Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

What has been your biggest life challenge?

tommy August 6th

screenshot-2024-08-06-at-19-59-14_1722970758.png

This discussion forms part of our life challenges event. Click here for more information!

Everyone is presented with unique life challenges and reflection is what helps us remember how far we have come. 

Thinking back over your life, what has been your most difficult or memorable life challenge to date?

purpleTree4652 August 6th

@tommy

not offing myself

mytwistedsoul August 6th

@purpleTree4652 I'm glad you're still here ❤️ You've had alot of challenges that you had to face especially with work and moving plus doing classes (I hope I'm remembering this right). And your wonderful kitty has been your constant companion 

purpleTree4652 August 7th

@mytwistedsoul

Hi, Soul,

Thank you so much for your heartfelt note.  You are exactly right.  I'm still not out of the woods, but I'm fighting and moving forward.

God bless you.

mytwistedsoul August 7th

@purpleTree4652 Even though you're not out of the woods, acknowledging that you're still fighting and moving forward says so very much! Never forget how far you've come and how amazing you are! ❤️

@mytwistedsoul

Thank you.  love, tree

SerenityLight August 6th

@purpleTree4652 I'm sorry, but I do understand. I have been there in the past. I hope that with each day it gets better and you find comfort and peace. 🌻

purpleTree4652 August 6th

@SerenityLight

I'm sorry that you have had to feel that, too.  I pray your future brings you safety, health, and happiness.  

SerenityLight August 8th

@purpleTree4652 Thank you so much, and you as well. God bless. 

carefulWest6083 August 7th

@purpleTree4652

Would be exactly the words I'd use. I actually came here to write them somewhere and suddenly I see your post.

That would be my toughest challenge too.

@carefulWest6083

(hugs long and meaningful)

optimisticPlane7372 August 6th

@tommy

challenging myself to have self esteem and not spend my life people-pleasing

Being hotheaded. Stubborn.

Tinywhisper11 August 7th

@communicativePond1728 yes but we love you for those reasons😁❤

Conflicts August 6th

@tommy being alive with no meaning, goal, or even desire

Tinywhisper11 August 7th

@Conflicts hugs you tightly ❤

Conflicts August 7th

@Tinywhisper11 it cannot be true

TU100OT August 6th

@tommy

My most memorable life challenge has been my 3 year illness + my learning disabilities affecting me throughout and not being able to navigate life because of it, not even the simplest of things at times, + the side effects during the treatment and medication and also the side effects which are residual which may take years to go, some are to stay. The medication and treatment messed with my brain a bit so it was hard and tough, and it is still there a bit, but not much

I had seviour lymphnode infection and because of the medicines I got peripheral neuropathy also.

Recently, I shifted to a new city and got married, so the home environment changed, and here it is a relaxed and supportive environment, it was like a required big break for me. I still have issues both mental and physical but now it is in a relaxed and supportive environment, so, so far it has been smooth.

I hope everyone who is going through something, gets ten fold strength, positivity, optimism, and goodness throughout

Tinywhisper11 August 7th

@TU100OT I'm so glad to hear your in a better environment, and married, congratulations ❤❤ I'm sorry your health is so bad😥 remember we are all here for you, hugs you tightly ❤

TU100OT August 7th

@Tinywhisper11

*hugs* 🫂

mytwistedsoul August 6th

Working through childhood trauma 

Tinywhisper11 August 7th

@mytwistedsoul hugs soul ❤ I love you ❤

mytwistedsoul August 7th

@Tinywhisper11 Love you too Tiny ❤️ *big hugs back* 

SerenityLight August 8th

@mytwistedsoul Hugs and I hope each day gets better. 

mytwistedsoul August 8th

@SerenityLight Thank you ❤️ hugs to you too! I hope you find that balance and a routine that gives you more good days than bad

SerenityLight August 6th

Finding a balance in life with having multiple health and mental conditions. Sometimes I am okay, and sometimes I am not well. It's a struggle but I am making a daily routine for me that is not overwhelming, reaching out to people and helping others. Helping others does bring me joy and uplifts me. 

Tinywhisper11 August 7th

@SerenityLight I struggle with mental and physical health too, it's really hard. But I agree with you, helping support others here at 7 cups has helped me so much, I'm glad it helps you to. Gives you a giant tiny hug ❤ on the bad days, lean on us here ❤ we will always be here for you ❤

SerenityLight August 8th

@Tinywhisper11 You are a gem, you are always helping to encourage others, when you are struggling yourself at times. You have a beautiful heart and we are so lucky to have you here with us. 

xxParkerxx August 6th

@tommy

There's so many it's hard to pick. 

Either:

My physical disabilities

OR

My underlying unknown bipolar 1

CallMeBasil August 6th

@tommy

Finding meaning and/or joy in everyday life. I've been struggling with finding something to pursue everyday to keep me going positively. I'm hoping someday I'll find something that'll achieve that drive.

Buzzyjoe August 6th

Being born a genetically inferior piece of crap

blueAcai236 August 6th

Trying to not over eat. It seems it’s all I know.

reallyoverallofit August 6th

Learning how to live with chronic illness. I was well until I got covid in 2020 at the age of 39. 

Tinywhisper11 August 7th

@reallyoverallofit hugs you tightly ❤ chronic illness is such a hard thing  to learn to live with, bless you🙁

reallyoverallofit August 7th

Thank you so much, @Tinywhisper11. It's been a rollercoaster of devastation. Thank you for your empathy. 

wandamx26 August 6th

My biggest challenge is having a career while also balancing my life in-between. Currently trying to find a job when I don't have one while things keep going on in my life like my grandma passing away yesterday and dealing with my dad who has a temper problem.

Tinywhisper11 August 7th

@wandamx26 I'm sorry for your loss😥 remember we are all here for you ❤❤

SerenityLight August 8th

@wandamx26 I'm so sorry. 

Tinywhisper11 August 7th

@tommy after I was rescued when I was 18. Then learning what the world is actually like. Seeing a bird for the first time, feeling the sun on your face, realising there is all sorts of technology. First time listening to music, meeting people who don't want to hurt you. This world is so beautiful ❤

TU100OT August 7th

@Tinywhisper11

I'm so sorry about what you went through, but I'm glad that you got to get out of that situation and are in a better place to experience the world from a different point of view
*hugs* *hugs* 🫂

Tinywhisper11 August 7th

@TU100OT yep! This world is truley a beautiful place ❤ hugggggggggs ❤