Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Appreciate Your Forever #1 ❤

Sunisshiningandsoareyou March 18th, 2022

Hey hey lovelies, I hope y'all are doing great. ❤

As a proud team member of the Peer Appreciation Program, I'm immensely excited to share this wonderful update with everyone.

Our project has received lots of love from the community and has surely spread it hundredfold around lol, initially we came up with the idea of appreciating our peers, considering the fact, our community is huuuuge and filled with kind, compassionate, supportive, *inserts a million other adjectives to describe awesome people here* folks- it makes sense that when we see something good in others, we likely feel inspired by them and might even hope and try to imbibe their good qualities.

Okay so appreciating people around is super cool, no doubts about that. Buttttt, what is equally cool? Brownie points if you guessed it lol, it is, *drum rolls* –--- Appreciating Ourselves. Yes, you heard that right, you humble being. :P

Here's some food for thought- Not many people find it comfortable to appreciate themselves, for xyz reasons- no worries at all and definitely no judgment whatsoever, I understand how difficult it can be and I know it firsthand because I am one of you xD but but but, we try out so many different things, for once (or once again), we can certainly try being more kind to ourselves, expressing self love and as someone once said- saying good things about yourself with meaning is the best way to express self love and encourage thyself to continually work on becoming a better version. Something that I've experienced to create some positive impact is looking at oneself through an outside- non biased, non judgmental, accepting and kind perspective.

Often we might not see ourselves as how someone else does, and chances are, we miss out on seeing and valuing the good in us.

Now now, how sad would it be, to be awesome but unaware about your awesomeness— Let's Change That ~ One awesome quality to become aware of, at a time.

How about we consider ourselves a peer too, and appreciate ourselves?

This could be literally anything under the sun (the one that shines in the sky, yes 😛)

Here's some examples of things you can submit the form for:

♡ Any and every good quality in yourself

♡ Any achievement you're proud of (and hey, getting outta bed when you don't feel like it *is* an achievement)

♡ Anything you like and appreciate in yourself physically (You got good hair? Tell us, also tell us the healthy hair secrets)

♡ Anything else about you, that makes you feel good and happy

♡ A letter to past "you" from current "you"- sharing how far you've come, Or

♡ A letter to future "you" from current "you"- sharing how you envision your future self

♡ A letter to current "you"- sharing something you'd really like to hear from someone

♡ Anything else I may have missed, but you'd like to appreciate yourself for

Are we feeling pumped enough to appreciate ourselves and get that self love kick in? Yes or Yes (?)

No further wait, appreciate your forever #1 aka *you* here (clickable). ❤

giphy.gif

As always, feedback, and suggestions are more than welcome, feel free to share your thoughts with us. ❤

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP November 29th, 2022

@urfavkitty20 praying-cat.gif

purpleTree4652 December 7th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Hi, You,

I am sober, mostly. (I use the harm reduction method.) And I have had more than 10 years of therapy. I'm on psychiatric medication. I'm reinventing myself, and pushing hard to go through school to actually work in a career...to actually support myself...to live without the influence of my abusive (and worse) birth family. It isn't an easy path, but I am finding my rhythm in life again. I've got a long way to go, but I'm working on it, and I won't quit.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP December 7th, 2022

@purpleTree4652

Words to swear by- "I've got a long way to go, but I'm working on it, and I won't quit." ❤

It certainly isn't an easy path, or that it ever has been easy, but yesss, you've been fighting through it all, and trying your best always, and that definitely counts. I'm so proud of you, Tree, for continuing to push through with determination, resilience, and a growing self-compassion (clearly reflected in your post here also). All the love and good wishes always. You got this! ❤

purpleTree4652 December 7th, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thank you, my angel.

SparklyFly December 23rd, 2022

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou I've written you "I've got a long way to go, but I'm working on it, and I won't quit." ❤ on a sticky note and put it on my computer. Love it. Needed it. Definitely going to use it. As always THANKS!

SparklyFly December 23rd, 2022

@purpleTree4652 I understand! I have a lousy family of origin. I live 12 miles away from them and we've had no contact since 2006. While yes, it hurts, it is the biggest self-care thing that I've done for myself. I know it is hard but it seems that you have the insight of whatever you need to do for yourself.

SparklyFly December 26th, 2022

I love this thread. I pick a word each year and my word for 2022 is Grateful. I'm thinking of my word for 2023 and I haven't come up with one yet.

Following up to @purpleTree4652's post, I love affirmations. One of my favorites that I use is "Let Your Light Shine." For years, I tried to please my family of origin and dimmed my light because I wanted them to love me. Now, my light is on and it is shining big-time.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP January 14th, 2023

@SparklyFly

🤗💛🤗

let-all-of-your-light-shine-bright.gif

purpleSea7109 January 29th, 2023
  1. @Sunisshiningandsoareyou
  2. Wow this is so true and helped lots of people too.
  3. Sunisshiningabdsoareyou your so good. Thanks I am just a click away.Xx
  4. Sorry do not know why numbers are coming.Xx
Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP January 29th, 2023

Hehe you probably clicked on the "icon" here that enlists our text, no worries, @purpleSea7109.

#1 *You* are amazing.

#2 Thankyou for taking the time to read and appreciate.

#3 Happiest Birthdayyyy ❤

purpleSea7109 February 26th, 2023

How do I make myself better on. But we feeling good enough to. I do not know what I am typing but want to shine make feel better.

I am click away. I try again. Maybe because finishing my lady thing.

I feel better now thank you.Xx

openheartmindedsoul14 March 13th, 2023

❤️

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP August 29th, 2023

@openheartmindedsoul14 💗

ItsMrEnigma March 13th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Appreciation of yourself as well as others is important, I love the writing style, it is also very aesthetic.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP March 13th, 2023

@ItsMrEnigma

Aw thankyou for your kind words, I appreciate you! Hope to see you participating in the peer appreciation program sometime! ❤

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP March 14th, 2023

image_1678795846.png

K87 March 30th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

I sent a few but they aren't on right now, will they see it once they are?

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP March 30th, 2023

@K87

Yes, all appreciations are posted in the Peer Appreciation Program thread and users are tagged, so they can see when they are next online/ active and receive the notification! Thankyouu for appreciating so many people. You're incredible! ❤

K87 March 30th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Soo many people deserve it

@K87 That's true! Keep at it! 😛

K87 March 30th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

I am, do u know much about the appreciation people

@K87 ah I didn't get that, appreciation people? 😮

K87 March 30th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

The people who are mentioned if u want to sign up while doing the form, the appreciation avengers

July 26th, 2023

@K87 oh, i know appreciation avengers

it's a good motivation to spread more smiles in the community, and to appreciate your forever #1 -the awesome you!

adaptableOcean4193 April 8th, 2023

@zataarhoney

Thank you for being so wonderful! Talking with you is very helpful, As with many, But you truly stand out for me. 🥰💐

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP April 8th, 2023

@adaptableOcean4193 how sweet!

@ZaatarHoney is incredible for sure! ❤

zaatarHoney April 8th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

hey again ♡ and ty ty, as are you— undeniably.

zaatarHoney April 8th, 2023

@adaptableOcean4193

This was such a wonderful message to sign into today <3 thank you for thinking of me. Please know that the warmth and light received is mutual. I’ve really appreciated our conversations so much. <3

Drumdrummer April 19th, 2023

Its beautiful!!!💛

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP April 19th, 2023

@Drumdrummer Thankyouu!💛

Tulipsmile May 19th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

OMG 💖💖 what a wonderful post

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP May 19th, 2023

@Tulipsmile

What a wonderful *you*.💖 Thanks dearie!💖

Tulipsmile May 19th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

😇😇😇

Drumdrummer May 19th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoarey

That's beautiful post! 😍🦋🦋

Yes, We should love ourselves no matter what 🦋🦋

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP May 19th, 2023

@Drumdrummer You're an amazing Panda!🐼❤

Feel free to appreciate yourself or any peers here (clickable).

Drumdrummer August 2nd, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou Thank you sunshine 🙏 means a lot💜 I didn't see your reply earlier, because I don't much on this forums. These forums are pretty complex tho😅

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP August 3rd, 2023

@Drumdrummer Aw its okay, glad you did now! Forums can certainly be difficult navigating around, please check this handbook out here: https://www.7cups.com/forum/7cupsleadership/ForumGuides_2597/StrugglingwiththeforumsFindyourhandbookhere_309768/ I hope it helps a little. Feel free to ask if you have any questions or need any assistance anytime!💜

purpleSea7109 August 3rd, 2023

Thank you all. Congratulations to all.

I am just a click away.Xx

beLoved771 August 16th, 2023

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou i like it

\

Sunisshiningandsoareyou OP August 16th, 2023

@beLoved771 So glad to hear that!