Skip to main content Skip to bottom nav

Weekly Prompt #36: Can you list five things you love about yourself?

ASilentObserver April 18th

Hello all! 

Last week we discussed: What healthy coping mechanisms do you use to manage difficult emotions? If you haven't checked yet, please click here to add your thoughts. 

This week's prompt-  Can you list five things you love about yourself? 

We often find it easier to criticize ourselves rather than celebrate our strengths. But it is okay to practice self-love and acknowledge the positive qualities that make us unique individuals. So, let's reflect and list five things we love about ourselves.

Join us in the 24/7 General Support Group Chat to share and support each other.

loof-and-timmy-loof.gif
purpleTree4652 April 18th

@ASilentObserver

Hi, ASO,

I love my curly hair.

I love that I am working on a masters degree.

I love that I am doing this on my own.

I love that I cut off my birth family.

I love that I have friends on 7cups.

Heather225 April 18th

@purpleTree4652

this was so satisfying to read. good for you!!

ASilentObserver OP April 22nd

@purpleTree4652 Great list purple. I am glad you like your curly hair. What do you like most about being in school?

purpleTree4652 April 22nd

@ASilentObserver

Hi, ASO,

Working on a master's program makes me feel like I'm accomplishing something.  I feel useful to myself and hopefully, eventually to other people.

calmMango9611 June 13th

@purpleTree4652 I am so glad, you love your curly hair. Thanks for sharing this, with us.

akunknown July 9th

@purpleTree4652

It’s absolutely gr8 that you love your curly hair! I love that but love the other 4 even more! 

Master’s degree…..proud of you, congratulations, best of luck to you :)

Doing this on your own……you should be proud of yourself for doing this on your own :)

Cut off your birth family…..gr8 job! Good for you! Another benefit: this is something we have in common 😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂😂

Have friends on 7 Cups…….YAAAY!!!!!! Way to go!

TheAutumnWitch July 11th

@purpleTree4652

I love that you love all these things about yourself, and I’m proud of you! 💜💜💜

purpleTree4652 July 12th

@TheAutumnWitch

My sister!  (big hug)  

You have been inspirational to me.  

Tinywhisper11 April 18th

@ASilentObserver 5 things🤔🤔

1. I like being able to do art 

2. I like my humour

3. I like my curiosity

4. .....

5. ........

Heather225 April 18th

@Tinywhisper11

4. your gif reaction choices

Tinywhisper11 April 19th

@Heather225 ❤😁❤ I forgot about that one😁 thankyou ❤❤

@Tinywhisper11 Great attempt, tiny. You have a lot of wonderful qualities. What are some things you would like to change about yourself?

Tinywhisper11 August 15th

@ASilentObserver nothing I'm perfect😎

😂😂😂😂

unassumingEyes April 22nd

@Tinywhisper11 

Kindness, bravery, supportiveness, big brains (yesss i mean it) you have lots of lovely qualities Tiny 🩷 

Its okay, though. I know its hard to find them in yourself/gen 

@unassumingEyes awwww only know seeing this message ❤❤ hugs you tightly ❤❤I love you ❤

unassumingEyes August 15th

@Tinywhisper11 love you too ❤️🫂🌵🫂🫂🫂

calmMango9611 June 13th

@Tinywhisper11 I love your humor as well. Your a very beautiful, smart, kind, loving and funny person. You truly are. You're very special to 7cups and you're very special to me, you truly are.

Tinywhisper11 June 13th

@calmMango9611 thanks friend ❤❤ hugs you tightly ❤ I love you, that was all very sweet of you to say ❤

hugs-sending-hugs.gif

PetiteSouris August 15th

❀ @Tinywhisper11 

5. I love that you are supportive of others

₊˚⊹ ⁀➴ ᰔ₊˚⊹ᡣ • . • 𐭩

@PetiteSouris awwww thanks souris ❤❤❤ gives you a giant tiny hug ❤❤ you are so sweet ❤

sincerePlane4053 April 18th

@ASilentObserver hi there.

I love that I am:

1. Charismatic

2. Compassionate

3. Empathetic

4. Responsible

5. Rational

I feel like these characteristics describe me very well because i have identify with others easily and care about the impact I may have on people as well. I am unique and respectful, as well as intuitive and personable.

Ethan 

Tinywhisper11 April 19th

@sincerePlane4053 yaaaaay!

clap-clapping.gif

@sincerePlane4053 Awesome Ethan, Those are great qualities to have. How do these traits help you navigate challenging situations?

sincerePlane4053 April 23rd

@ASilentObserver they allow me to see things from other people's perspective, which ultimately allows myself to interact with them differently, with details of understanding and respect.

Ethan

ASilentObserver OP April 24th

@sincerePlane4053 You seem to have a good awareness of how your strengths can help you navigate challenging situations.

calmMango9611 June 13th

@sincerePlane4053 I love the fact you're compassionate and charismatic as well.

sincerePlane4053 June 28th

@calmMango9611 thank you so much! :) 

Heather225 April 18th

1. my ability to empathize
2. my gentility
3. willingness to relate to others to solve problems 
4. my resilience, baby!!!
5. not necessarily love but appreciate: the pain i've been through because it's made me the loving person i am today

Tinywhisper11 April 19th

@Heather225 nah! Your special, you were always destined to be a loving,  kind person. You should never have gone through pain😟 

6. Makes great posts

7. Pretty as a butterfly

@Heather225 Thank you H.  You have so many great qualities. I'm glad you have such a positive view of yourself.

calmMango9611 June 13th

@Heather225 H I love that you're a gentle soul. That is a great quality to have, my friend. Please, do not lose that quality.

Heather225 June 13th
@calmMango9611

thank you Mango! i try to live by this quote:

"Be soft. Do not let the world make you hard. Do not let the pain make you hate. Do not let the bitterness steal your sweetness. Take pride that even though the rest of the world may disagree, you still believe it to be a beautiful place."

calmMango9611 June 13th

@Heather225 What a beautiful quote, my friend. Thanks for sharing this.

@ASilentObserver

Hello everyone!

A very pleasant good day/evening/night to you. 😊

It’s always a pleasure to interact with you all. Five things that I love about myself:

1. My optimism

2. Strength to overcome adversity

3. Patience

4. Respect for others and myself

5. My commitment to personal growth

I really do appreciate this discussion. It gently nudged me to start back my self-appreciation reflection reminders again. I didn’t realize that I stopped and how much I needed this again. Thank you for giving me an opportunity to post. 💓

Tinywhisper11 April 19th

@GentleHealingInitiative goooooood morning from sunny UK😁 they are great qualities to be proud of ❤ gives you a giant tiny hug ❤

@Tinywhisper11

Good Morning!!! 😊

Do have a blessed and lovely day ahead. 💖

Tinywhisper11 April 19th

@GentleHealingInitiative ❤❤

@GentleHealingInitiative Thank you Gentle. It is great to see such a nice list. You have a lot of wonderful qualities. What do you think are some areas you could improve on?

@ASilentObserver Hello! Hope you’re doing well. 💓

When I first read this question, I thought of some of my weaknesses and how I could improve on them each. I then realized that although I’m aiming to improve myself, I could focus not only on the things I’m not good at, but also the things that I am- that is my strengths. Building on my strengths can help me become more masterful in that ability. Hence, one area that I would like to improve in is my reappraisal skills.

Many times in life we find ourselves in stressful situations that may produce stagnant negative emotions. By continually improving my reappraisal skills I can reduce these negative feelings and increase positive emotions from said stressful situations. I do think that I try to have an optimistic outlook from situations before, but I also do believe that there's always room for improvement.

calmMango9611 June 13th

@GentleHealingInitiative I love the fact, that you respect others. It is a great quality to have. We need more people like you, we truly do.