Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Huddles Season 4: Applications Now Open!

SoulfullyAButterfly May 5th, 2023

7-cups-huddles-1_1683298897.png

A Huddle is a group chat where the same participants meet up regularly to chat about common issues/interests in order to learn more about and deeply explore them. Our Huddles take place inside the 7 Cups group chat system and aim to provide groups of users continuous support and social connection.

We are excited to launch Season 4 of Huddles with several topic based Huddles to sign up for. As the number of participants per Huddle are limited, we encourage you to apply to only 1 Huddle at a time.

The expected launch dates of these Huddles is within 2 weeks of this announcement. Please check your availability before applying.

Structure: What Will a Huddle Consist Of?

Each Huddle will aim to have 7+ members. Your Huddle peers have a shared interest in the same topic, with varied experiences. The group will be open 24/7 and only badged members will have access. Thus, it is an opportunity for a shared, closer connection. Multiple huddle groups will be created to accommodate groups of 7+ users. Each group will also allow up to 3 listeners to join in order to help everyone explore the topic. As Huddles are all about exploration and support, listeners may also share their personal reflections and experiences while supporting others.

Your Huddle experience will involve:

• Once accepted, you will be asked to introduce yourself and some of your goals for joining the Huddle. Introducing yourself as well as participating during the first Huddle week at least once is compulsory to confirm your spot - these 2 actions will help you build the foundation of your longer-lasting journey!

• The huddle group chat will feature 2-3 prompts per week surrounding different themes and topics during the guided journey. Once the guided Huddle journey is over, you will be able to stay in touch with the new connections if the group votes to keep the chat open.

The only expectations of you (other than participating every week!) is that you are willing to share some of your story, are open to hearing other people’s stories, and treat each of your peers with respect.

Some recommendations to ensure a beneficial experience include:

• Try to participate in the group chat at least once a week. While you do not have to answer each prompt, you can share about your daily experiences or other concerns.

• Read other responses and reply to other participants: helping one another explore our reflections helps us all benefit from the interaction.

Apart from the above guidelines, all users are expected to follow the general chatroom guidelines and the community guidelines.

For any further questions or feedback, you can PM @SoulfullyAButterfly or send an email to ayesha@7cups.com

Season 4 Huddle Topics

All of these Huddles will have a 6-week guided journey:

1. Women’s Issues: Connect with other women experiencing different challenges and learn how to cope with change, embrace emotions, and develop resilience.

2. Men’s Issues: Connect with other men to explore how to deal with male challenges, cope with change and develop resilience as you grow together.

3. Wellness and Accountability: Join the wellness goals challenge in which you can set your own wellness goals and challenge yourself to achieve them within a certain time period while discovering the power of mindfulness, self-care with a support group cheering you on.

4. Work Stress: Explore your stress triggers and discover coping strategies to try out while supporting one another.

5. Anxiety Support: Learn more about your anxiety while exploring your triggers and develop management techniques as you seek support.

6. Relationship Support: Self-reflect and seek support for relationship challenges as you explore communication and conflict resolution skills.

7. Intermittent Fasting: Set personal goals, explore mindfulness and celebrate achievement as you practice intermittent fasting as a group. Please note that you will need to consult a medical professional about your eligibility for intermittent fasting prior to joining the group.

Ready to Sign Up?

Please fill in this form.

BerriesInBloom May 20th, 2023

@cyanPlatypus6370

It appears that you accuse me of being upset with you, despite the fact that my initial message had no relevance to you whatsoever. However, for some reason, you seem to have taken it personally, which does not work in your favour.

It is crucial to acknowledge that none of us can be certain of the intentions of leaders, and it is indeed impossible for any of them to be completely free from sexism or racism. Your strong inclination to believe otherwise is quite concerning. The particular phrasing I criticized was inherently sexist, and that is a fact. By turning my comment into something about you, you manipulate what I said. It is essential to allow constructive criticism, and your attempt to prevent me from doing so is a serious matter.

I want to emphasize that my comment was very polite and appropriate, as evidenced by the response I received. Therefore, I'm unsure why you claim otherwise. I have witnessed numerous individuals engaging in disrespectful arguments and hurling insults here, which has never been the case with me. Once again, criticizing something does not equate to seeking conflict. These misconceptions are misleading and dangerous. It is absolutely necessary and crucial to denounce injustices as soon as we perceive them.

Jaeteuk June 15th, 2023

Butterfly, I signed up earlier when you first made this post. I haven't heard of anything since. Have they started already or because of the topic I chose, there weren't enough participants to start a Huddle Group? I was looking forward to participating in a Huddle before I start to get busy with work from July and onwards.

@SoulfullyAButterfly

SoulfullyAButterfly OP June 16th, 2023

@Jaeteuk Hi Jae, I will reach out to you today/this weekend and you can start Huddling next week, we had some delays due to some group chat bugs and updates.

Jaeteuk June 16th, 2023

I see. Sounds good. I was afraid that it had been forgotten.

@SoulfullyAButterfly