National Dog Month - August

heathermarie95 August 6th
Did you know that August is
National Dog Month?

There are several benefits
of having a dog

1.  owning a dog helps with your mental health
examples: managing anxiety, reducing work-related stress,
increasing anxiety and combatting loneliness.

2. dogs get you moving

3. dogs promote social connection

Please refer to this source for more detailed information 

With that being said

Fun exercise:
Let's learn more about you!

1. Do you own a dog or any animal that helps your mental health?
If so, what do you own as a pet?
what is their name?

If not, what animal would you like as a pet? Name?

2. If you could thank any animal that has helped you in any way possible.
what would you say?

3. share one of your favorite dog gifs!

My answers:

1. I own 2 dogs. Minnie is a yorkiepoo and Buzz is a golden doodle.

2. Thank you for being my best friend and
being there for all life challenges thrown at me

3. my favorite dog gif 

chiens-funnyanimals.gif

Tag some of your 7Cup friends!

Tagging the PAT team

@AlleyCatNemo @AnnaSilverberg @Avaria @Bella20 @BrightIndigo @Bubbles2025 @bubblingbreeze14 @ChromaticFinss @CompassionateArrow @EmberOfHope @GloriaD @Harsvin @healingsoul4892 @Heathermarie95 @HeavenlyMagic @KindleMissie @Kristynsmama @kylersartpace @LoveMyMoonflowers @Optimisticempath @sadcat13 @sky2Ocean20 @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @teenytinyturtle @TheFantasticPengua @TheGirlWhoFeltTooMuch @Walker7957 @WeEarth @YourCaringConfidant

KindleMissie August 6th

@heathermarie95

Aww @heathermarie95!!❤ This is such a cute post! Happy dog month to all the dogs and to lovely Minnie and Buzz!💝

MY ANSWERS
I have so many Budgerigars around 200 something 😅 but there is one special one who never failed to make me laugh is ANGER DJ. ANGER DJ is a little aggressive and loves to dance so much!😂😂

Thank you so much all of my lovely parakeets to make my every morning special!😘💗 
Your chirping sounds really calms me and looking at you guys make me happy.
And big thanks to ANGER DJ for always making me laugh and making my day better with all your funny antics! 😂❤❤❤
I love you guys so much☺💕

3. YAY!!!! GIFS!!!!🎉🎉🎶🤘

spbudgie-birds.gif

lalamoiso-cat.gif

here-you-go-bird.gif

competentTruth3079 August 17th

@KindleMissie With 200 budgies if you managed to harness them, you could take flight. Couldn't imagine the amount of cleaning that would take, I found one parakeet dusted the house quite efficiently. But it's worth it of course if you enjoy the avian company. 😹💯 Very cute.  

KindleMissie August 17th

@competentTruth3079

Haha, I wish I could harness their power and take flight! 🐦💨🤣 But yes, cleaning up after them is a big job😪😁 I have one lighted room of the house where me and my dad has created the big community of parakeets so that doesn't bother much with bird dust as they have their own place. However, I do have learned to just accept that my house will always have a thin layer of bird dust😂 It's a small price to pay for the joy and companionship these cute creatures bring😊 Thank you!🤩❤

@KindleMissie It's like WW2 up in your place, constant carpet bombings. You're shell shocked at this point. 😹😹💯 DJ Anger, I'd definitely go to his festival, high energy I've been told. 😹🎉 I love birdos though too, but not the dust bowl. That's neat though, glad you have something to bond over with the father too. ❤💯 Good Saturday to ya! Pet a budgie for me.

KindleMissie August 18th

@competentTruth3079

Kind of!😂 And yes you are always welcome to join DJ Anger on his festives or concerts without dealing with dust bowls!!😃😁🌟 You can trust my cleaning skills!😊

Thank you!💗 Happy weekends to you too🤗💫 Sure I will pet DJ Anger for you😄🤗

CallumKing2000 August 17th

@KindleMissie budgie boppin head, dog pushes cat, bird eats kibble. 💯💯👌👌🔥🔥

KindleMissie August 18th

@CallumKing2000

YESSS!!🤩💫

KaylaBella August 6th

@heathermarie95

I love this!

1. I have one dog and his name is Beau. He’s a black lab/chow chow/ pitbull mix and he’s the sweetest! 🥰

2. If I could say anything it would this: Thank you for coming into my life at a time when loneliness was crushing me and I just needed someone to love on and be loved back. Thank you for patiently listening to all of my rants. Thank you for licking my tears away and hugging me when I’m upset. There were countless nights you and I stayed up and I was crying and talking. Thank you for being a constant in my life. Thank you for loving me so unconditionally and always looking at me like I’m just the most beautiful person in the world. Thank you for waking me up from nightmares about my childhood and comforting me in those moments. Thank you for bringing me out of my PTSD moments and grounding me in reality. Thank you for protecting me from strange men. And thank you for loving in my kids and my boyfriend just as much as me, even though you were here first. 

(My dog is my PTSD service dog)

3. Hmmmm my favorite dog GIF would be:

bulldog-jumping-dog.gif

Dogs are hilarious. My Beau-Beau loves the laser pointer. He’s just like a cat but probably worse lol. He’s chased it all around the room and jumped up doors and couches and on our hardwood floors ran but didn’t go anywhere lol. Our cat isn’t interested in it but Beau goes nuts. He knows when we are holding it too. He’s slid several feet and crashed into his water bowl chasing it and trying to stop on the hardwood floors. He’s a barrel of laughs, but he knows when to be serious and how exactly to help me. 

KaylaBella August 6th

@Heathermarie95

here’s a pic of my sweet Beau

img-4618_1722926331.jpeg

heathermarie95 OP August 8th

@Bella20 aww puppers! so adorable!

@Bella20 that is a hilarious gif

funny-laughing.gif

@Bella20 The temperment of a chow chow and the jaws of a pitbull, I have a feeling UPS throws your package to your doorstep from a 200 feet. 😹💯 Dogs love their owners but not the delivery people. Too cute but I'll keep my hands away. 

KaylaBella August 17th

@competentTruth3079

He IS extremely protective of me 😂 But as long as I give him the go ahead that someone is okay, he’s super friendly. Just don’t make an aggressive move towards me and you’ll be okay 😝😁

@Bella20 I prayed to God for safety, and was sent a Dog. Peace of mind I wish for you, both with God and Dog. My dyslexia is working in my favor here. 😹 I'm glad you've enabled "dog force field" in your personal settings.

WeEarth August 6th

Thank you for the post @heathermarie95

1. Not as of now, I had a puppy. But I do have a doggy friend, who's my sister's pet

Brito; We call him Jacky

2. Its my Brito and Jacky. If I can mention a bird, then it would be my Shari (Parrot)

dog-doggo.gif

@heathermarie95

No, I don't.

If not, what animal would you like as a pet?

A Russian tortoise.

Name?

Mas

2. If you could thank any animal that has helped you in any way possible what would you say?

Thanks so much.

https://images.app.goo.gl/psJhLaBDKRyBPHhi6

TU100OT August 6th

@heathermarie95

This is the sweetest and cutest thing ever.

4. Handling a rush of positive emotions (cute aggression) hehehe :P

what is their name?

I don't own a dog, me and my husband live where there are dogs in every house, our job is always to pet and talk to those dogs 😂. My husband had a dog for some years, but does not have one now. So, umm several names :P. It definitely helps our mental health which also helps our physical, emotional, and spiritual health :D

A dog or a cat, (I love other animals too but only experienced with dogs and cats closely). I would keep the name Anu (named after someone very close to me who is no more, this would be like dedicating something to her)

what would you say?
So I am in many animal welfare groups, and I think all of the animal cases have helped in every aspect of my life, it opened up that part of me that always wanted to shine - altruism, the selflessness
3. share one of your favorite dog gifs!
dog-happy-dog-wagging-tail.gif

The snoot <3

@TU100OT I like long snoots too. ❤😹💯🎉

august45 August 6th

@heathermarie95

1. I have 3 dogs. Their names are Tiny, Bitsy, and Ciera.

2. If I could thank my dog Bear, who passed away in December 2023, I would thank him for his companionship during a tumultuous time in my life. He was my best buddy and such a support for me during some hard times. He was always there to hug me when I was down and to make me laugh when I needed a smile. He was the goodest boy and I miss him so much.

3. https://i.giphy.com/media/v1.Y2lkPTc5MGI3NjExNTliazJ3dGMzMnYyb3Y1cjhwZXB5N29nbDJzeXlmNXJheHRjZTMxNiZlcD12MV9pbnRlcm5hbF9naWZfYnlfaWQmY3Q9Zw/fnlXXGImVWB0RYWWQj/giphy.gif

@august45 im so sorry to hear about your pupper loss D:

august45 August 14th

@heathermarie95 Thank you, I appreciate your condolences.

carefulBike8432 August 8th

Whaat I didn't know it was dog month. I have 3 myself, a st. Bernard named KJ, a blue nose pit bull named Wrigley and a pit/lab mix named Happy. We all like car rides and going to the beach ( I can't walk them all at once though) I've heard golden doodles are great dogs

SummerKay2024 August 9th

@heathermarie95

what is their name?

Dax, dog 🐕 

Horse, glimmer 

what would you say

Thank you dax for ur love and cuddles during my triggers 

cute-cool.gif

dhabib August 16th

@heathermarie95 I honor protect respect my dog everyday she protects me respects me 

@heathermarie95 That dog looks dry frozen, 😹💯 what is that atop it's head? Like a spider or a frog. Very cute. I wouldn't own an animal personally but I do enjoy petting the pets of others, at least the ones that don't bite. No alligators. 😹💯

CallumKing2000 August 17th

August has been hotter than last I guess

Enthenia August 17th

1000009846_1723926021.jpg

This is Bowie, a mini Aussie. Had her for a year and a month. Arrived as a gift at six months old. Initially I had mixed emotions because I'd never had a working dog before and didn't know how to deal with her energy.

But, I got through it. She doesn't chew as much as she used to. She follows me around and she gets so happy when I get up in the morning. There are moments when she does frustrate me but I don't hold it against her. Because of her high energy, I'm a lot more active than I have been which is a good thing. And, I don't think I'm getting as annoyed or anxious as I used to so I guess she's been helping me.