Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Here's Hoping!🍁

Sunisshiningandsoareyou September 2nd

Hey hey everyone coming across, how are y'all doing today?🧑

I planned on making this post on September 1st, but am a few hours late (yay procrastinationΒ πŸ₯²) but hey, not too late xD so this counts.πŸ‘€

Okay seriously, is anyone able to believe we are almost 75% done with this year already?!🀯

Time always seems to be flying, and gosh, so difficult to make sense of, at times. (Please tell I'm not alone in this lol)

But okie yes, gonna try that delulu (yusss, I used a GenZ slang 'cause it's funπŸ˜‚) approach and pretend that we acknowledge the time passing, and that it is September already, and we are entering the last quarter of 2024, and it's gonna be okayyy. πŸ’›

A lot can happen over a few minutes, to be honest, a few seconds even, like you've watched the Olympics recently? A few seconds make so much of a difference. So on the brighter side, we still got 4 whole months to ourselves and there's still sooooo much more we can feel, do, experience and live.❀

Now now, reflection time for all-

(you can answer any and all)Β 

🍁 How has 2024 been so far for you? Any core moments you'd like to share about?

🍁 How does the thought about this year ending soon too make you feel?

🍁 Any feasible plans or realistic goals in mind for this last quarter? Anything you'd like to do or experience before this year ends? 

🍁 If your January-2024 self could write a letter to current *you*. What would it say? 

🍁 If none of the prompts interest you enough to share away, no worries~ the floor is yours, feel welcome to share anything that's on your mind currently.

As I always say, it's better with our peers. The sharing, the connecting, the supporting and the encouraging. So don't be shy in inviting your peers to participate.πŸ₯°

I hope this last quarter, treats us all, with a whole lot of love, care, compassion and most importantly, gentleness.🧑

autumn-blessings.gif

Indianboy1994 September 2nd

Hey let's chat

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP September 2nd

@Indianboy1994

Please do feel welcome to share your responses to the prompts mentioned in this thread.

If you'd like to chat with listeners in a 1-1 format, you can browse for available listeners here:Β https://www.7cups.com/BrowseListeners/

sadcat13 September 2nd

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou awww. This was such a cool post I needed right now ❀️

Well. I would say it was a year of learning and growth for me, with a little bit of fun sprinkled in. I'm slowly morphing into the person I would like to be, or at least am on a good way towards becoming one. It wasn't big moments, but the small ones that make up the progress I feel. As of highlighting a moment, I would say it is one I had while on my way to work today. My brain was in the middle of thinking I wasted my life, when something clicked and I had a "wait a moment" moment. How many years of my life have I actually wasted? I gave it a thought and came to conclusion that I didn't waste any. All I did was just moving me in different skill points and enriching me in different ways, making me who I am. Was a huge realisation for me. Hope it will stick lol

Bit scared, but also excited for how will I grow the next and what goals will I set.

🍁 Any feasible plans or realistic goals in mind for this last quarter? Anything you'd like to do or experience before this year ends? 

I still have some goals planned in my planner, hoping to work on those, but for sure I need to finish the doggo comission finally πŸ˜‚

🍁 If your January-2024 self could write a letter to current *you*. What would it say? 

You had 9 months and you still haven't finished that dress 😢 (a project I started some time 6 years ago, almost was ready with and had to pick it apart over a stupid mistake i made at the beginning). Good job otherwise tho

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP September 3rd

@sadcat13

Aw hey Cat, it's great to see you and yay, I'm glad you found this post at a good time and found it cool too.πŸ’–

That is one lovely reflection on your year so far. It's indeed how the small things add up and remind us of the progress we've made and the great we did, in not so 'fancy' or grand ways too. Superrr happy to hear it has been a year filled with growth and learning forΒ  you, with that perfect sprinkle of some fun.πŸ₯°

These "wait a moment" moments are so necessary hehe, and when they make us realise good things about ourselves, it's the best feeling evaaa, I do hope you get to make pauses for more such positive realizations, and eventually as you continue to nurture this self-belief, may it continue to grow.πŸ’–

Feeling both scared and excited is the mix-bag, I'm sure many would relate with hehe. I feel in awe of how goal-focused you are and it's simply inspiring to hear you put in that time and effort in setting and realizing goals for yourself.Β 

What's the doggo commission thing? :0Β 

Ooh yes, I remember that forum thread you made regarding unfinished-projects xD it's soooo difficult getting back into the swing of things after losing that initial drive, and specially after 'mistakes', but hey, it's alrighty to make mistakes (yes, I know, i know, how new is this?! XD just that repeated reminders help 'em braincells to be a lil less meanie towards us, hopefully) soooo a big YAY for doing an ah-mazing job otherwise and I'm wishing you all the best for the rest of this year.

Don't forget to treat yourself with kindness while you're at it!πŸ’–

sadcat13 September 10th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou awww, thank you for your sweet reply 😊 It is a drawing i am making for my moms friend of her dog she has 😊 Yesss i hope the rest of the year will be just as nice as the first part was and i get to finish some stuff

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP September 10th

@sadcat13

Of course.😊 And yay that sounds pawwwfecttt, hope it turns out absolutely amazing like the rest of this year for you!🌻

StrawberryShaken September 2nd

Hello everyone!! I hope your September is going smoothly.

2024 has been quite challenging for me but I've experienced a lot of changes for the better. I moved in with my partner and finally have a safe and loving home in a neighborhood we both like. We are about to adopt a pair of kittens!! πŸ˜ƒβ™₯️

I also started therapy and I'm looking forward to learning more about DBT this month and how it can help me overcome the trauma and anxiety I have.

Hey hey @StrawberryShaken,  thank you for that kind opening. Wishing you a great September as well.😊

I'm so proud of you for sailing through the storming times this past year, despite how challenging it was, and embracing the positive changes within.

Oh wow, a loving and safe home in a likable neighborhood is such a luxury, I feel, am really happy for you and wait what, kittens?!!!πŸ₯ΊπŸ€©πŸ₯° I'm already excited for you hehe, if you're comfy, you can share their pictures with the community later when you welcome them home.πŸ’–

This keeps getting better. Incredibly commendable starting therapy and being more actively involved in your healing journey.Β 

I truly wish things continue to feel better for you, may you experience more safe spaces and compassionate breakthroughs.πŸ€—

Ooh and if you'd like to check out some more on DBT and connect with your peers here to share and discuss more, I love this (a little old-ish but still quite relevant) series of discussion posts here:Β 

https://www.7cups.com/forum/personalitydisorders/Resources_2667/DBTuesdayMasterpost_274756/ @QuietMagic did a brilliant job with it.😊

StrawberryShaken September 9th

Thank you for responding and your kind words! Our kittens names are Taco and Bell. And thanks for the info on DBT too. :) (I'm on the app and my gallery button isn't working though). Taco is a bit bigger and fluffy, brown and black stripes. The other is grey with a white face and tummy :)

@StrawberryShaken

Awww Taco and Bell sound absolutely adorable hehe. Love the name choice lol!πŸ˜„

And you're so welcome. Good wishes.

Admirablerainbow2825 September 3rd

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

2024 has been good so far. Until now, I can say that I have learned something from my experiences of various situations. It has impacted me in a positive way. Though I may have made mistakes, I take it as an opportunity to learn as no one is perfect.

It reminds me to stay and enjoy the present moment. It doesn't matter whether the year is ending soon or not but it is important to live in the present moment and practice mindfulness. It is important that we don't worry about the future. But we can plan for the future. But as we experience various situations, things will become clear to mind.

I would like to lose some weight maybe 2-3kgs.

I can achieve this goal by doing simple kinds of physical activity like taking the stairs instead of the elevator.Β 

Dear January-2024 self,

How are you? Hope you are doing good. It is okay to feel that way. We all feel sometimes and let go of those feelings. There will be times when the situations or events in your life are difficult to deal with. We cannot go about complaining. It is just going to diminish our energy and time. Why don't you start working on yourself. Stop comparing yourself with others. Be patient. Do things slowly. It is all about accepting the situation and emotions that come to mind.

September 2024 self

🍁 If none of the prompts interest you enough to share away, no worries~ the floor is yours, feel welcome to share anything that's on your mind currently.

Hi hi @Admirablerainbow2825, nice to hear from you.😊

That is such a positive mindset to have. Yes, indeed, mistakes are common and no one's perfect, we learn as we grow. I'm glad you've had a good year so far as you continue to embrace the lessons in a positive light.

Thank you for the reminder, to not worry about the future and be more present in the moment.

How do you practice mindfulness? Any tips for those wanting to begin their journey with mindfulness?

It is a great goal to have, after you've considered your health-needs. The (not so) little most steps make a lot of difference, so yay for having a plan to achieve your goals, in mind.Β  Our awesome peer @EchoEce17 also started this cool series recently and I think it would be helpful if you'd like some encouraging reminders and peer support along the way:Β https://www.7cups.com/forum/healthyliving/HealthyLivingBuddies_1018/JoinOurWeightManagementJourney_335354/

I love your letter to self. Reminding ourselves to maintain our peace, accept situations as they come, embrace our emotions and trying to work on yourself and things within our control instead of worrying about that isn't, is so so needed.Β 

Thanks a lot for sharing such inspiring thoughts. Wishing you well for your goals and rest of this year.πŸ’›

EchoEce17 September 3rd

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Hey there, thank you for the mention and to appreciate it. Now I feel guilty for not posting it on Sunday as I hardly get time to be here, but yes, your words are a fuel to my motivation.Β 

Will try to do it as I said, I already have a lot many topics to bring up for anyone who is wishing to get their fitness dream come true.Β 
Lots of love <3

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP September 5th

@EchoEce17

Aw hey, this is spare-time-work, and you're allowed to take out time for yourself/ be here only after you cater to your off-cups life and responsibilities.πŸ’›

I'm glad this fueled some motivation though and sooo looking forward to see this series shine brighter.πŸ€—

Lots of love back.

EchoEce17 September 9th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thank you so much. Take care! <3 <3 <3

Admirablerainbow2825 September 4th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

You're Welcome.

Thank you for the post.

WeEarth September 3rd

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Aww, thank you sunΒ πŸ’œ

Yes Sun, it was 2023 and now look it's heading to 2025πŸ™ƒ I agree with that.Β 

This year, so many moments that hold a special place in my heart. Moments of loss, happiness, challenges, new startings, and many more. 2024 was initially a year of confusion, but now seems like I am reflecting on my past and working on myself. 2024 bridged the gap between past years and future, like I know it's present but it somehow acts as a bridge to the coming time.Β 

Its does not make me feel good as I want to continue in the present πŸ˜› I am a flexible and adaptable one, but when it comes to time, I prefer to stay in the present like what if time stops now? I know, its not possible and anyway its good as time heals everything and we can experience, explore and learn moreπŸ’œ

I want to restart a project which I froze much before. I also wanna spend time with family, get back to my role as family historian, complete my new novel, etc.Β 

love-happy.gif

@WeEarth

Hiya Earthy friend, thank *you* for taking out the time to respond and for that adorable gif hehe.πŸ’—

I know right?! Truthfully I'm somewhere still stuck in 2019-2020 lol!Β 

I get what you mean about recognizing that bridge and I'm glad you did, it feels like such an essential step in our life's journey and I'm sure you'll do your best to take it one step at a time in bridging all the gaps between where you currently are and where you want to reach, all in time and at your pace, as you embrace that sweet spot in finding the joys and creating nurturing moments for yourself in the present too!πŸ’—

Oh wow so many amazing goals to work on, and if there's anyone who's going to put their heart and soul into getting things done andddddd enjoying it too, it's *you*. So I'm sending you all the best wishes and hope the rest of this year treats you with more grace and kindness after the eventful moments you've lived through so far!πŸ’—

cheering-cute.gif

uniqueGrace8272 September 3rd

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

hi sunnyyy I hope you still remember me. how are you? 😊 such an interesting post. wherever you go, no matter what the weather is, you always bring your own sunshine.Β πŸ₯°.

I totally get what you mean about this year flying by. It's been a rollercoaster for me too. The end of 2023 and early 2024 were rough for me with my dad's colon cancer diagnosis, but he's doing better now. Surgery went well, we're just keeping our fingers crossed for his continued recovery..

How about you? If you need to talk or share anything, I'm here to listen, always!
I wish the rest of your year is full of joy and happiness. May you keep shining bright like the sun!

@uniqueGrace8272

Hey hey hey, my lovely Gracey, of course I remember your sweet self and how could I not?! Look at you being your incredibly *unique* self as always!πŸ’–

Oh dear, you are melting my heart again with your neverending sweetness hehe. Thank youuuu, Grace, you're too too kind.πŸ˜­πŸ’–

I'm doing as much I can to make it through my days hehe. I appreciate you for asking and your generous offer for PMs.

How've you been?πŸ’–

Oh noes, Grace :( it is so hurtful to hear about your dad's diagnosis, seeing a love one struggle to manage their health is awfully difficult and heart-breaking, to say the least. I get how unnerving it truly feels. :/

I'm so so glad to know his surgery went well and am joining y'all in praying and hoping that he continues to recover and feel super duper better vvv soon.

Please hold on tight to whatever/ whomever that re-fuels your faith and belief and don't forget to practice some self-care too. Your wellbeing is as important.πŸ’–

Keeping you and your family in my thoughts. And sending uber speedy recovery beams his way.🌻

I hope the rest of this year is filled with lots of peace of mind and sunny-warmth for youu.Β Always a message away for you too, feel free to drop by anytime.πŸ€—πŸ’–

hugs-big-hugs.gif

uniqueGrace8272 September 16th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

thank you so much for such a lovely response sunny β˜€οΈπŸ™ˆ. You are such a positive person. So glad to meet you 😊.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP September 17th

@uniqueGrace8272

Likewise, Gracey.πŸ€—

SparkyGizmo September 4th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

❀️❀️❀️

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP September 5th

@SparkyGizmo

πŸ€—β€

kurler-warner-designby-kurlz.gif

SparkyGizmo September 5th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Most grateful for and gladly accepts your *love and hugs* Good Day Sunshine! 😊 ❀️

Sending much *love and big hugs* right back atcha! ❀️❀️❀️

Trust me, you have still been sending me *hugs and love*❀️ day after day with out even knowing so...."smol ones?πŸ₯ΊπŸ‘‰πŸ‘ˆ" haha hahah hahahah! Smh. I copied and pasted it, put in my little google doc that I use to work from around here with links I need to access quickly. Don't even have to wait for that forum post to come through now.

Trust my friend, that ones never going to get old! You are likely to see me lay that one down for you in the future! 🀭 yup! Just when you leastttttttttttttttttttttttt expect it 😁! You are sooooooooooooo amazinggggggggg!

*high fives* 😊 and big big *hugs* ❀️

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP September 15th

@SparkyGizmo

πŸ€£πŸ˜‚πŸ€£πŸ€£πŸ˜‚ Oh dear goodness, my wonderful Spidey twinn, you are truly such a blessing to meeee. Thank youuuu for joining me in the "cheekinesss" always, it gets cheeeeekierrr with you xD and I love it to bits, sharing these wholesome, fun, "fill your cup to the absolute brim and then some more" moments so much. 🧿❀ Using the evil eye emoji here for a little extra karmatic protection (we do be needing that around here lmao #iykykπŸ˜‚πŸ˜­). I love youuuu!πŸ₯ΊπŸ€—❀

*high fives back* and *keeps hugging*Β 

SparkyGizmo September 15th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

I love you too my sweet friend!Β πŸ€—Β β€οΈΒ πŸ€—

VictoriaLove7 September 15th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Β Thank you for this thoughtful ΰ­§β€βƒπŸŒ» article, Sunshine! πŸŒžβ€βŠ‚(α΅”β—‘α΅”βŠ‚)πŸ’—

It is important to reflect on what has happened during the past months and to think of what we want to achieve before this year ends. That way we will remember to do what we need to do to achieve our goals Β ΰ­§( α΅” α΅• α΅” )୨❀

I feel time flies soon fast. Last time I remember it was 2021 α• (q╹○╹q)α•€πŸ’—

🍁 Any feasible plans or realistic goals in mind for this last quarter? 

I used to have a goal (to study and to conquer GMAT especially the quantitative part) but it seems unattainable γƒΎ(> α΄‘ <)οΎ‰β€πŸ’—

Another goal is to teach my dd to use smartphone to order food, ride, but it seems unattainable too α••(⸝⸝>α΄—<⸝⸝)α•—πŸ’—

Anything you'd like to do or experience before this year ends? πŸ‚

I would like to secure a job before this year ends ΰ­§β’βƒΰ­¨πŸ’—

white-blue-simple-be-good-phone-wallpaper-20240915-212242-0000_1726410244.png

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP September 18th

@VictoriaLove7

Hiya Vic, I'm glad you see it this way as well. Yes, reflection is important, however not just to see what else we still have to do, but to also take a pause to applaud ourselves for things we have done so far. Those count as well.πŸ’—

Haha I know right?! It was 2021 and then jump to 2024 already?! #BrainNotBraining xDΒ 

Youve been trying to work so hard on it. What about the GMAT exam feels unattainable to you, if okay to ask?

Hehe it can be difficult teaching someone something new, specially when it's technology related and teaching to someone who isn't quite versed with it. What do you find unattainable about it though?

I feel, it may be helpful to opt for an ABC approach, and consider the person absolute kid-like, someone trying it for the first time and then to start with basics. Like with kids, we wouldn't go ahead and teach them about sentences or even expect them to write a few words together when they aren't super aware and versed with the Alphabet, yes? Starting with the basics and then leveling things up.Β 

It can be time consuming and sometimes even annoying, but there's a whole generation gap with parents, and some are just not too fast at learning things. Being more patient can be helpful.Β 

What do you think?Β 

You're so gentle and determined, I feel you'd do a good job at it. Your trying counts. πŸ€—

I hope you do secure a job you like before the year ends and may you be rewarded for your patience and hardwork all this while. My best wishes are with you always.Β 

Aww thank you for this adorable graphic. Love the stickers!🌞πŸ₯°

the-woobles-woobles.gif

VictoriaLove7 September 18th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thank you, Sunshine 🌞❀ for your thoughtful response and your encouragement! πŸ₯Ίβ€πŸ€—❀

Me answer your questions below: (๑ᡔ’ᡔ๑)

GMAT consists of verbal, quantitative,Β  & data analysis. I have always struggled with Math since I was in high school, so the Quantitative part is discouraging to me because I can barely get 50% correct answers whenever I try to take the quantitative practice exam (*Β΄β—‘`*)πŸ’—

My father wants the shortcut in doing things. (β—”_β—”)πŸ’— Even after I taught him, and when I told him to try it himself, and when he cannot find the right button on the phone screen, instead of making an effort to find the menu on the phone, he would keep asking me to just tell him. So he never remember how to use the phone because he never make an effort to memorize ヽ(γƒ…)γƒŽπŸ’—

Thank youu, Sunshine 🌞❀! πŸ€—β€ yes yes, me really hope to at least get a job offer and start working in 2025 so I can earn money. α•™(α΅”ΠΎα΅”)α•—πŸ’—

*shares pizza πŸ• & fries 🍟* (っ๑ᡔ’ᡔ๑ς)

β€πŸ€—β€

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Β Thank you for this wonderful reflection, Sunshine! πŸŒžπŸ’–

The Pope πŸ‡»πŸ‡¦ recently visited my country and brings hope and joy to thousands people here!Β  πŸ₯³πŸ’–

It made me feel I need to have more determination to get where I want to be

PS. I like the pumpkin πŸŽƒ picture that you put in the article, it makes me think of Halloween & Thanksgiving! πŸŽƒΒ 

πŸ€—πŸ’–

images-23_1727719648.jpeg

@RachelListener

Aw that sounds super wholesome, Rachel. Thank you for sharing and I truly hope you continue to stay determined to achieve your goals. You got thissss, one goal at a time!πŸ€—

Hehe yusss, mix of Thanksgiving, fall, Halloween and I love the cute sunny picture too, with fall leaves!πŸ₯°

Heather225 Monday

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

thank you for making this beautiful happy reflections post!

@Heather225

You are so welcome, H. I hope the rest of this year treats you with gentle love and compassion.πŸ₯°