Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Appreciate Your Forever #1 ❤

Sunisshiningandsoareyou March 18th, 2022

Hey hey lovelies, I hope y'all are doing great. ❤

As a proud team member of the Peer Appreciation Program, I'm immensely excited to share this wonderful update with everyone.

Our project has received lots of love from the community and has surely spread it hundredfold around lol, initially we came up with the idea of appreciating our peers, considering the fact, our community is huuuuge and filled with kind, compassionate, supportive, *inserts a million other adjectives to describe awesome people here* folks- it makes sense that when we see something good in others, we likely feel inspired by them and might even hope and try to imbibe their good qualities.

Okay so appreciating people around is super cool, no doubts about that. Buttttt, what is equally cool? Brownie points if you guessed it lol, it is, *drum rolls* –--- Appreciating Ourselves. Yes, you heard that right, you humble being. :P

Here's some food for thought- Not many people find it comfortable to appreciate themselves, for xyz reasons- no worries at all and definitely no judgment whatsoever, I understand how difficult it can be and I know it firsthand because I am one of you xD but but but, we try out so many different things, for once (or once again), we can certainly try being more kind to ourselves, expressing self love and as someone once said- saying good things about yourself with meaning is the best way to express self love and encourage thyself to continually work on becoming a better version. Something that I've experienced to create some positive impact is looking at oneself through an outside- non biased, non judgmental, accepting and kind perspective.

Often we might not see ourselves as how someone else does, and chances are, we miss out on seeing and valuing the good in us.

Now now, how sad would it be, to be awesome but unaware about your awesomeness— Let's Change That ~ One awesome quality to become aware of, at a time.

How about we consider ourselves a peer too, and appreciate ourselves?

This could be literally anything under the sun (the one that shines in the sky, yes 😛)

Here's some examples of things you can submit the form for:

♡ Any and every good quality in yourself

♡ Any achievement you're proud of (and hey, getting outta bed when you don't feel like it *is* an achievement)

♡ Anything you like and appreciate in yourself physically (You got good hair? Tell us, also tell us the healthy hair secrets)

♡ Anything else about you, that makes you feel good and happy

♡ A letter to past "you" from current "you"- sharing how far you've come, Or

♡ A letter to future "you" from current "you"- sharing how you envision your future self

♡ A letter to current "you"- sharing something you'd really like to hear from someone

♡ Anything else I may have missed, but you'd like to appreciate yourself for

Are we feeling pumped enough to appreciate ourselves and get that self love kick in? Yes or Yes (?)

No further wait, appreciate your forever #1 aka *you* here (clickable). ❤

giphy.gif

As always, feedback, and suggestions are more than welcome, feel free to share your thoughts with us. ❤

trueconfidant123 August 18th, 2023

take-a-screenshot-and-find-your-affirmation-gifkaro.gif

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP August 29th, 2023

@trueconfidant123

"My mind is calm and my sleep is deep"

Thank you, Confiee! 🌻

trueconfidant123 August 29th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

You're welcome, Sunny 🌞

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP September 1st, 2023

@trueconfidant123 What did you get?💛

trueconfidant123 September 2nd, 2023

@trueconfidant123

"I express myself with confidence and passion."

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP December 16th, 2023

Seeing this only now lol, but I love it, Confieee!💖

Lunaire00 September 1st, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Hi Sun, I hope you are well 🤍

I appreciated a Peer about a week ago and I see it hasn't appeared on the thread as yet. Can I ask how long does the team take to usually make an appreciation post for Peers? I know the team must be extremely busy making appreciation cards so I understand if no one has had a chance to get to it as yet. 💕

Thank you! ❤

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP September 1st, 2023

@Lunaire00

Hiya Luna, I am doing alright, thank you! How about yourself?💖

Ooh that's odd, because I don't see any older than a week appreciations on the dash, I'll message you to check on it better, in case we missed posting or the tags being missed so the lovely peer you appreciated gets your kind note soon!😮

Aw thank youu for your patience and understanding, I'd say usually it doesn't take more than 4 days to get an appreciation posted, or max a week, depending on the number of items we have/ active team members? But you're spot on, the team definitely puts in a lot of work to deliver sweet notes of gratitude as soon as possible and I'm so proud of the lovely PAT!🥰

Lunaire00 September 1st, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thank you so much for the response and the PM Sun, I have responded there! 💕

I am actually happy that I got yout of bed and ate something. I took my meds in time and plan to go to school today. And that well rested because I slept well due to the sport i did yesterday. It's a good start for the week:)

Hey hey @raspberryHouse5497 nice to meet you. I'm glad you felt well rested and are feeling good about starting the week. Sending lots of love!💛