Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Gratitude Journal Prompt

Angelanj June 17th

Hey guys! Here's a gratitude Journal Prompt for today : How do you find joy and purpose through acts of kindness?

Happy journalling! ☺️💕

@Angelanj

Ooh that's a lovely prompt, thanks for sharing. 💖

Angelanj OP June 17th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou you're welcome 🤗

Tinywhisper11 June 17th

@Angelanj ❤❤

Angelanj OP June 17th

@Tinywhisper11 ❤️

Averie123 June 17th

I like seeing people happy, it makes me happy, I like being nice to others! Great prompt!

Angelanj OP June 17th

@Averie123 I'm glad to hear that! ☺️ And you're welcome 

GoldenRuleJG July 18th

@Averie123 This is such a pure quality to have <3 :)

Heather225 June 17th

@Angelanj

it's fulfilling knowing i've improved someone's life, even if just through a small daily act. every good thing we do leaves a mark on the world and i want to make as many as possible.

thank you for helping cultivate gratitude through this post! good stuff

Angelanj OP June 17th

@Heather225 indeed! Keep showing kindness to the world and yourself 💕🫂 and you're welcome 🤗

GoldenRuleJG July 18th

@Heather225 yes Heather - your presence can be a source of warmth; you dont need to be so flowerly to make a difference by any means. :) Much love - keep it up!

JustCory88 June 29th

@Angelanj I don't know the reason but it's the only thing that makes me feel fulfilled or like I'm doing life right. Is when I'm helping others.

Angelanj OP June 29th

@JustCory88 That's a fantastic quality to have! There are always people who need help, and you have a gift for making them feel better. Imagine all the positive impact you'll have in the future! ❤️

JustCory88 June 29th

Thanks I don't know how good it makes me I think this is how we were meant to be so it's supposed to be standard

Dips1 July 6th

@Angelanj

great prompt, and just being here on 7 cups and making the slighest difference by helping people

Angelanj OP July 6th

@Dips1 💖

GoldenRuleJG July 18th

@Dips1 happy you are here with us - keep it up! :)

MxdnightFaerie July 6th

@Angelanj

It's seeing my friends smile or laugh or cheer up when they're sad that makes it all worth it. I'm happy knowing they're happy!

Angelanj OP July 6th

@MxdnightFaerie that's so sweet 🥰

GoldenRuleJG July 18th

@MxdnightFaerie superb! thats good!:)

Maslow July 17th

@Angelanj Through the clarity it allows me to achieve

Angelanj OP July 18th

@Maslow I'm so glad to hear that! ❤️‍🩹😊

Maslow July 18th

Thank you!

rachel0707 July 18th

there’s joy in helping others because you were able to make them smile 💓

GoldenRuleJG July 18th

@Angelanj great question :) 

How do you find joy and purpose through acts of kindness?

- Ask yourself why you are doing what you are doing: The intentions and motivations behind why you do something is so important. If its that you are seeking validation, this can leave you in a space of feeling low when you aren't getting the feedback you want. So wholeheartedly do things. 

- Importantly when someone has a genuine smile on their face you know whatever you did is appreciated, even a simple thank you too. 

- Experiences of any kind whether it be suffering or failure. All of use naturally as humans go through this. For example, even if its through reassurance to others that it is normal to find listening difficult at times as you sometimes can fail to meet what an individual is looking for. Focusing on what someone has done well despite an overall hard situation is needed and may help boost confidence. So words of encouragement can be kind. 

Angelanj OP July 20th

@GoldenRuleJG These are some great tips! Thank you Golden 😊

jzheng2025 August 4th

@Angelanj

Kindness often involves reaching out to others, whether helping a friend, volunteering, or simply offering a kind word. These connections can create a sense of community and belonging, which brings me joy. Knowing that my actions, no matter how small, can positively impact someone's day or life gives me a deep sense of purpose. It's empowering to feel that I can contribute to the well-being of others. When I help others, I develop a greater sense of gratitude.

Angelanj OP August 17th

@jzheng2025 Wonderful! 😊

BlueDarkAurora August 17th

@Angelanj Kindness attracts kindness :) It would feel so much better if we were all surrounded by smiles and appreciations. I love to give out compliments and love it when people do the same selflessly<3 Love to be surrounded by gentle souls and kind hearts. 

hambagucat August 18th

Will definitely use this, thank you! ✨

Angelanj OP August 29th

@hambagucat you're so welcome! 🤗

Ronripleyhorror August 18th

I give hugs and I smile at people that are not having a great day!

Jewelmoon17 August 29th

@Angelanj

When people show me kindness, it's like always new to me.  It surprises me and making me feel overwhelmed that there are strangers or people I am not really close with or who don't know my problems and what I had been going through, but they still offer that kindness that support in times of trouble.

It makes me feel like I am not the only one who is always giving.  But like a pay it forward scenario.  Other people will repays and blessess me.

Gettingbettertoday August 29th

@Angelanj

I don't. No matter how kind i am. How helpful, useful, friendly, giving I am I get nothing from it. 

For me it is a one sided transaction. I give, they get. 

TJItalia August 29th

@Angelanj

Helping members as a listener and reminding them they are not alone in their journey.