Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

ow.

etherealnova April 7th, 2023

TW: Abuse, crisis thoughts

moving back in with your abuser because you don't know what to do besides fake a smile and suck up any pain thrown your way <

so uh I'm moving back in with my mom after a year of fighting to get away from her. (2nd time I've done this, 2nd time I've screwed myself over) I know we're both going to get worse and she's going to relapse. sometimes I think, "yay. more * abuse. i don't care anymore. suck it the * up." but uh. yeah. scared rn. i just told my grandma on the phone, "Yes, I am permanently moving out of your house." I feel so bad. i just. don't know what to do. I KNOW what is best for me - anything but my mom. but Im just so scrambled i don't care. i do care, I'm just too scared to act for myself. i hope i don't fall back into depression.

Edited April 14, 2023

Mya000 April 14th, 2023

@etherealnova I'm sorry to hear that you're in such a difficult situation. It's completely understandable that you feel scared and overwhelmed about moving back in with your mom, especially if it means facing abuse and potential harm to yourself. It's important to remember that you have the right to prioritize your own safety and well-being, even if it means making difficult choices like leaving an abusive environment. You mentioned feeling too scared to act for yourself, and that's okay. It's okay to ask for help and seek support from others, whether it's a trusted friend or family member, a therapist, or a hotline.

etherealnova OP April 20th, 2023

@Mya000 Thank you, but I've done this all before. Most of my family knows she has abused me, and I'm pretty sure they're all done with her ***. But they've stepped in too many times to care again. I'll be ok.

Mya000 April 22nd, 2023

@etherealnova I'm sorry to hear that you've been through this before and that your family has had to intervene in the past. It's good to hear that you believe they are aware of the situation and supportive of you at least. If you ever need someone to talk to or support, I'm here for you. Take care of yourself ❤️