Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Don't be mean behind the screen

Optimisticempath January 25th, 2023

This is a reminder for everywhere in internet world in general, I didnt think it was needed as much even in 7 cups too... a place where it is evident most people are hurting and battling some challenges but I guess some people treat every place similar and are never thinking about others or their struggles ... it is sad and frustrating at times because having a trashy off cups life we don't need to deal with your unkind self who passes unsolicited opinions and tries to feel better by putting others down for no reason at all ... it is easy to be mean online ... it really is ... you can just say something and remove your account, change username, block person or do nothing and still be around but you dont realise the impact your 1 unkind word can make on someone ....you don't realise that someone can lose sleep because of it ... skip food because of it ... go back to their self isolated space because of it .... start having trust issues with people or humanity or never consider talking to people again because of it .... you dont know and and you dont care ... but it's not right .... please care ... even a little and be kind to others by being kind to yourself first... you can do better.

Hurting people who are already in a bad place in life isn't your solution or an end to your suffering... do yourself a favor and start being kind ... it'll help more 😊

Have nothing kind to say? Say nothing... it is you being kind enough for the world !!

_1674671786.image.png

when I first became active here i was happy to see an actual positive, supportive and kind space , it still is usually but some people just need to ruin it for god knows what reason....I don't want mine or other people's experience here being bad ... we are here to seek support..please do that and let us do that also! If you are kind .. you'll receive more kindness ... I can guarantee that from my side at least 😊

Some ways to handle situations where people are unkind/rude :

In forums:

Flag posts that are unsupportive or violate guidelines

In rooms:

Mute the user as it can temporary remove their messages for you until you refresh

In PMs:

I haven't got any unkind listeners recently thankfully. But if they are then we can send feedback for them and report or block as necessary

In general, I'm glad we aren't obliged to reply to people and so I usually don't respond to people who try to engage in unnecessary drama and conflict and remove myself from any space that feels uncomfy !!

I can think of these many for now ....if anyone has more ideas or thoughts to share without being unkind about this lmao then please go ahead πŸ’• thanks for reading!

A huge shout out to all the kind people I've met here also [and those I haven't... I hope soon πŸ€—]... you all make me continue to believe in humanity and trying, thanks so much for always being really kind and understanding towards everyone πŸ’•

mytwistedsoul January 25th, 2023

@Optimisticempath What a wonderful and helpful thread Opti! ❀️

Optimisticempath OP January 25th, 2023

@mytwistedsoul my shout out was loud enough to reach you Soul πŸ₯° i had you in mind while the shout out πŸ’• you're an example of how we should be with everyone around us ... kind, gentle, understanding and always supportive. you inspire me always with your kindness and I'm blessed to be your friend πŸ€—

mytwistedsoul January 25th, 2023

@Optimisticempath I follow your example Opti. ❀️ You are such a wonderful sweet and thoughtful person. You shine such a light for everyone - me too 😊 You brighten my day in so many ways just by being you. You just have no idea how amazing you are. I'm so grateful I stumbled across your thread that day and even more grateful to be your friend ❀️❀️

Optimisticempath OP January 30th, 2023

@mytwistedsoul my heart is just πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί it means a lot to me Soul, thankyou for everything but mainly for being you and for your friendship ❀ I'll treasure it always *huggles πŸ€—

cute-bear-cute.gif

Lou73 January 25th, 2023

This is a really lovely and thoughtful post @Optimisticempath, a little bit of kindness goes a long way and the same goes for the opposite too. We are all humans here with our own complicated and challenging lives, members and listeners alike, and it's easy to forget the impact a few words can have. Thanks for sharing some great tips on dealing with unsupportive content in all the Cups places too ☺

*supportive hugs for all* πŸ€—

@Lou73 thankyou so much Lou πŸ€— you're so kind every time I see you ❀ thanks for replying here!

warmthAndUnderstanding6 January 30th, 2023

Thanks so much for this thread. I was feeling a bit low due to some mean people myself. <3 It's nice to know I'm not alone.

@warmthAndUnderstanding6

im sorry you had to deal with their meanness :( its valid to feel low but I'm also happy you feel lil better because you do deserve to feel better and not being put down by some unkind people <3

If there's anything I can do to make you feel more better please dont hesitate to ask πŸ€—

miraculousParadise2759 January 31st, 2023

@Optimisticempath People displace a lot of what they're feeling behind anonymous internet trolling. I usually approach trolling from that point of view and end up supporting them. Ends up becoming a mature dialogue about their stress.

Optimisticempath OP January 31st, 2023

@miraculousParadise2759 that is very thoughtful and nice of you and a valid point also <3

hurting others because struggling too is still no excuse for me personally and i dont wanna encourage this belief "hurt-people hurt people" ... it belittles the feelings of those hurt by such people, and it isn't fair i think :/ .. i know far too many people who are also hurting but still choose to be human and treat others as human also.. there always is a choice and i respect those who choose to be kind in every way possible even when they are struggling/ in a bad shape themselves :)

thanks for your kindness and giving people a benefit of doubt. <3

Optimisticempath OP March 7th

someone upvoted this and i found it in notifications so got to read it again πŸ˜… kindness reminder everyone needs πŸ’•πŸ’•