expected launch dates of these Huddles are within 2 weeks of this announcement. Please check your availability before applying. Structure: What Will a Huddle Consist Of? Each Huddle will aim to have around 20-30 members. The group will be open 24/7 and only badged members will have access. Thus, it is an opportunity for a shared, closer connection. 3 huddle groups will be created to accommodate groups of users in the current round, and we hope to onboard further interested users when the first “batch” is completed.  * This Huddle opportunity is available for members only. Listeners are encouraged to switch to a member account to participate. * This Huddle is currently open to adult users only.  Your Huddle experience will involve: * Once accepted, you will be asked to introduce yourself and some of your goals for joining the Huddle. Introducing yourself as well as participating during the first Huddle week at least once is compulsory to confirm your spot - these 2 actions will help you build the foundation of your longer-lasting journey! Here is what you can expect during your Huddle journey: Week 1 - Introductions Week 2 - Embracing Goals (and starting to share our progress) Week 3 - The Power of Mindfulness and Self-Care Week 4 - Managing Setbacks Week 5 - Celebrating Progress  The only expectations of you (other than participating every week!) is that you are willing to share the goals you are interested in as well as some commitment to work on some progress while sharing it. You are open to hearing other people’s stories and goals and will treat each of your peers with respect.  Some recommendations to ensure a beneficial experience include: * Try to participate in the group chat at least once a week. While you do not have to answer each prompt, you can share your daily experiences or other concerns. * Read other responses and reply to other participants: helping one another explore our reflections helps us all benefit from the interaction. Apart from the above guidelines, all users are expected to follow the general chatroom guidelines [https://www.7cups.com/community-guidelines/Member-Chatroom-Guidelines-9de0c9c1b6114d14a130f1b842af36fe]and the community guidelines [https://www.7cups.com/community-guidelines/]. For any further questions or feedback, you can PM @SoulfullyAButterfly or send an email to ayesha@7cups.com Ready to Sign Up? Please fill in this form [https://forms.gle/FWJro9iKPKaWTSBt5].
Transformative experience w/ Sharing Circle: Justmiles
by ASilentObserver
Last post
July 24th
...See more Hello all,  It has been 4 years since Sharing Circle launched and in these 4 years, thousands of members benefitted from joining and participating in the Sharing Circle. To capture some of the experiences, we have initiated an initiative: How was your experience with Sharing Circle?  Sharing Circle is a supportive turn-based activity where members may take 7 minutes to share and get support. It offers a supportive atmosphere for all where we are accepted and not judged. These sessions run every hour on the hour, 7 days a week. So in today’s edition, we will share @Justmiles experiences in the Sharing Circle in their own words. Miles is one of the regular participants of Sharing Circle and joined the community in November 2020. Miles described their Sharing Circle experience as “very amazing, very productive, and supportive.” The safe and open environment fostered by the circle played a pivotal role in their journey. They shared that the sharing circle was instrumental in helping them achieve “peace with having schizophrenia and drug recovery.”  Please join me in congratulating them on being 600+ days sober and taking small steps every day to continue the journey of recovery and progress. This profound experience highlights the transformative power of sharing and finding support within a community. Miles emphasized the circle’s supportive, caring, and mesmerizing qualities.  Join Sharing Circle with us today!  [https://www.7cups.com/chat/?c=2_e900fbcbe5db2b7bSaBpz_hkdPa6dGxRZeleXg]
Bullying
by PatienceImpatiens
Last post
March 29th
...See more Why I am not seeking any support in groups anymore. Trigger Warning: mention of suicide (other people, not myself)   Yesterday in the afternoon, I sought support on a group chat, my beloved Sharing Circle. At least, it used to be “beloved.”   I did bring up my issue I was hoping to toss into the group for what is usually intelligent and supportive feedback. Very quickly, the topic of the group conversation became: Bullying.   Which was fine, when it was us exploring our own attitudes towards bullying and what we were doing about them, but less so, when one of the participants in the Sharing Circle started engaging in vicious bullying of their own.   I felt compelled, in my mind, to defend a person I knew well, who was not standing down, and who called out the bully. I am proud of that person. I didn’t, at that moment in time, have the personal resources to do or say anything beyond that. I tried to share a story about a bully who got Karma, but then later, after exiting the Sharing Circle, my mind turned to another case, that had a much less rosy ending, where the boy turned to suicide as his solution for long-lasting bullying he was enduring at his school. My mind also turned to a beloved co-worker, who took her own life after being bullied by, of all people, her own husband.   These thoughts made me feel very sad. And the sadness has persisted to today, when I am still feeling this mourning of the loss of these two souls, along with other souls (would you like me to list them?) who have died at their own hand because of being bullied: by others, by society, by their own families, by their terrible feeling of unworthiness.   Sometimes I am sad anyway about the turn society seems to take, with bullies being rewarded for their bad actions.    Also, I didn’t like it that it took at least fifteen minutes for a Community Mod to show up after they had been called.   I’m tired of reporting this sort of thing.   I’m tired of taking screen shots. I’m tired of trying to keep up with people who have rogue accounts or who create accounts just to pester, bother and torment other people who are coming here for support. Some really mean and manipulative people out there. Who needs that energy?   I’m tired of seeing my friends leave this site because they have been bullied terribly.   All of this is wearing out my soul.   I will take a rest now. Perhaps I will deactivate my account. Perhaps not. I have a choice.   I already know that it will do no good to “report.” This has proven to be like a Timeless and Endless Vortex of Shame and Uselessness when I have done it.   So, I will withdraw from this site until I have found my own Center and Ground again.    Which will surely happen.   In the meantime, to the Bullies, I would like to say this: 1.     Don’t mock people. 2.    Don’t taunt or tease people about the things they are sensitive about. That’s mean. 3.    If you have nothing nice to say here, don’t say anything. 4.    Stop picking fights. 5.    Leave this site for people who are seeking support. 6.    Your actions as a Bully are not welcome here. 7.     I am angry at your actions, and I choose to not engage. 8.    I will not mute you, because you are, sadly, part of society. 9.    I will tolerate you, but in the case of this website, I have a choice, so I will not enter groups for now. 10. I will continue to live, and I will live well in spite of your sad attempts at mocking and meanness. 11.  Go away. 12.   When you figure how to act better, maybe you can come crawling back. 13.  You possibly will find people to help you, or you will find people who Remember and who seek Justice. And Justice will be Served.   Sincerely yours, Patience  
Book Discussion: The Theory and Practice of Group Psychotherapy (Yalom and Leszcz)
by CalmRosebud
Last post
March 22nd
...See more Hi, Friends and Readers, I would like to discuss the book, "The Theory and Practice of Group Psychotherapy," (6th edition) by Irvin D. Yalom and Molyn Leszcz, (2020). Why? Because writing my thoughts helps me to process what I am reading. Perhaps you will find some of my thoughts interesting, perhaps not. Historically, books I'm reading and my so called discussion fly over here somewhat like a lead balloon.  So, I'll say honestly, I'm doing this for myself, for my own self-knowledge about the way an "ideal" group can function to actually help the participants to actualize our lives in a better way.  I've been reading this book, in my way, which is the ADHD way, haphazardly, skipping around to something that interests me, focusing on a chapter that seems especially relevant at the moment, really "digging into" some of the stories that are told here. Because of who I am, I will not take a methodical chapter by chapter approach. Rather, when I read something that I find interesting, and I have a reflection about it, I will write here about it. I expect little to no input here. Please don't feel obligated to write something if you don't feel strongly moved to do so.  I will only ask that you do me the honor of using your own words rather than relying on artificial intelligence to do it for you. I'm interested in fresh and interesting, "real" (as it were) thoughts. I already know my own thoughts are "real," and I trust myself, so I'll place my thoughts here. In other words, please, no canned platitudes or attempts at "making me feel better." I feel okay! I hope you feel okay too! Being interested in the workings of the human mind, and how we can feel "better," whatever that means, is really what I'm interested in exploring here. And, I'm willing to learn something from reading this book! So, here goes Nothing! Love and Courage, Rose
Host a sharing circle
by brightFlake
Last post
February 16th
...See more Hello,  I want to host a sharing circle. And specifically I want to host a teen sharing circle. Kindly guide me how to and what are the requirements? @hope @sunisshiningandsoareyou  Kind regards.
*nervous noises*
by AayushreeKalyani
Last post
July 22nd, 2023
...See more Almost a year ago I went on my first solo trip to Shillong just to make sure that I could. Because I knew that less than a month later I’ll be in Pune, my first time being in Maharashtra, and I’ll be looking for a house to rent because I have already made my mother pay a hefty amount for my admission. So there was no going back. And to top it off, I was all alone. But the best part about the whole thing was that, be it in Shillong or Pune, I wasn’t unreasonably scared. Nor did I have a full blown panic attack and fall behind on my house hunt. I was house hunting, going to university and doing long assignments all at the same time while staying at a hotel. And I wasn’t scared. A year later, I’m in my hometown, at the comfort of my house, enjoying a three month long vacation, with my dogs around and I am scared beyond my wits. I’ll be turning 23 a week from today and I am scared with the feeling of getting old. So scared that I’ve been losing sleep. I’d step out of my shoes and look at me from a distance and laugh at my face because my fear is irrational and but I can’t. It’s making and not making sense all at the same time. So I took a walk today, early. Like sunrise early. And as I was soaking in my vitamins, I tried to frantically go back to my school days when I’d wake up early to go to school with a sigh most mornings wishing fervently to be in my twenties sooner than ever. I’m at the age little me coveted for. And life’s now good. I have almost achieved all the dreams 13 year old Aayushree had dreamt of for now. Well, the realistic dreams. Because 13 year old Aayushree also believed she’d be married or at least dating Sidharth Malhotra by 2023. So, if you’ve come with me so far, I’d like to ask you, where do you put a pin on the irrationality of your fears? Where’s the point where you draw the line? I’ll look for your answers in the comments. I have always believed a fear is a fear is a fear. Fear fuzzes you. Probably I’ll laugh about it one day. But for now, that day couldn’t come soon enough.
Start up
by carefulNest7366
Last post
August 19th, 2022
...See more Hi. Just wanted to make this space more active
Changes to Teen Member Sharing Circles
by bookworm274
Last post
April 14th, 2022
...See more Hi everyone, I hope you are all well! I thought I would create a post just to highlight @ASilentObserver 's post that you can find here - click me! [https://www.7cups.com/forum/TeenOnlyZone_123/TeenCMStation_590/IntroducingThemeBasedTeenSharingCircles_275424/] If anyone has any questions they would like to raise or have any confusions, please do let us know! I have sent messages to anyone who was on the sign up schedule to let you know about the change in timings and to invite you to edit the new sign up schedule which you can find here! [https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ZHKwnH67g9YuIlGcdCCa76lBDA17Bk20hrEEMIP-UDY/edit#gid=0] If you have not received a message from me then feel free to message me about the sessions. It is important that you fill out this new schedule so that we know who is hosting and when and can ensure that there is coverage of the sessions! If you have any problems with editing this sheet then please contact me and I will help you. Taglist: @29amy @Arianahelps2005 @Angelx28 @bookworm274 @bigBlueberry1679 @courageousheart96 @Izzy274 @mamtasha22 @mcshereforu @starmelon7 @trustworthysoul @YourEmmmie @Yournewfriend13
Announcing New Host!
by bookworm274
Last post
March 17th, 2022
...See more Hey everyone, please join me in welcoming a new host to our team - we are proud to announce that @bigBlueberry1679 has shown dedication to the team and passed their training so they are now a committed host! A huge thank you to them for stepping up to be a host and helping us to continue to provide these sessions to the community where members can have a safe and supportive space to share and receive support ❤️ Tagging: @ASilentObserver @SuryanshSingh @Hope @CheeryMango @hopebeyondpain SC taglist: @29amy @Angelx28 @ahhhhelpimalive @amazingstar4357 @babydino69 @bookworm274 @bigBlueberry1679 @hopebeyondpain @imaginativeDime5226 @Izzy274 @mamtasha22 @mcshereforu @starmelon7 @TheResilientDancer @trustworthysoul @YourEmmmie @Yournewfriend13
Announcing New Host!
by bookworm274
Last post
January 23rd, 2022
...See more Hello everyone, I hope you are well 💜 Please join me in welcoming @29amy as our new committed host! She has shown consistency and dedication in her hosting which we sincerely appreciate! A huge thank you to her for stepping up to be a host and helping us to continue to provide these sessions to the community where members can have a safe and supportive space to share and receive support. We are incredibly happy to have you officially be joining our team - we look forward to seeing your impact and support to the community! ---------------------------------------------------------------------- tagging : @Hope @ASilentObserver @CheeryMango @SuryanshSingh @hopebeyondpain
Co-host communication thread: Stars and Leader
by bookworm274
Last post
January 11th, 2022
...See more @leader00 and @Fallenstarss As you are both members you're unfortunately unable to message each other but as you are now co-hosts for the Tuesday sharing circle you both host, we thought it may be easier for you two to have this communication thread. So you two can use this thread to communicate with one another about your hosting etc! Take care ❤️
Announcing New Hosts!
by bookworm274
Last post
December 13th, 2021
...See more Hello, everyone - I hope you are all well! Please join me in welcoming our new hosts: @SoftFaith2004 , @xinyii11 and @ahhhhelpmeimalive 💜 They have all shown consistency and dedication in their hosting which we sincerely appreciate! A huge thank you to them all for stepping up to be a host and helping us to continue to provide these sessions to the community where members can have a safe and supportive space to share and receive support! We are super happy to have you on the team and know you will be amazing additions! We look forward to seeing your impact and support to the team and the community! --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Are you interested in becoming a Teen Sharing Circles host? If so, please apply here! [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfPe2N1QUjB_KEFF_EhAtZymtydkkIFlruU7u0lC35q4eTztA/viewform] Tagging : @Hope @ASilentObserver @CheeryMango @SuryanshSingh @hopebeyondpain
New updates & Recruiting New STLs and PAs for Teen Sharing Circle team!
by Suryansh
Last post
November 18th, 2021
...See more Hello everyone! Hope you all are doing well. Sharing Circles are now an important part of our daily 7 Cups Support Sessions. We make continuous changes to enhance the session and provide better quality support to our members. Keeping this point in mind, we will soon be introducing two new teams: 1. Sharing Circle Peer Support team This team will be aiming to provide Peer Support to our hosts and participants who got triggered while being in the session. 2. Sharing Circle Outreach team This team will be aiming towards spreading the word about Sharing Circles so the team can be expanded and we can cover most of the timezones to provide support to all members living in any corner of this world. For this, we also need new leaders to help us ensure the coverage of the current projects and the new projects under the Teen Sharing Circle team. The new leaders who will be onboarded will be currently supporting the team with the Current projects until we introduce new projects. With all that, I am so happy to announce New Vacancies for the Teen Sharing Circle Leadership team. We are recruiting 2 new Project Agents and a Support Team Leader. If you are interested, please feel free to apply ~~~HERE~~~ [https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeK1332I9xj_ht97fTorSplrZ6hLOtEtoOTb4MdI3MVV7d3rA/viewform] (Currently only Listeners are allowed for these positions) For any queries/suggestions, feel free to reach out to @bookworm274 [http://www.7cups.com/@bookworm274], or @hopebeyondpain [http://www.7cups.com/@hopebeyondpain], or @Suryansh [http://www.7cups.com/@Suryansh]. Tagging: @ASilentObserver @AnnaTess @bookworm274 @hopebeyondpain

Welcome to the Group Support Community, a place where listeners and members can gather information, share feedback, and learn together!

Find our Group Support Discussion Schedule HERE.

New to the 7 Cups community? Members, click HERE and Listeners click HERE for more information about getting started on your 7 Cups journey.

For information about joining group support rooms click HERE.. For the Group Support Rotation Schedule, click HERE

Keeping group rooms safe and supportive is a top priority at 7 Cups. Please familiarize yourself with the chatroom rules located at the bottom of each chat room. Click HERE to learn more about group room safety.  

Please join us in our newest and most popular room, Sharing Circle Here you will find the opportunity to share your thoughts with the community and receive personal support, . Once you have experinced all the rooms have to offer, you are invited to join the team as a host. For information on joining the team as a host by click HERE.

Listeners, would you like to join the Group Support Team? Click HERE for Room Supporters or HERE for Community Centered Moderators.

Schedules - Community Mod Schedule 

Community Managers Ask Me Anything l More Group Support Updates l Mission Statement  l FAQs l Resources

Community Leaders
Community Mentor Leader
Community Mentor / Teen Community Star