Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Weekly Prompt #36: Can you list five things you love about yourself?

ASilentObserver April 18th

Hello all! 

Last week we discussed: What healthy coping mechanisms do you use to manage difficult emotions? If you haven't checked yet, please click here to add your thoughts. 

This week's prompt-  Can you list five things you love about yourself? 

We often find it easier to criticize ourselves rather than celebrate our strengths. But it is okay to practice self-love and acknowledge the positive qualities that make us unique individuals. So, let's reflect and list five things we love about ourselves.

Join us in the 24/7 General Support Group Chat to share and support each other.

loof-and-timmy-loof.gif

@ASilentObserver I love that I am reflective and strong. I am also flexible to life's blows. I am beautiful and lastly, I have a great sense of humor🤗😄.

LittleNini16 July 9th

5 thing's I love about myself,this is sooooooo......,hard 😮‍💨😮‍💨.

Can't think of anything,but ........

1.)*My resilience*: i've been through a lot, and yet am still standing.i believe or I used to believe that I was capable of overcoming obstacles,I don't even think it's possible any more.

2.) *My empathy*: I care deeply about others and can put myself in their shoe's ,

3. ).............

4..).............

5 .).............

Lol can't think of anything else

LittleNini16 July 9th

5 thing's I love about myself,this is sooooooo......,hard 😮‍💨😮‍💨.

Can't think of anything,but ........

1.)*My resilience*: i've been through a lot, and yet am still standing.i believe or I used to believe that I was capable of overcoming obstacles,I don't even think it's possible any more.

2.) *My empathy*: I care deeply about others and can put myself in their shoe's ,

3. ).............

4..).............

5 .).............

Lol can't think of anything else

I love my curly hair

I love my sense of humor

I love the fact I'm trying to get better

I love my sense of style

I love my smartness in school

Whelve1 July 11th

@ASilentObserver
I love my determination.

I love my empathy.

I love my appearance and beauty.

I love my ability to love others.

I love how I see the world.

TheAutumnWitch July 11th

@ASilentObserver

1. I love that I’ve gotten one of the surgeries that I’ve needed for years.
  2. I love that I’m at least able to limp around now with some support as opposed to being completely bedridden.
  3. I love that I have a truly loving and supportive group in the form of my chosen family.
  4. I love that I am learning to bake more sweet treats for myself and my loved ones.
  5. I love that I am learning to set boundaries for my own sake.
ASilentObserver OP August 12th

@TheAutumnWitch It feels like there's been some positive changes in your life which is good. We all here for you <3 Keep taking your small steps

averyjayne July 11th

1. I show up for those i care about

2. I have a big heart

3. i am smart & educated

4. I have love and support

5. I ave an awesome job

@averyjayne this is awesome avery, . What do you think may help you feel more confident?

TJItalia July 11th

@ASilentObserver

1. Creativity 

2. Compassion for others

3. Music enthusiast and instrument player

4. Supportive husband

5. Captain of my own journey

@TJItalia It is good that you have found some things that bring you joy and appreciation in your life. How do these things make you feel?

TJItalia August 12th

@TJItalia

I have a great support team that helps me so much on my journey. I use my creativity and motivation  to make changes in my life. My team guides me through all the ups and downs. Finally I am very compassionate to others, I have to work on self compassion. 

tealBear2472 August 2nd

1. I am really stubborn when I have to communicate with my family/bf. 

2. I am worried about not hurting people's feelings, maybe too much so.

3. I am learning how to be more direct with each interaction I have instead of sugar coating it.

4. I am finally paying for activities that make my life happy. Example, attend weekly water color painting classes, and frequent yoga classes. 

5. I am conscious of my reality...and try my best to be fiscally responsible, so that I'm leaning toward independency, and my bf won't carry so much burden. And instead can help me. 

tealBear2472 August 2nd

@tealBear2472

6. I'm proud of being there for my mom while she's having covid (she contracted from a patient). I walked the dog twice a day for 4 days; I got fam dinner for 2 days of 4 days so far. I also worked with my sister to take on my mom's domestic responsibility like dishes, watering tomatoes, and etc.

@tealBear2472 It is good you have made some great progress in expressing yourself, taking care of yourself, and supporting others during a challenging time. How do these changes make you feel?

Swordpsalm August 2nd

@ASilentObserver

1. I was able to get my glider pilot's license when I was 17.

2. I was able to get acceptance into 2 Canadian schools of architecture (undergrad).

3. I was able to get pre-accepted into an American grad school of architecture.

4. I was baptized twice, once as a baby into the Roman Catholic Church, later as an adult into the Protestant Church.

5. All the design, art and music that God inspired me to make.

@Swordpsalm It sounds like you have many things to be thankful for. How do these blessings impact your life?

blueAcai236 August 10th

Hmmmm

I love that I’m a good listener

I love my eyes

I love my patience with others

i love my humour

I love my caring nature

@blueAcai236 they are some really lovely things about yourself that you appreciate. What do these traits mean to you?

blueAcai236 August 12th

To me it means people know that they come to me and I will be there for them. Doing for others is one thing in life I really enjoy

energeticAcai4232 August 12th

I love the fact that I have a disability because it brings me different aspects of my life that I appreciate and that I don't take for granted.

I love being able to be grateful for life and I love working on my self with counselingless and I love being a student counselor

I love making a difference as a disability advocate and an advocate in general for myself and other people.

I love being a part of this beautiful community and I'm fortunate to be a member and a active listener because I have two aspects.

dhabib August 16th

@ASilentObserver I love about myself 

being a leader 

winner 

beautiful 

singer 

a great speaker