Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Huddles Season 4: Applications Now Open!

SoulfullyAButterfly May 5th, 2023

7-cups-huddles-1_1683298897.png

A Huddle is a group chat where the same participants meet up regularly to chat about common issues/interests in order to learn more about and deeply explore them. Our Huddles take place inside the 7 Cups group chat system and aim to provide groups of users continuous support and social connection.

We are excited to launch Season 4 of Huddles with several topic based Huddles to sign up for. As the number of participants per Huddle are limited, we encourage you to apply to only 1 Huddle at a time.

The expected launch dates of these Huddles is within 2 weeks of this announcement. Please check your availability before applying.

Structure: What Will a Huddle Consist Of?

Each Huddle will aim to have 7+ members. Your Huddle peers have a shared interest in the same topic, with varied experiences. The group will be open 24/7 and only badged members will have access. Thus, it is an opportunity for a shared, closer connection. Multiple huddle groups will be created to accommodate groups of 7+ users. Each group will also allow up to 3 listeners to join in order to help everyone explore the topic. As Huddles are all about exploration and support, listeners may also share their personal reflections and experiences while supporting others.

Your Huddle experience will involve:

• Once accepted, you will be asked to introduce yourself and some of your goals for joining the Huddle. Introducing yourself as well as participating during the first Huddle week at least once is compulsory to confirm your spot - these 2 actions will help you build the foundation of your longer-lasting journey!

• The huddle group chat will feature 2-3 prompts per week surrounding different themes and topics during the guided journey. Once the guided Huddle journey is over, you will be able to stay in touch with the new connections if the group votes to keep the chat open.

The only expectations of you (other than participating every week!) is that you are willing to share some of your story, are open to hearing other people’s stories, and treat each of your peers with respect.

Some recommendations to ensure a beneficial experience include:

• Try to participate in the group chat at least once a week. While you do not have to answer each prompt, you can share about your daily experiences or other concerns.

• Read other responses and reply to other participants: helping one another explore our reflections helps us all benefit from the interaction.

Apart from the above guidelines, all users are expected to follow the general chatroom guidelines and the community guidelines.

For any further questions or feedback, you can PM @SoulfullyAButterfly or send an email to ayesha@7cups.com

Season 4 Huddle Topics

All of these Huddles will have a 6-week guided journey:

1. Women’s Issues: Connect with other women experiencing different challenges and learn how to cope with change, embrace emotions, and develop resilience.

2. Men’s Issues: Connect with other men to explore how to deal with male challenges, cope with change and develop resilience as you grow together.

3. Wellness and Accountability: Join the wellness goals challenge in which you can set your own wellness goals and challenge yourself to achieve them within a certain time period while discovering the power of mindfulness, self-care with a support group cheering you on.

4. Work Stress: Explore your stress triggers and discover coping strategies to try out while supporting one another.

5. Anxiety Support: Learn more about your anxiety while exploring your triggers and develop management techniques as you seek support.

6. Relationship Support: Self-reflect and seek support for relationship challenges as you explore communication and conflict resolution skills.

7. Intermittent Fasting: Set personal goals, explore mindfulness and celebrate achievement as you practice intermittent fasting as a group. Please note that you will need to consult a medical professional about your eligibility for intermittent fasting prior to joining the group.

Ready to Sign Up?

Please fill in this form.

YourCaringConfidant May 5th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly Yayyy, huddle time! I know you said it is encouraged to only pick 1 huddle at a time but does that mean we can only do 1? I'm interested in 2. 😶 Lol.

SoulfullyAButterfly OP May 5th, 2023

@YourCaringConfidant you can send in an application for both but we might need to ask you to pick one so perhaps you can send 2 separate applications and also highlight which topic you would prefer.

YourCaringConfidant May 5th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly I literally just sent 2 different forms selecting my 2 interests just in case. Thanks. Fingers crossed 🤞. ♡ So glad the huddles are back. :)

Vivikun9 May 5th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I signed up for the realtionships huddle ^3^ I never done this and I think this will help me as I been reaching out for support of late but I just seem can't go to my friends and family atm for help

Phylomena May 7th, 2023

What's up? How can I help?

masterekat May 5th, 2023

Just submitted an application! This will be an interesting experience, and I’m looking forward to it!

Littlefairy28 May 5th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I have never attended it but now I am I hope it will help me 😄. I am in butterfly🦋

Helper127 May 5th, 2023

@PeachPuppy I thought this might be what you inquired about a few days ago?

BerriesInBloom May 5th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Hello. I noticed that for the women's support group, the slogan "embrace emotions" is used, but it is not used for the men's support group. How come?

SoulfullyAButterfly OP May 5th, 2023

@BerriesInBloom Hi Berries, the descriptions are just varied and do not cover the entire agendas, but I can assure you that both Women's and Men's support groups will have similar agendas, meaning that we will also get to cover "Embracing Emotions" for one of the weeks! Once everyone gets access to their huddle groups, they will get to view the weekly agendas.

BerriesInBloom May 7th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly It is important to address the sexist implications of associating females with emotions and not males. By using the phrase 'embrace emotions' exclusively for the women's support group, it reinforces the stereotype that women are more emotional than men, which is not only inaccurate but also harmful.

cyanPlatypus6370 May 8th, 2023

I agree, in part.

It is definitely important to treat all people with dignity and respect. When it comes to emotions, physicality, mental or intelligence things, etc. these are things that make us human beings. I think @soulfullyabutterfly and the leaders were just making a very short, small introduction-like thing for each group. Please forgive leadership as I am *sure* they were NOT trying to be sexist or giving preference to one group over another. And I am quite sure they would agree in apologizing, if anyone read it as something other than the intention, or were triggered by how the different group descriptions were worded.

I get your point, I think. I hope that you can see 'the point' as the leaders have written here. In my viewpoint that is: short, sweet, quick and then everyone will have the full list of weekly topics once he or she has signed up.

Take care, @BerriesInBloom ... Did you sign up for a Huddle? :)

BerriesInBloom May 8th, 2023

@cyanPlatypus6370 Maybe it's not their intention, but the result is the same and the message hasn't even been corrected. I can forgive something when the people responsible for it are sorry, and that's not the case. Personally, I don't want to participate in a huddle that doesn't listen to feedback and spreads sexist speeches.

cyanPlatypus6370 May 15th, 2023

@BerriesInBloom That is easy, don't sign up.

You don't need to be upset with me. I'm just saying that the leaders of this site are very busy and I'm about 1,000% sure that they meant no sexism or racism or any other demeaning sort of thing in their wording.

Direct your frustration and anger toward them. And someone might respond. Or just forget it, as they were not intending to hurt you in the first place (or anyone else). @7cupscommunity @heather225

I will take myself out of this conversation now. If you direct your questions directly, you are more likely to get an appropriate response. People do NOT like to argue on 7cups - it is generally not helpful for anyone. Thanks for your comment to me, please direct it to the correct person/people. Sincerely, cyanplatypus6370

Jaeteuk May 5th, 2023

Looking forward to another huddle group support.

@SoulfullyAButterfly

YesYouMatter May 5th, 2023

Looking foreward to this!

Vitalda May 5th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly, yuppies 😊😊. *Encourages everyone to be a part of it ( if comfortable) *

compassionateOak202 May 6th, 2023

I just heard about this for the first time, but sadly this conflicts with my travels in June, so I might have to try joining next time 😔.

DaisyDaph May 6th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Thank you so much for this amazing opportunity to mingle with like-minded people as we learn and grow together. 💜

SoulfullyAButterfly OP May 6th, 2023

@Walker7957 the huddles rooms will now be open 24/7.

YourCaringConfidant May 8th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly I'm so excited about the huddles! Thanks for all you do.

tanish0007 May 7th, 2023

when will we get results

cyanPlatypus6370 May 8th, 2023

@soulfullyaButterfly

I agree - same question. The form told me just now "Your response has been submitted." Sunday, May 7th, 2023 about 11:10pm 7cups of tea time :) EDT

SoulfullyAButterfly OP May 8th, 2023

@cyanPlatypus6370 @tanish0007 I'll be reaching out soon and as this post mentions the huddles will begin in around 2 weeks.

Sphumi08 May 7th, 2023

This sounds interesting, let me sign up😊

Barltik2065 May 8th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I will be glad to help where I am able to help and will participate where I can.

xandia May 9th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly

I have signed up for the relationship huddle. I hope I can access this huddle currently being offered. I could use the help. ❤️😉

UnaDawn May 9th, 2023

Does applications mean we can be denied? On what grounds? Rejection sensitive here.

SoulfullyAButterfly OP May 10th, 2023

@UnaDawn Hi there, the criteria is not too strict. I would encourage you to apply. You can PM me any concerns or questions.

Moonzies May 10th, 2023

I am intrested but what about the persons time zone if it’s different

SoulfullyAButterfly OP May 10th, 2023

@Moonzies we try to match users in rooms that match timezones but the rooms are open 24/7 and save messages enough to stay connected.

adorkable613 May 11th, 2023

How does this work how do I sign up?

cyanPlatypus6370 May 15th, 2023

@adorkable613 Look back to the very first post here. See at the bottom where it says: "Ready to sign up? Please fill in this form." The word 'form' is highlighted in blue, this means it is a link. Click on it and it will take you to the page to sign up and mark your preferences :) <3 Platy

diapendant May 16th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly finished signing up!!! im sooo excited ( im new here)😁

SoulfullyAButterfly OP May 17th, 2023

@diapendant welcome to the community! The huddles are a great place to start

ASilentBunny May 17th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly That's amazing, thank you for the wonderful post!

PeacefulMind4332 May 18th, 2023

Hi, I’m new and would lie to try this.

@SoulfullyAButterfly

Are their age restrictions?

Sunisshiningandsoareyou May 20th, 2023

@Iwritestoriessocallmecloud

The youngest age I see on the application form is 18, so guessing these huddles are for everyone 18 and over!

cyanPlatypus6370 May 19th, 2023

@SoulfullyAButterfly ... when do we know if we are picked to be in one of the six huddles?

I just keep checking back here for updates. Is that best?? ~ Platy

note: I have not ever done a Huddle before. *newbie!*