Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Having Gratitude During Bad Days

Angelanj June 30th

Hey guys!

What are some things you do to have gratitude even while you're having a bad day?

@Angelanj

Great prompt. Gratitude is specially hard to feel during difficult times. 

I don't force the feeling. Gratitude is a feel-good emotion usually, and sometimes it's okay to not feel-good, I feel hehe. 

What I do try is clinging tighter to hope, resilience and a certain "have seen worse, have got through it, whatever's happening will pass soon too" belief. Embracing the moment and the emotions it carries.

How about you?💛

Tinywhisper11 June 30th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou agrees with sunny boo ❤ just gotta keep reminding yourself of all the wonderful things in life

@Tinywhisper11

🤗❤

compliment-day-you-light-up-the-room.gif

Tinywhisper11 June 30th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou ❤❤

Angelanj OP June 30th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Hi Sunshine! Yes I agree and it most definitely is okay to have days when you're not feeling so sunny! It's completely normal. However, gratitude can sometimes help with dwelling on the rainy mood and sinking deeper and deeper into to it until it because a hurricane, tsunami and typhoon in one! I hope that makes sense haha. I wasn't in any way trying to imply that not feeling sunny isn't normal or okay 

That's good you are present with your emotions and allow yourself to feel what you're feeling whilst still having some hope. Good job!

As for me personally when I'm struggling I try to do the same. Sit with my emotions and have tea with them without being too hard on myself. But at the same time trying to look on the bright side.

Hope you have a great day Sunshine! 😊 ☀️💛

@Angelanj

So well said, Angelanj, and yusss, vv important to take out time to sit with our emotions. Thank youu for sharing, I appreciate your insight and reminder.💛

nave-agreat-day-have-a-great-day-gif.gif

TJItalia August 7th

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Days often get dark and the emotions are deep and vivid.

I love this line 'Embracing the moment and the emotions it carries." 

Embracing the moment on hard days is tough, But I tell myself " You got this" and I make it through.

Today is all I have!!

@TJItalia

I love this. You indeed, have got it. All the love.💛

Angelanj OP September 11th

@TJItalia so sorry I'm replying to this late, but that's lovely 🤗🫂

mediterraneanSun July 1st

Hello 🙂

I find it very difficult to have gratitude during bad days. Instead, I take some time to connect to my emotions and try to remove from my body what is causing me to have a bad day.

I look at it as we're a part of nature. We can't have sunny days all year round, we will have cloudy days and rainy days, even stormy days, and they're all part of the ecosystem. In the same way, bad days are part of our system. This is how I see it.

So when I have bad days I let them be and try to understand myself a bit better.

In return, I'll make the most when the sunny days will show up ☀️

Angelanj OP July 1st

@mediterraneanSun That's good!

Enthenia August 1st

I try to keep in mind that I have this one (and a cat) to go home to: 1000009552_1722543336.jpg

Angelanj OP August 2nd

@Enthenia They're so cute 🥺 That's so nice! I'm sure your lovely animals are grateful for you too! ❤️

Enthenia August 2nd

@Angelanj yes although the cat isn't to thrilled with me at the moment. Stepped on her this morning. It was four something in the morning and she blended in with the rug. Plus she was lying where she doesn't normally lie... I picked her up right away and petted her but she was not pleased. Getting her some treats once I finish work.

@Enthenia Sorry for the late reply! Aw no! I'm sure they forgave you 🥺🫂❤️

Enthenia September 11th

@Angelanj she did. She was slightly adventurous this morning. Lying in the open while the dog played a bit with her little Frisbee. Usually the cat takes to her hidey holes because the dog wants to play but they were letting each other be.

Angelanj OP Sunday

@Enthenia aww

PetiteSouris August 7th

@Angelanj

I am grateful for my fatih, and 💭💞BELIEVE💞💭 that this is temporary...

*ੈ✩‧₊˚༺☆༻*ੈ✩‧₊˚*ੈ✩‧₊˚༺☆༻*ੈ✩‧₊˚

💫☄️✨PetiteSouris✨☄️💫

*ੈ✩‧₊˚༺☆༻*ੈ✩‧₊˚*ੈ✩‧₊˚༺☆༻*ੈ✩‧₊˚

better-believe-believe.gif

TJItalia August 7th

@PetiteSouris

I agree. My faith is so important to me.

Angelanj OP August 17th

@TJItalia 🤗

Angelanj OP August 17th

@PetiteSouris lovely! 💞

PetiteSouris Sunday

@Angelanj @TJItalia

joe-biden-praying.gif

LovingPeacefulHeart August 7th

@Angelanj

Life.

Hot water.

Sleep.

My home.

My support system.

Angelanj OP August 17th

@LovingPeacefulHeart These are all great things to be grateful for 💞

TJItalia August 17th

@LovingPeacefulHeart

I agree. Just sleep is a work in progress for me. 

Angelanj OP Sunday

@TJItalia You got this ❤️ I believe in you

LovingPeacefulHeart August 7th

@InternalAcceptance

InternalAcceptance August 8th

@LovingPeacefulHeart

A place to sleep
My support system
Rain

Angelanj OP August 17th

@InternalAcceptance ❤️

CamilaHufflepuff August 7th

@Angelanj I make myself a coffee, sit still, and enjoy it. It is not that bad if I can still do that.

Angelanj OP August 17th

@CamilaHufflepuff Practicing mindfulness and being present is a great thing 💞 Great job 🤗

CamilaHufflepuff August 20th

@Angelanj Thank you!

carefulCircle1298 August 8th

@Angelanj I like to find something positive to focus on. Example I'm without a vehicle. i try to focus on the fact I have people that will take me where I need to be.  

Angelanj OP August 17th

@carefulCircle1298 That's so nice careful circle 🥺❤️ practicing gratitude definitely helps us to weather the bad storms in life 

hambagucat August 18th

Journaling helps me out a lot. Helps me to express myself and ground my feelings, even on the toughest days. ✍️

@hambagucat Lovely! Journalling is indeed a great tool to use to help us weather stormy/bad days ❤️🫂

annWillow4life August 18th

@Angelanj

I'm grateful to be alive. 

@annWillow4life hey ann willow! That's a great thing to be grateful for 🫂 I'm so grateful you're alive too ❤️ sending love and light your way 

SandySunshine06 August 18th

@Angelanj

seeing my dad happy in his garden or when he makes me lunch 🙏🏼 no matter how bad of a day I’m having he’s always there. ❤️ it’s the little things. I remind myself to enjoy them fully before they’re gone. 

@SandySunshine06 Aw that's so sweet 🥺❤️ I'm sure he's really grateful for you too! Sometimes the little things really go a long way in making us feel better in truth! ❤️😄