Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

I want to die but I can't.

RedAki December 8th, 2016

1. People know my name, and if they can't connect that to a person anymore, it would be bad. I have friends online that I want to meet someday.

2. I know that it'll pass in a week or so, since it always only lasts two weeks.

3. My rational part says that's stupid, don't do it.

4. It'll be mess for others. If I want to go away because I'm bothering people, wouldn't going away bother people more?

5. If school is bad, I'll just quit. And I won't do that either. I'm "bored" enough that I don't want to do anything. I'm avoiding people, I don't want to say things I'll regret. I don't want my friends to worry.

1. While depression comes and goes, I know it will be back and the exact weeks it will be back. It's been repeating for a year now.

2. I can't get help. I can't tell my parents. I can't do anything. I'm trying otc supplements, but it isn't working. I feel the same. I don't know if I'm even taking the right ones. I had to buy it on cash since I don't want my parents to know.

3. Stress never ends. Problems never end, this cycle never ends. Depression is like clockwork for me.

4. I'm tired, it's the third day now. I don't want to make it through the week until it ends. (What if it doesn't. Then I'm really screwed.)

Conclusion: I'm stuck. I don't know what to do next. I honestly tried otc medicines and the fact that it isn't working is making me feel dead inside. I don't want to bother, hurt, affect anyone in any way. I nearly told a friend yesterday and he was worried. And I felt worse knowing I was being selfish. It really hurts, I can't think straight anymore. I have finals coming up and I can't fail them. That's what everyone is busy with. I'm not joking when I say I can't bother people or I am a bother.

Is this really a listening website? I don't believe it anymore. Nothing's working. I don't understand how it works. It's my only option if I want to talk. What do I even want anymore I don't know. I hate typing, I can't draw, I can't show anything. I'm annoyed that I'm feeling this way, like it's my fault. I refuse to swear, I refuse to not puncuate. And as a result, I sure don't sound upset do I?

davidsarrat December 8th, 2016

@RedAki It's nice that you're aware of the way it works (point 2), at least. It's time to be strong and to stick with the fact that, as you said, it'll eventually fade. The way we see things changes so often during our whole life, but I'm pretty sure there are many other stages to come and this one shouldn't prevent the future ones from coming. It just doesn't deserve the victory against our own happiness. I'm aware we listeners shouldn't give advice, but from what life has taught me, I can tell these emotional stages are like a river. Let it flow. Don't try to position yourself against your own feelings. Don't follow them. Just let it pass.

If you ever need to talk or express yourself, you can always open a private chat with me, and I'll happily listen to you. :)

However, if you ever feel things are becoming worse, I suggest you to seek for professional help as soon as possible. You know when this problem is knocking the door, somehow. If it doesn't leave after a while or it becomes much more stronger; don't ignore it, even if you're used to see it coming and leaving. Personally, I once underestimated it. There was a day in which I woke up and I simply knew I couldn't handle it anymore, that it was just too much. I had much more work to do just to get rid of it, and I truly regret that I didn't "kill" it when I had the chance.

Best of luck.

RedAki OP December 8th, 2016

@RedAki

I can't breathe. I can't move. I'm at school so I have to look normal. I don't know where to turn to. I really can't breathe.

RedAki OP December 8th, 2016

Please delete this.

Hopeful0001 December 8th, 2016

@RedAki

you want me to delete the thread ?

RedAki OP December 10th, 2016

@HalliwellSister

I was embarrassed right after writing so I reported myself a few times but it didn't delete. And I guess I wrote that so people could disregard this. But the replies surprised me and I want to think about it. So I guess I take that back.

Hopeful0001 December 10th, 2016

@RedAki

alright :)

justanemptynobody December 8th, 2016

@RedAki

Medicines have always proven pretty lame when it comes to solving this kind of situation. As much as I hate to say it, chemical compounds are not omnipotent.
I'd like to tell you you shouldn't feel selfish for asking help to other. That would be pretty ironic considering that is very exactly why I can't say a thing to anyone about how I feel. But hey, I'm gonna say that anyway. Don't feel selfish for asking help. It's all but selfish. And there's no better way of spotting a selfless person than looking for those who call themselves selfish.

I'd like to tell you your last sentence was not needed, but it actually was a big help to understand. You... you are not actually upset are you ? You wish you were, but it's almost like you don't have the strength to be upset anymore.

But you're here.

Yeah, I know, written like that, it sounds lame, but it's a solid fact. As much as I hate to admit it for myself - again - the simple fact of being here proves there's still a way to get out of what you're in.

Clocks can break pretty easily. It just needs a spark. This trigger has gotta be here, somwhere. No other choice but to keep lookin'.

neatFig7504 January 9th, 2017

I want to die .but I can't...I think dying would solve all my problems....really...dying is the perfect solution to my problem...but I don't want to make my parents hurt...i m here at home praying to god to take me away as soon as possible...since I can't kill myself right now

RedAki OP March 24th, 2017

@neatFig7504 From one to another, as hypocritical as it is for me, and as late as this is, don't do it. Talk to your parents or anyone who knows you. Talk to someone here.

crimsonMelon8700 February 8th, 2017

You have done really well to post this. I am sorry that you feel so bad.