Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Appreciate Your Forever #1 ❤

Sunisshiningandsoareyou March 18th, 2022

Hey hey lovelies, I hope y'all are doing great. ❤

As a proud team member of the Peer Appreciation Program, I'm immensely excited to share this wonderful update with everyone.

Our project has received lots of love from the community and has surely spread it hundredfold around lol, initially we came up with the idea of appreciating our peers, considering the fact, our community is huuuuge and filled with kind, compassionate, supportive, *inserts a million other adjectives to describe awesome people here* folks- it makes sense that when we see something good in others, we likely feel inspired by them and might even hope and try to imbibe their good qualities.

Okay so appreciating people around is super cool, no doubts about that. Buttttt, what is equally cool? Brownie points if you guessed it lol, it is, *drum rolls* –--- Appreciating Ourselves. Yes, you heard that right, you humble being. :P

Here's some food for thought- Not many people find it comfortable to appreciate themselves, for xyz reasons- no worries at all and definitely no judgment whatsoever, I understand how difficult it can be and I know it firsthand because I am one of you xD but but but, we try out so many different things, for once (or once again), we can certainly try being more kind to ourselves, expressing self love and as someone once said- saying good things about yourself with meaning is the best way to express self love and encourage thyself to continually work on becoming a better version. Something that I've experienced to create some positive impact is looking at oneself through an outside- non biased, non judgmental, accepting and kind perspective.

Often we might not see ourselves as how someone else does, and chances are, we miss out on seeing and valuing the good in us.

Now now, how sad would it be, to be awesome but unaware about your awesomeness— Let's Change That ~ One awesome quality to become aware of, at a time.

How about we consider ourselves a peer too, and appreciate ourselves?

This could be literally anything under the sun (the one that shines in the sky, yes 😛)

Here's some examples of things you can submit the form for:

♡ Any and every good quality in yourself

♡ Any achievement you're proud of (and hey, getting outta bed when you don't feel like it *is* an achievement)

♡ Anything you like and appreciate in yourself physically (You got good hair? Tell us, also tell us the healthy hair secrets)

♡ Anything else about you, that makes you feel good and happy

♡ A letter to past "you" from current "you"- sharing how far you've come, Or

♡ A letter to future "you" from current "you"- sharing how you envision your future self

♡ A letter to current "you"- sharing something you'd really like to hear from someone

♡ Anything else I may have missed, but you'd like to appreciate yourself for

Are we feeling pumped enough to appreciate ourselves and get that self love kick in? Yes or Yes (?)

No further wait, appreciate your forever #1 aka *you* here (clickable). ❤

giphy.gif

As always, feedback, and suggestions are more than welcome, feel free to share your thoughts with us. ❤

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP July 23rd, 2022

@magicalOcean594 Also Done

Way to go, Magic! ❤

magicalOcean594 July 23rd, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

thankyou 🥰🙏🏻

TheAlchemist1111 September 8th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Beautiful thought . It starts with us whether it's love, appreciation or compassion.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP September 8th, 2022

Definitely, @TheAlchemist1111, thankyou for commenting! ❤

TheAlchemist1111 September 8th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Welcome ❤️

jasishereforallofu September 8th, 2022

@Hope @Sunisshiningandsoareyou @Fristo @ouiCherie @ShaunX @vroomvrooom 💕

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP September 10th, 2022

@jasmineishereforu lovely Jas!🤗💖

sunkissedearth September 13th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Amazing post Sun.

Your writing skill is impeccable!!

I'm so glad i came across this post today. All thanks to @Fristo <3

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP September 13th, 2022

@sunkissedearth

Aw many thanks, Earth, that means alot to me.❤

soulsings September 20th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou thank you so much for this kind and caring post. You are one of my favs for how supportive you are.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP September 21st, 2022

@soulsings Aw thankyou so much, Soul, made my day hehe, means the world to me coming from you.

You're super kind, caring, supportive, encouraging, knowledgeable, insightful and simply wonderful always, I appreciate you loads.❤

soulsings September 20th, 2022

@amiablePeace77 @caringPanda45 @adventurousbranch3786

Thank you for being the dedicated leaders that you are. Having reliable people like you all are in discussions showing u regularly makes my life brighter and a lot more fun.

You are a wonderful addition to 7cups.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP September 21st, 2022

@soulsings Aka dream team hehe, I love the rapport y'all share, it truly is amazing to see y'all work together, in supporting the community. Keep it up, Panda, Soul, Branch and Ami! ❤

soulsings September 21st, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou thank you for your kind words!

amiablePeace77 September 22nd, 2022

@soulsings

Thank you so much for your kind words soul, they mean a lot! You're a wonderful leader and you truly make it easy for everyone to give the best they can.

soulsings September 22nd, 2022

@amiablePeace77 it is great working with you!

amiablePeace77 September 22nd, 2022

@soulsings

Thank you soul!

adventurousBranch3786 October 17th, 2022

@soulsings. I just saw this. Thank you so much! It means a lot to me.

soulsings October 17th, 2022

@adventurousBranch3786 you are welcome!

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP September 25th, 2022

Hey hey @Olive1Q82, thought you might be interested in this post hehe (no pressure ofcourse).🌸

Olive1Q82 September 25th, 2022

Thank you for sharing! 😊

October 8th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Again, Thank you so much for this thread. I was having a low point for some days and because of this thread. I was able to take a new breath of fresh air and pull myself out of the pit I was falling into surrendering under pressure this Space has resuscitated me back to life.

Thanks from the bottom of my heart❤️

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP October 9th, 2022

@scarletPear1945

Goodness Pear, those are some really nice words hehe. I cannot think of anything better than "uplifting someone without even actively trying for it", so I'm just really humbled to hear this and beyond grateful that the post helped you feel better, and pulled you out of the pit, *especially* at a time, you needed it the most. ❤

I'm adding this to my gratitude moment(s) for the day, for your kindness has certainly uplifted me as well. ❤

You've been a part of the community for a while now, and I always see you being so kind, compassionate, supportive, empathetic and loving towards others. For a heart that hurts so much, it certainly loves so much also, and holds a lot of kindness, warmth, love and care to give to others. I hope you realize that on many days, *you* help people who are even miles apart to feel better and do better too, just with your empathetic company and supportive words for them, helping them come out of the dark pit they may be in too. ❤

So it is nothing but an absolute blessing to be able to do it for you too. Because yes yes, you deserve all of this and more. ❤

They say Sun is the ultimate source of light hehe, and so I am sending you extra bright sunny rays to shoo all the darkness away. May there be love and light always, within and around you. *hugs* ❤

October 10th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thanks for these kind words, Thanks again for this space to encourage others❤️

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP October 16th, 2022

@scarletPear1945 hugs-love.gif

kacky October 10th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

I appreciate this thread and the opportunity to offer appreciation to and for myself. Like so many others, I have been offering support and appreciation to my students and children and peers, sincerely, and just as I was taught. It is a new feeling to unconditionally offer support and love for myself. It is making it possible for me to show up and become visible. I am grateful for this opportunity to practice it.
Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP October 10th, 2022

Hey @kacky, welcome to the community. So lovely to know you've been supporting and appreciating those around you, that truly is an amazing thing to do. ❤

I get the word "taught" here and so very true, wish we were all taught more of self-kindness too, it would've worked wonders. No worries though, we are always learning, growing, adapting and evolving, and we can certainly try to learn being more kind to ourselves and appreciate ourselves too. It might be uncomfortable to begin with, anything new and different feels this way, but yes to trying and doing our best. You got this.

I'm so happy you stumbled across this post, and it helped you feel better, allowing you to see yourself in a different light.

I hope this light continues to shine brighter, and you are always reminded of how wonderful you are. ❤

October 17th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

I want to recognize @adventorousBranch3786 for all the encouragement and support down through the years.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP October 17th, 2022

How sweet of you, @scarletPear1945 ❤ @adventurousbranch3786 is indeed super warm, supportive, kind, respectful, helpful and amazing always. ❤ Glad to have y'all in the community.

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thank you for your kind words!

@scarletPear1945

This is such a nice surprise! Thank you so much for these kind words, it means a lot!

October 18th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

I want to recognize these two beautiful souls that are so inspiring and supportive/ You deserve Love and Recognition for all you give and share. You have been there for me.❤️❤️❤️

purpleTree4652 and @WhatARat

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP October 18th, 2022

@purpleTree4652

purpleTree4652 October 18th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Sun,

Thank you for mentioning me. It's not often that I feel like I am even noticed. I'm shocked in the most pleasant way. :)

--tree

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP October 18th, 2022

@purpleTree4652

Aww very much understandable to feel surprised, Tree, but such is the beauty of this world we live in hehe, yes we are noticed and valued and appreciated even if we don't see it for ourselves. I am really happy you got this reminder today. Sending love.❤

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

xo

@scarletPear1945

Pear,

I don't know what I have done. Thank you so much for the tribute. I am humbled.

--tree

VictoriaLove7 November 20th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

I just met you once last week, in the 1 hour academy program. I saw this appreciation program and thought I'd write one for you.

It was such a short interaction but you lighten up my mood, I was a bit discouraged that time, but your being funny, it made me feel better. So, thanks, you are my 🌞

Check the link below 😉

https://youtu.be/AqO3gqUt8vY

Btw, I still cannot find that smiley emoji you used that looked exactly like your pfp

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP November 25th, 2022

@VictoriaLove7

Awww this is too sweet, Vic, thankyou so much, made my entire week and how! I am really glad I was able to uplift you when you were feeling discouraged, and between the two of us? Being called funny is one of the top tier compliments for me haha. Thankyou for seeing me the way you do. ❤

I *love* this song hehe, the sunflowers in the background in this one just made it a thousand times better for me, thanks again, your kindness and thoughtfulness is greatly appreciated. 🤗

Hope to see you around more!

That emoji, mhm xD I'm lowkey horrible at explaining tech stuff haha, so I dunno where could you find it in your device. Perhaps search for "moon" in the emoji pad. Or you can ofcourse copy-paste via the internet browser or right here- 🌝. :P

urfavkitty20 November 29th, 2022

This is great!!!! Thank you for sharing!!!