Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Re-Introducing Group Support Team Discussions

ASilentObserver July 9th, 2021

Hello Room Supporters and Moderators Team,

I hope you are doing well. Thank you for taking care of the group support chat rooms and making it a better space.

I am excited to re-introduce: Group Support Discussions & Skill Building Sessions!

We provide support in the chat rooms every day and so we are experiencing different scenarios and events, observing the support and safety level in the rooms and in some scenarios we feel challenged.

But what you are experiencing as a room supporter or chat room moderator may be different than a fellow room supporter or chat room moderator experiencing. So, to learn more about those experiences, challenges and learn more about our roles, expectations, skills refresher and developing new skills, these discussion sessions will help us.

So, to revive and strengthen these discussions for our better knowledge and learning, I invite you all to help me in two ways!

• Participate in these sessions as it is started for you only!
  • Host a couple to help us with hosting coverage for these sessions.

Who all can participate?
All Room Supporters & Chat room Moderators

How can I sign up?

The schedule will be tockified and posted to keep everyone in the Room supporters and chat room moderators team updated.

How often can one host these sessions?
Anyone could host a maximum of 3 sessions in a week.

Please let me know if you have any questions, thoughts in the comments. Let’s learn and grow together to serve the community better! Red heart

Thank you! Red heart

kindLemonade July 9th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

Thank you Obs! This is a fantastic way to help Mods and room supporters strengthen our understanding.
1) May I ask, can Moderator lead Room Supporter's discussions or they can only guide the Mod discussion's sessions?
2) Signed up on the sheet! yes

ASilentObserver OP July 9th, 2021

@kindLemonade They can Lemon. Thank you Red heart

IceCream4IceCream July 9th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

Hi Obs! This is a great idea. Could this maybe be added to scripts that the listener discussion team can use as some of us are moderators? We could schedule these as moderator specific sessions.

ve3ciel July 9th, 2021

@ASilentObserver

Thank you Obs! This is a really great idea. Will these sessions include member room supporters as well? And if so, in which room/s will they be held?

InquireWithin July 9th, 2021

@ve3ciel
I second this good question. as I am a Member Room Supporter and because we don't get Room Supporter badges or labels or whatever next to our names in Sharing Circle, it's not clear to others that we are indeed Room Supporters :)

kindLemonade July 10th, 2021

@InquireWithin
Oh wow, thanks for voicing it out - I hope that your room supporter badge's issue will get sorted soon. Thanks for contributing your time and energy to chat rooms heart

kindLemonade July 16th, 2021

@ASilentObserver
Hello everyone

De-escalation Skill - Group Support Team Discussion

Sun Jul 18th 10:00am - 11:00am (EDT)
Group-Support

You are invited to join @kindLemonade and @musicalHarmony for a discussion on how to resolve conflict in group support chatrooms using de-escalation in the Group Support Zone. This is for all Room Supporters and Moderators.