Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav
Community /

Group Support

Create a New Thread
Gif Photo Link
Wellness Accountability Huddles: Apply Now!
by SoulfullyAButterfly
Last post
8 hours ago
...See more Ready to Transform Your Wellness with Accountability? Setting specific health and wellness goals is an effective way to improve your physical and mental wellbeing. These can include goals like exercising regularly, eating more vegetables, drinking more water, or finding time for mindfulness. Having a defined time frame adds structure, helping you stay focused and committed as you work toward achieving these goals. Ask yourself right now: what do you want to improve on in your life? Tips to Make Your Wellness Goals Easy to Track and Follow Through With: * Make your goal specific and measurable. For example, "do 30 minutes of exercise each day" or "read 1 chapter of my book each day". Specific and measurable goals are easier to track. * Keep it simple! Avoid overwhelming yourself by starting small. Committing to 1-3 daily tasks can make it more manageable and sustainable. Now, how does this apply to 7 Cups, and being accountable? You’re much more likely to succeed when you share your progress with others, and that’s where our Wellness Accountability Huddles come in. A Huddle is a group chat where the same participants meet up regularly to chat about common issues/interests in order to learn more about and deeply explore them. Our Huddles take place inside the 7 Cups group chat system and aim to provide groups of users continuous support and social connection. We are excited to launch Wellness Accountability Huddles. The Huddle journey will last for 5 weeks. The expected launch dates of these Huddles are within 2 weeks of this announcement. Please check your availability before applying. Structure: What Will a Huddle Consist Of? Each Huddle will aim to have around 20-30 members. The group will be open 24/7 and only badged members will have access. Thus, it is an opportunity for a shared, closer connection. 3 huddle groups will be created to accommodate groups of users in the current round, and we hope to onboard further interested users when the first “batch” is completed.  * This Huddle opportunity is available for members only. Listeners are encouraged to switch to a member account to participate. * This Huddle is currently open to adult users only.  Your Huddle experience will involve: * Once accepted, you will be asked to introduce yourself and some of your goals for joining the Huddle. Introducing yourself as well as participating during the first Huddle week at least once is compulsory to confirm your spot - these 2 actions will help you build the foundation of your longer-lasting journey! Here is what you can expect during your Huddle journey: Week 1 - Introductions Week 2 - Embracing Goals (and starting to share our progress) Week 3 - The Power of Mindfulness and Self-Care Week 4 - Managing Setbacks Week 5 - Celebrating Progress  The only expectations of you (other than participating every week!) is that you are willing to share the goals you are interested in as well as some commitment to work on some progress while sharing it. You are open to hearing other people’s stories and goals and will treat each of your peers with respect.  Some recommendations to ensure a beneficial experience include: * Try to participate in the group chat at least once a week. While you do not have to answer each prompt, you can share your daily experiences or other concerns. * Read other responses and reply to other participants: helping one another explore our reflections helps us all benefit from the interaction. Apart from the above guidelines, all users are expected to follow the general chatroom guidelines [https://www.7cups.com/community-guidelines/Member-Chatroom-Guidelines-9de0c9c1b6114d14a130f1b842af36fe]and the community guidelines [https://www.7cups.com/community-guidelines/]. For any further questions or feedback, you can PM @SoulfullyAButterfly or send an email to ayesha@7cups.com Ready to Sign Up? Please fill in this form [https://forms.gle/FWJro9iKPKaWTSBt5].
Changes to Group Chat Structure to Foster Community
by ASilentObserver
Last post
Saturday
...See more Hi everyone, We have recently noticed a decline in support and participation in our group chats. While we appreciate everyone's contributions, we have found that the low activity level in different group chats has discouraged many members from engaging in conversations. Many enter the quieter chats and when they see it quiet, they tend to leave which is doing no good to offer them much-needed support.  To ensure that our group chats remain vibrant and inclusive support spaces for everyone, we are making a few adjustments: * Group Chats’ Pop-up Status: The following group chats will temporarily return to pop-up status. This means these group chats will be open during scheduled discussions or as per your request. To request these chats to open, these requirements need to be fulfilled:  * At least 3-5 participants are willing to participate in a specific group chat.  * Or, they can become room support or discussion leaders for specific group chats and host at least 2 weekly sessions.  * If you meet either of the requirements, you can inform a community moderator on shift to help you open a group chat for a specific period (let’s say 60 minutes). After completion of discussion, the room will be closed.    * Re-evaluation Period: We will monitor participation and reassess the situation every month.  * The group chats return to popup chats:  * Relationship Support * LGBTQ Support * Listener Community Room Also, we updated the rotation group chat schedule after assessing the participation & support levels. The new rotational schedule is as follows: * Monday & Tuesday: Loneliness Support * Wednesday: Anxiety Support * Thursday & Friday: Relationship Support * Saturday & Sunday: Trauma Support We hope this change will encourage more active support and engagement and make it easier for everyone to stay connected. Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.  Thank you.   @heather225
Sharing Circle: Finding my voice!
by ASilentObserver
Last post
August 29th
...See more Hello again, I hope everyone is taking it easy this week.  I am back with a new story to tell about how Sharing Circle helped a participant. A couple of weeks ago, @powerfulOak2587  shared their experiences in the Sharing Circle here!  [https://www.7cups.com/forum/groupmod/MemberSharingCircles_2109/OaksSharingCircleExperience_334513/] This week, @ArborealGuitarist joined us to share their experiences in the Sharing Circle. Arbor is one of the regular participants of Sharing Circle and joined the community in Feb 2024  Arbor shares,  "Four months ago, I found Sharing Circle, a space I never knew I needed. At the start, I was hesitant, unsure if I could truly open up to anyone. But the warmth and acceptance that greeted me quickly helped to overcome those doubts. The circle's structured format provides a comforting framework, ensuring everyone gets a chance to share their thoughts and emotions. It creates a sense of safety and equality, making it easy to share thoughts and feelings without judgment. It is more like finding a family where everyone listens, understands, and supports each other. Through sharing my own experiences and listening to others, I have become a more empathetic and compassionate person. It helped me develop better listening skills and gave me the confidence to express myself authentically. It is a place where I feel truly heard and supported, and I am grateful for the positive impact it's had on my life. I would highly recommend Sharing Circle to anyone seeking a supportive space where they can connect with others, grow personally, and find their voice. Sharing Circle could be that space for them."  Join Sharing Circle with us today!  [https://www.7cups.com/chat/?c=2_e900fbcbe5db2b7bSaBpz_hkdPa6dGxRZeleXg]We look forward to seeing you there! 

Welcome to the Group Support Community, a place where listeners and members can gather information, share feedback, and learn together!

Find our Group Support Discussion Schedule HERE.

New to the 7 Cups community? Members, click HERE and Listeners click HERE for more information about getting started on your 7 Cups journey.

For information about joining group support rooms click HERE.. For the Group Support Rotation Schedule, click HERE

Keeping group rooms safe and supportive is a top priority at 7 Cups. Please familiarize yourself with the chatroom rules located at the bottom of each chat room. Click HERE to learn more about group room safety.  

Please join us in our newest and most popular room, Sharing Circle Here you will find the opportunity to share your thoughts with the community and receive personal support, . Once you have experinced all the rooms have to offer, you are invited to join the team as a host. For information on joining the team as a host by click HERE.

Listeners, would you like to join the Group Support Team? Click HERE for Room Supporters or HERE for Community Centered Moderators.

Schedules - Community Mod Schedule 

Community Managers Ask Me Anything l More Group Support Updates l Mission Statement  l FAQs l Resources

Community Leaders
Community Mentor Leader
Community Mentor / Teen Community Star