Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Introducing... Support Session for Health Care Workers (HCW) Members

ASilentObserver August 28th, 2022

Hello everyone,

I hope everyone has a relaxing Sunday and taking some time for themselves.

I am excited and pleased to introduce Support Sessions for Health Care Workers (HCW) Members in the Group Chats.

The session will take place every Monday at 12.00 PM Eastern Time (4.00 PM GMT) in the Support Session Room. It will be hosted by @Brightfuture82 & @TheRandomEMT

Brief Background: Early in January 2022, a couple of members reached out to discuss the potential to bring support to healthcare worker members and they would be benefitted to have a dedicated space and that time we introduced a dedicated forum page for HealthCare Worker Members.

Fast forward to the present time, @brightfuture82 & @HelpfulDiamond reached out about scaling up the support for healthcare worker members. We discussed organizing and hosting support sessions.
They worked on the discussion script, finalizing the date and time for the session, and other specifics. Both went above and beyond to actualize the idea of having support sessions.

I am grateful to both for taking lead on this front and bringing some more support for healthcare worker members. I look forward to scaling it up further so we can have more support sessions.

I hope all healthcare worker members find these sessions helpful.

Key Notes:

1. All Listeners who are HealthCare Workers, please join from your member account to share your personal experiences while being on the listener account, please ensure to support fellow healthcare members during the support session. Being mindful of our account boundaries would be helpful.
  2. If you have any topic suggestions on which we can discuss more in-depth in future support sessions, please reach out either to @brightFuture82, @helpfuldiamond, or @ASilentObserver (me).
  3. If you are interested to host a support session on HealthCare Workers Support, please apply here.
  4. If you are a HealthCare Worker, please introduce yourself here

giphy.gif

ASilentObserver OP August 28th, 2022

@vroomvrooom Agreed Vroom and I hope so too. I would love to bring all support and help I could for all our HCW friends.

TheRandomEMT August 28th, 2022

It's finally here!!!

A special thanks to Obs for making this work. Truly thank you!

Just tagging a few to start with:

@SuperStar00 @Eraggon @EmpathicPikachu @PoliteOcean @ShaunX @Derekfan7695 @BesosSparkle @StarlaSky @EmpathicSunshine22 @DarkGalaxy55555 @GoldenNest2727 @911Rescue @AmintaBlack @MojosKeeper @conscientiousPeach2999 @navyPark @inventiveOrange1 @HopieRemi @DustInTheWind00 @xandia @RachaelZxx @modestOrange545533 @snowBunny1407 @P0eT1K @MeyTea @magicalOcean594 @starlightinajar @PrairieGal @horsefeathers

Important note:

As mentioned above, listeners who are healthcare workers are welcome to join the session from their member account to remain within the guidelines.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou August 28th, 2022

@ListenerDustin 😊

@Sunisshiningandsoareyou

Thanks for the correction!

MojosKeeper August 28th, 2022

@TheRandomEMT

Awesome stuff guys thank you ❣️

AnxiousOrange00 August 28th, 2022

@911rescue

@modestOrange545533

Thanks for the correction

KindHuman1994 August 29th, 2022

@TheRandomEMT @ASilentObserver

Wow this sounds exciting.
Thanks for the initiative.

Sunisshiningandsoareyou August 28th, 2022

@ASilentObserver

This is a great introduction, Obziee, thanks to the group support team for considering the valuable feedback, and to all those who have tried their best in making this happen, and will continue to support the initiative, whether as a host, or a participant.❤

Special shout out to @TheRandomEMT and @brightfuture82, and @EveryoneElseWhoSupported, for being awesome.❤

magicalOcean594 August 28th, 2022

@ASilentObserver

finally! <3 thank you

BluBeann August 28th, 2022

If I work on the suicide hotline and help line does that count?

ASilentObserver OP August 28th, 2022

@BluBeann Yes Blue. We apprecuate your work and support to all the people out there and helping them to be safe.

kindSoul10 August 28th, 2022

@ASilentObserver is there any verification process so we don't have imposters for healthcare workers?

What's about the bio guidelines? Is it okay to reveal you're a healthcare worker in your bio?

Exciting news. Thanks for everyone who worked on making this happen and came up with the idea.

KindHuman1994 September 10th, 2022

@kindSoul10 I mean it will be difficult to ask for someone's medical license without compromising their anonymity

So I don't think there's a very definitive way to do that but also I believe it will be extremely difficult to be an imposter haha because all that knowledge and medical lingo we talk in 🤣 I don't think any normal person can talk like that.
kindSoul10 September 10th, 2022

@KindHuman1994 I beg to differ. There's a prominent imposter in Germany who worked up his ranks to become the director of a mental hospital. Before that he was working as head physician in several mental hospitals. He even didn't finish school. ;)

However I think I misunderstood the intent of this group sessions. I thought it's for listeners and that would blurr the line between active listening and declaring you have professional expertise in health topics which can create wrong expectations about giving and offering advice.

kindSoul10 September 10th, 2022

Addendum: ATL give up their anonymity towards the admins of 7 cups. So do therapists on this site. It's possible. :)

KindHuman1994 September 10th, 2022

@kindSoul10 but they willingly give that.

I don't think people will be comfortable to do that just to participate in a group.

ASilentObserver OP September 12th, 2022

@kindSoul10

Hi Soul, thank you for asking the question. Currently, we have no guidelines to mention if they are healthcare workers or not in their bios. They are members who are working in the healthcare industry and could use some dedicated support and discussions.

I hear your concern but we wouldn't be able to identify if they are imposters or real because we are not asking who they are, where are they from, or what license they have. They are anonymous users working in the health care sector and will be participating in the sessions to get some support and know that they are not alone. We are here with them to support them.

Jaeteuk August 28th, 2022

Thank you for creating a designated support session for us, health care workers! I'll look forward to joining a session in the near future. I live on the West Coast, so with the current time of the session, I'm getting ready for work and may only drop by for less than 30 minutes. I'll still look forward to meeting more fellow health care workers.

Thank you again, for all those who made this happen!~ ❤️

@ASilentObserver

CATastrophizing August 28th, 2022

Hi! I'm a registered nurse and have been for over 20 years.

Brightfuture82 August 28th, 2022

@ASilentObserver

I am thrilled to see an idea come to reality! Even though i have no business being here since i am not a healthcare worker but, i started seeing and hearing what healthcare workers are going through and how much they need a space to let themselves free so, that's when i decided to help out in any way i could. This is absolutely amazing!😀

A big thank you to @HelpfulDiamond for everything she has done in order for healthcare workers to have that space and a bigger thank you to @ASilentObserver since he is the reason we now have this supportive space for our dear heroes!💖

Looking forward to seeing you all tomorrow! I hope We can deliver a great session.🙂

starlightinajar August 28th, 2022

Amazing work guys! @HelpfulDiamond @Brightfuture82 @ASilentObserver

We really needed a space for HCWs, to talk about all that we deal with in our line of work. You guys really put a lot of thought and effort into this, kudos!

SynSavory August 28th, 2022

@ASilentObserver

What a wonderful initiative!

HopieRemi August 28th, 2022

@asilentobserver as a healthcare worker I appreciate this !

GenerousTiger012 August 29th, 2022

@ASilentObserver

Hey obs! I remember requesting that haha! Thank you so much for this. I'll try to sync my shifts accordingly so I can participate in this group! It was much needed!

Derekfan7695 August 29th, 2022

I am very interested in this group!

SynSavory September 13th, 2022

@ASilentObserver

Oooh this is a very wonderful initiative!