Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

New Criteria to Access Group Chats Live Now!

ASilentObserver July 5th, 2022

Hi community, As you all may know, we were working on making changes to the criteria to access group chats. Please read this post for more details!

I am excited to inform you that the new criteria are live on-site now. I hope you all may find this change helpful and easier to access the chatrooms. The new criteria are:

Only for Member Group Chats

• For Members: (Both Adults and Teens)

_1656323279.673c3257c451d27cbd160eece59ff54e.png

• Tier 0 (Accessible by everyone)
      • Rooms: Sharing Circle, Free Hugs, ASilentObserver Office, Support Session, Special Events
    • Tier 1 = Basic Chatrooms
      • Rooms: Support Room 24/7, General Support, Member Community Room
      • Badges will be required: Either Chief Chat OR First Post OR Complete 10 path steps
        • Chief Chat: for completing the first conversation 1-1
        • First Post: for creating the first Forum Post
        • Complete 10 path steps
    • Tier 2 = Topic Chatrooms

For Listeners in the Member Group Chat (Both Adults and Teens)

_1656323309.687b80cdc215f40acd199ba75dd1c199.png

If you experience any issues or challenges, please do let us know. Thank you <3
Looking forward to seeing you all in the group chats and listening, supporting, and getting to know each other.

All texts in blue color are clickable and hyperlinked.

Important Notes based on the feedback!

• When it says "Badges will be required: Either Chief Chat OR First Post OR Complete 10 path steps": It means that any one of the badges will be required to access basic chatrooms and not all three. If you have it then great but you need only one of them to access the basic chatrooms like Support Room or Member community Room.
  • Privacy concerns related to attempting Compassion Course: To take the quiz and submit your responses, you are NOT required to have a Gmail account or a real name. All it needs is your 7cups account username and that is also only needed for the badging purpose. Your privacy is our priority and we DON'T ask for any personal information or email contact.
  • How to check what you may need to access group chats: Please "Go to https://www.7cups.com/connect/groupChatrooms.php page and click on the "Unlock Group Chat" button and see if one of the checkboxes is unchecked? If you have a Chief Chat badge and the first 3 checkboxes are ticked for you, then you have access to the basic chat rooms. But if the boxes showing ticked for you and still unable to access, then please send me a message and we will figure out why you don't have access.
whoajoey May 29th, 2023

I am sadly disappointed. I only joined to learn how to deal with my stress. I am unable to jump through these hoops to gain access to help. I am over fifty and navigating this website has only added to my stress. I am going to delete my profile now,

Thanks anyway.

ASilentObserver OP May 31st, 2023

@whoajoey Hi Joey, I am sorry to hear that but please know you can access some open rooms like sharing circle, support room etc. Please know we are all here with you to listen to and support. You are not alone in this and I cna help you navigate through these steps or anything else too.

Walker7957 December 28th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

Hello how do I unlock garden room please?

Georginahowe December 28th, 2023

@ASilentObserver

Why cant i access exploration garden ?

Walker7957 December 28th, 2023

@Georginahowe

You copied me!

BeingHuman90s June 7th

I want to access tier 2 rooms... Idk what's the issue. Maybe a badge missing... Please let me use those. Thanks

ASilentObserver OP June 11th

@BeingHuman90s it seems like you need to complete listener community guide to get Community 101  badge: https://www.7cups.com/listener-community-guide/